Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

I recently redesigned my main Brain Blister, a MC/Emp turned MC/Thermal Controller. Since I started playing back on live those bright Malaise cargo pants were my signature flair in my old SG filled with dark and brooding costumed heroes. After the pattern was taken out of the player character creator, Brain Blister felt like even more of a rarity. When I came back to Homecoming the first thing I did was dig into to the costume files to get these flashy pants back (this was before the Malaise pieces were unlocked for players).
1043488474_BrainBlisterClassic.jpg.ff24640d494a5ac4f060d9d917dce0ae.jpg
But as much as I love this costume, it never got the same amount of compliments as my other characters, so I've recently worked on modernizing the concept, retiring this as BB's Silver Age design. To prevent his mind from slipping into the astral plains, he wears a helmet that helps to anchor him into the physical world - so this is where I started. Next I gave him some armor. Ideally I'd like to use something a little more ornate and djinn-y but my headcanon is that this plate armor is crafted with arcane crystal ball glass. A few asymmetrical ascension aura pieces later and I wound up with this:
829235251_BrainBlisterKnight.jpg.bb2156a2bf478550c086f1f0614717ef.jpg
Not bad, but it still didn't feel good enough to win a costume contest. So I went back to the drawing board and exhausted the ever-living hell out of the bright Malaise pattern. Ultimately as much as I adore the range of colors in the piece, there isn't enough contrast to make them truly pop, so I gave the inversion a shot. I'd been resistant to dropping the white palatte, as offensively bright is part of BB's charm and the inverse coloring treads on being too reminiscent of Malaise. After some tinkering though I ended up with a pretty dope Incarnate-level astral form for Brain Blister:
307264228_BrainBlisterDark.jpg.e87008cebed2a460ecb438706e3c0268.jpg

And sure enough, this one was a first place winner of the next costume contest I entered! Proud to finally have a CC win under my main's belt, but it's all for show, playing anything with the Banished Pantheon head auras is impossible 😆

Edited by Sparrows
  • Like 7

In addition to Brain Blister I want to share two other characters that stories intertwine in an interesting way.

First off is The Body! This Bio/Spines tanker has gotten me the most costume compliments out of any character, so he probably fits here more than any of my other characters. He's a max height towering "zombie" that can manipulate his own flesh and bones, an unkillable mindless hunk of meat that is constantly consuming organic materials. I found that the 'Fire & Ice' set makes for some believable decaying flesh. 

Body.thumb.jpg.9c965620f23eeba6531186e9c2e080f0.jpg1938070560_BodyMorphing.jpg.58dfe98104231230712d14c385a30746.jpg

The Body wasn't always so big though. He started off as a wimpy unpopular kid that was the prime target for a serial killer. Kid went missing, was found dead in a ditch, but turned up back in homeroom a week after his own funeral. Creepy stuff. Town turned on him, and he became a bit of a local Frankenstein's monster.
1156498866_BodyBoyWide.jpg.42bc76c9cb4f8084b28d708f3e612694.jpg511445540_BodyBoy.jpg.47c1e9c7d369055da00a680077d7d8b6.jpg
Luckily, one of his old bullies (and the initial prime suspect in the murder) had a change of heart and sheltered him in the woods behind his property. There the Body started hunting the fauna and began to grow into the beast he is today. With a deteriorating mind Body can't do much, but he has the intrinsic urge to protect. Eventually he becomes big enough to serve as an organic suit of armor for his childhood tormentor, who is able to think clearly and direct the creatures powers.
414904488_BodyPilot.jpg.0f2375d3f9fb8c7296aa845db48b36d3.jpg
This pair teams up to clear their names, solve the murder, and put a stop to a dangerous mad scientist responsible for countless deaths.

ELSEWHERE!

