Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

3 hours ago, Player2 said:

You're welcome.  And great design!

Honestly, I wish I could see more of things that anyone has done with name suggestions I've thrown out to the crowd.

Oh I can do that for sure, I've got quite a few of your donations in my list now.

• Like 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

19 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Plasmastorm (thanks for the name, P2!) Elec/elec sentinel. Inspired by everyone's favorite Spencer's Gift light from the 80's

Plasmastorm.JPG

Nice work & excellent balance of color & shade.  I'm guessing you're using Spectrum, but as it is supposedly a single-color feature,  how is the 2-toned blue/magenta look achieved?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind.  I'd always worked under the assumption that spectrum was single color, but experimenting now, I realize it can be a subtle 2-color selection.

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

Nice work & excellent balance of color & shade.  I'm guessing you're using Spectrum, but as it is supposedly a single-color feature,  how is the 2-toned blue/magenta look achieved?

Spectrum can use two colours, have a play with it and you'll see. Certain colours work better than others.

Edit: Actually, I'll show what I mean. So, spectrums 2 colours are sort of like "Base" and "Highlight". I say sort of, because not all colours work. So here, black is the highlight and thus you don't get a highlight:

spec4.thumb.jpg.b745da08215b0fbaa2fc763ae13b2ed1.jpg

Whereas here, white is the highlight and a fair bit more noticeable:

spec3.thumb.jpg.c06d50d3351a70c4abc1a08379d153f9.jpg

But, like I said, it's quite finicky on what colours work together. And they don't always look good:spec1.thumb.jpg.4016de4eae91e13363e55969eaa259c8.jpg

A lot of the time, there's very little difference in using a lot of colours as the highlight instead of white, but you can sometimes stumble across nice combos:

spec2.thumb.jpg.f46a93cf6f53a1fc2ebfdbb8594bb61d.jpg

As is the case with costume creation, a lot of trial and error.

Edited by The Volt
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Grimz said:

First attempt at making my own costume for a character... hope you all like it. His name is The Resistance Arrow: A Technology Archery/Atomic Blaster

Does that mean you're new to the game, or you've been doing homage costumes and/or using other people's designs until now? (Just curious)

Either way, he looks great!  I like the way the patterns on the boots and pants blend together, and the cybernetic eye detail.

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

23 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

Does that mean you're new to the game, or you've been doing homage costumes and/or using other people's designs until now? (Just curious)

Either way, he looks great!  I like the way the patterns on the boots and pants blend together, and the cybernetic eye detail.

new to HC, used to play CoH as a kid where I just used the presets lol

• Like 2

agentauger.thumb.png.7093932d023dc5ac82f83c6888592d01.pngAgent Auger, my Assault Rifle/Devices blaster.

darkeranddarker.thumb.png.6f295814e66636e4cc516acf91fc515a.pngDarker and Darker my Dark Armor/Dark Melee tanker

druidofhelllife.thumb.png.c394abf60cb89ebe9c79cf50b06277bc.pngDruid of Hell-Life, my Demon Summoning/ Nature Mastermind

icechillingcrusade.thumb.png.3aefc06f7fe16ed50d257b950da2bad6.pngIce-Chilling Crusade my Broad Sword/ Shield Brute

arzttheismann.thumb.png.ac99dcd81f4c836eaf1a94a316c68cd3.png Arzt Theismann, my Thugs/ Pain Mastermind (name is German, including the title "Arzt")

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Another Player 2 name donation, Gypsy Moth. DP/Martial Combat Blaster

Gypsy.JPG

I love the use of the cheetah spots for something other than a cat-person.

This is absolutely amazing.  Seriously, this may be my favorite "not my character" design.  I mean... I like this better than many of my own!

I'm jealous.

Edited by Player2
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Another Player 2 name donation, Gypsy Moth. DP/Martial Combat Blaster

Gypsy.JPG

This has such a strong look that it feels like it has the potential to be COH's answer to The Wasp, especially the friendly, feisty version in the animated "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" series.  Too bad the game does not have shrinking powers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

I love the use of the cheetah spots for something other than a cat-person.

This is absolutely amazing.  Seriously, this may be my favorite "not my character" design.  I mean... I like this better than many of my own!

I'm jealous.

Wow, that is seriously high praise! Thank you so much!

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Radical Reptile - Rad/Fire Brute

sFNfZsd.jpg

• Like 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

16 minutes ago, Techwright said:

This has such a strong look that it feels like it has the potential to be COH's answer to The Wasp, especially the friendly, feisty version in the animated "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" series.  Too bad the game does not have shrinking powers.

Thank you! It's funny, I've tried this power combo a few times and never enjoyed it. But on Gypsy Moth it's an absolute blast, she's just fun to watch.