Post your best costume designs here!

Posted with DJ1's permission (because he's shy rs4wmRnk_o.gif).

This is his blaster Grey Ming Badda Bing.

Screenshots taken by me.

Gray-Ming1 med.pngGray-Ming2 med.png

It's only a waist up because that is all I can remember for sure of his costume.

To be fair it's been at least a decade since I drew him as a prize for an artz contest.

I imagine him wearing pants but hey it could be a codpiece and shorts for all I know. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 8

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

Then you should click here before noon, April 16th!

Brand new colors and theme added!

shy lol! More like my compy sux and I can't take screenies as good as those. I couldve told ya what his legs and boots were if you asked but ya thanks for doing those. It will really help if I decide to get a commisson later.

• Haha 1

I've actually posted of couple of outfits for this toon, but I've been getting way too many compliments on this new one to not post it.

1T60mnh.png

And this is a magically enchanted golem brought to life by an off-screen archmage, Avallach's Golem

SOMgVJO.png

Alternate magma golem look

ymInoxN.png

• Like 7

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty. Will do any kind of crazy content.

6 hours ago, First Player said:

Playing around with the new asymmetrical shoulder options...

spacer.png

I never thought a bold color scheme that reminded me of a Howard Johnsons could ever look good on a character, but you've pulled off a very sharp look.  Bravo!

2 hours ago, Leetdeth said:

Alternate magma golem look

ymInoxN.png

While the look is a bit "busy" for my personal tastes, I must confess it is an eye-catching look.  Thumbs up!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, First Player said:

Playing around with the new asymmetrical shoulder options...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mist is cool, but I really like the use of colors on Dimension Man.  The only thing I don't like is how the rings on his left glove are at the wrist whereas the boot rings are evenly placed at the top of the boots.

• Like 3
On 11/22/2020 at 4:14 PM, Jawbreaker said:

From day one of live to the last day, I never could find any enjoyment from an Assault Rifle character, but thanks to another name grab from Player 2, I might have found one that works for me.
Battlezone, AR/Inv sentinel

screenshot_201119-21-40-11.jpg

This is terrific! Any chance you could share the costume file? 🙂👍🏻

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (my current roster of Incarnates) -----

Agent Wong (DP/Ninjutsu); Android Assassin (Beam/Devices); Atomic-Warhead (Rad Armor/Rad Melee)Hell-Spawned (Demons/Dark); Holosmith (Illusion/Traps); Mechanista (Robots/Force Field); Moon Caller (Dark Control/Savage); Shadow-Spider (Trick Arrow/Dark); Willow Thorn (Plant/Nature)

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Giant Robot Mecha style characters are something I'm becoming known for. And we now have TONS of options for doing them right. (Mecha costume set and Clockwork are enormously useful tools for that sort of look.)

But I got two requests recently for character types from Japan that gave me a bit of a challenge. Here's the first one - 

ULTRAMAN
From the original rubber suit fighting other rubber suit kaiju types - 
QBuBPfU.png

To sleek newer designs that have more sleek armor (but are still "rubber suit" underneath) 

tIbPapH.pngMCpjIti.png

To something much more "Mecha" like. 

U6eHs62.png

There's almost no wrong way to make an Ultraman design. But there do seem to be a few standard rules: 

There's got to be a helmet of sleek "swept-back" design with somewhat oversized oval eyes (that sometimes glow). A stylized "mouth" should always be a part of the design. 

The suit should always be of slim build even if it's a "mecha". No oversized feet or shoulder armor or back thrusters like a Gundam - it should look like it fits on a human actor - even if it isn't. 

There always has to be a "power crystal" in the center of the chest - like Tony Stark's Arc Reactor on the Iron Man suits. 
If there's more than one Ultraman in a story - the main hero should be in silver and red. 

So with that in mind - this is what I came up with: 
4VeS54H.pngdDiEZor.png

You could add a lot to this costume and not break the above rules. But this is the basic look I came up with first. 