Then there's the Dresden Doorway. A brilliant scientist in his own right, Dresden inherits his estranged father's life's work: ghost busting gauntlets! Even though he's a Dark/Dark Stalker, Dresden is more concerned with science than scrapping with evil doers. Still, he's responsible for protecting dangerous tech from falling into the wrong hands so sometimes he has no option but to throw down. As the living key to the hi-tech doorway between life and death, Dresden is able to absorb souls, and call forth the protection of ethereal allies (like his father) to cloak him from the living.
2143556978_DresdenDoorway.jpg.2ebc51deaca96945c3b6eee31d62fd46.jpg21222501_DresdenDoorwayInvents.jpg.fc7225aaa3dad07a9ba45eb2654492d1.jpg

So how/why are these three heroes connected? Well let me introduce their Praetorian counterpart: Mind Body and Soul!
456646545_MindBodySoul.thumb.jpg.3b06983690f69ad2701add62228edca2.jpg
This Psi/Bio/Soul Brute is the dangerous mirror world counterpart of all three heroes. Praetorian Brain Blister's mind was untethered from his body in failed mission to the astral plains. With his physical form dead, he's able to mindjack The Body in a last ditch survival effort. Ego bruised and thirsty for power this version of Brain Blister comes to realizes that he can become the master of the three realms: the astral, the physical, and the spiritual. With his new body, he consumes Praetorian Dresden Doorway. As Mind Body and Soul this chimera hones his powers, blind to the fact that he might be giving a perfect weapon to the ancient evils that the Dresden Doorway was responsible for keeping locked away...

• Like 13

14 hours ago, She-Wolf said:

udrICP3.png

dunno which form to go with:

oG7mUOz.png

Love the use of the left hand glove on Jewel! 

I think my vote is for the monstrous head.

11 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

@Sparrows Those are all absolutely excellent, Spar! Brain Blister's final form looks straight out of an old Dr Strange comic. Body is appropriately creepy, as well!

Thanks VG, that's exactly what I was going for!  

2 hours ago, Carandiru said:

the topic name is not: post you best costume designs? There are some that hurts in the eyes kkkkkkk

I think you'd have to delete a few posts yourself if that's the case 🤣

Seriously though, don't be a crabapple about other people's creative endeavors. We all have different tastes and gatekeeping is only going to prevent people from posting their work. Every costume in this thread has value to someone other than the poster and can serve as inspiration for new uses of costume parts and character concepts. There are plenty of posts that get a "eh, not for me" as I scroll through this thread but it's sooooo easy to skip them and find something else that I like instead of sharing my negative thoughts. Hope your eyeballs recover though!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

So I've been a busy beaver. I've been REALLY taken with concept characters recently, so that means sharing time!

First up is VARSy-T, a disposable Vanguard mech designed for single ops only. And disposable means, of course, I need battle damage:

Varsity1.thumb.jpg.77d68538e791a4cb256a5a3caca68d23.jpgVarsity2.jpg.604a07f50505fdedf3f3e5555432bd30.jpgVarsity3.jpg.fb117bd2d5a201f27d0d0b5872ee35ba.jpgVarsity4.jpg.39d0bdf192ca9db94c8dee1cb2d5b0f9.jpg

The pirate hook is envisioned as a last-resort close combat weapon built into the armor, for when civilized combat fails.

Not really pictured: second armor has a sparks aura, third has an electricity aura. Gotta give that slow-but-impending meltdown feel.

(Apologies for the low res scaling btw, I only realized after getting mostly through these screenshots that I had it cranked way down.)

Edited by Crater Kate
  • Like 9

And speaking of catgirls, here's my first and only, Jagra!

As far as catgirls go, a catgirl is a catgirl is a catgirl, but I am pretty happy with how simple I've gotten her design:

Jagra.thumb.jpg.e7730872300603a87e2b1f5e6cabc118.jpg

(Incidentally, I'm working on a 40+ bindloadfile setup with her so I have a taunt macro that cycles insults at characters, to get that full Spider-Man annoying tanker vibe, but that's still WIP)

Edited by Crater Kate
  • Like 2

And my Widow, Black Heron!

Heron is a much more cloak-and-dagger realism character, so MOST of her costumes are just trench coats and body armor, but I'm quite happy with her alt-universe what-if-she-killed-Recluse-and-took-over-Arachnos look:

HeronEvil2.thumb.jpg.9f90ab4b54c02637da614e4837099088.jpg

• Like 2