I look forward to seeing if anyone takes up this idea and adds to it! I do not have this character in-game. This is a design challenge. If you like what you see, feel free to use it for inspiration! 

Edited by Dynamo-Joe
  • Like 9
4 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

If you tell me how lol. I'm computer ignorant

@Jawbreaker The costume file is in a subfolder called "costumes" within the CoH folder wherever you installed the game.

Assuming you have Windows and you followed the instructions here then it will be in "C:/Games/CoH/costumes/"

If you don't know where you installed the game do a search (press the Windows key on your keyboard and type

".costume" without the quotes but including the period) and it should bring up all your costume files by name.

Find the file with the name "Battlezone.costume" then open a reply box in this thread and

drag and drop the .costume file to where it says "Drag files to here to attach" and post.

Edited by Christopher Robin
I added instructions. Cheers!
  • Like 4

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

Then you should click here before noon, April 16th!

Brand new colors and theme added!

40 minutes ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

I look forward to seeing if anyone takes up this idea and adds to it! I do not have this character in-game. This is a design challenge. If you like what you see, feel free to use it for inspiration! 

Costume I made waaaaaaay back when HC started up:

ultraman.thumb.png.9c066223bef99175cafd9ff2e573a25b.png

Ultraman Cosmos rip GO! If I made the character I'd go Kin Melee to ape Cosmos' Tai Chi-esque style and I'd throw in an alt costume with red Color Timer and Beastly Rage aura on the chest for the flashing.

• Like 2

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

The other recent request was related to Ultraman, at least by genre. See - there's this one Godzilla movie from the early 70s which obviously wanted an Ultraman of its own. There have even been rumours over the years that if the film had done better, they might've spun this character off into his own TV or movie series. 

The movie was Godzilla vs Megalon - and the character request was an interpretation of this guy: 

JET JAGUAR
tBUF1Jn.png

I loved this guy! This was my childhood. Saturday afternoons one of the local independent stations in the area would play at least one or two Godzilla films. And so I saw Megalon multiple times before I was 8 yrs old. 

Sadly he just doesn't hold up on his own merits nearly as well as Ultraman. But there's always been POTENTIAL there! And he's still a fan favorite - appearing in multiple Godzilla videogames and the like. 

But how to interpret him in COH? The rubber suit-mation look just doesn't look like a proper robot, really. And the Michilin Man inner tube legs and arms - no no no. That's GOT to GO. 

Ultimately I got a lot of inspiration from the following image - a truly mecha version of Jet Jaguar that still encompasses the high points of the character and leaves no doubt of who it is, even while being so different. 

um72eA9.png

So - here's my first attempt at a Jet Jaguar:

37qGrjM.pngmR5i6N5.png3bRgVPl.png

I might yet tweak this a bit, but for a first go, I think it's not too bad!
So what do you all think? Does that work? 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dreamboat said:

If I made the character I'd go Kin Melee to ape Cosmos' Tai Chi-esque style and I'd throw in an alt costume with red Color Timer and Beastly Rage aura on the chest for the flashing.

That's exactly the powerset I would go with for Ultraman! And the alt-costume slot idea is killer! 

For Jet Jaguar I thought Martial arts would be cool. But ultimately I went with Street Justice for the screen caps. And I think if I made him that's what I would go with. That massive T9 Uppercut is just the thing to send Megalon flying! :D

• Like 1

@Jawbreaker I was about to work it out, but ty! Your costume helped me overcome a block on a suitable costume for my Rad/Rad tanker, Armored-Core! 

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (my current roster of Incarnates) -----

Agent Wong (DP/Ninjutsu); Android Assassin (Beam/Devices); Atomic-Warhead (Rad Armor/Rad Melee)Hell-Spawned (Demons/Dark); Holosmith (Illusion/Traps); Mechanista (Robots/Force Field); Moon Caller (Dark Control/Savage); Shadow-Spider (Trick Arrow/Dark); Willow Thorn (Plant/Nature)

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds