Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Since Emerald Inferno has come up again, let's take a look at her alternate costumes.  And while we're at it, I also created an animated logo title for her Virtueverse wiki page.

MXvgnbv.gif

I updated this to a non-animated version recently for addition to my matching coffee mug & T-shirt that I had printed with commissioned artwork.

EaxOlip.png

Both of the above were created at Cool Text Graphics Generator.

Now, back to the costumes:

Emerald's original costume way back in Issue 1 was very lackluster.  I wanted her to be sporting a leather jacket over tights look, but the even-then robust costume creator lacked real jackets, and instead I had to use tights with pattern to achieve the look I wanted.  What I got was alright, but when jackets were introduced, I was quite pleased with that.  And then came trench coats, which is the semi-civilian look (at right) that I've settled on to this day.

rjpTqqu.jpeg0drwhIg.jpg4ymvrz6.jpg

For a powered up look, I went with shiny tights and the flames pattern on gloves and boots, along with flaming aura and green hair & skin to match the tights.  However, the Spectrum tights pieces do this look far more justice by letting more than just the aura appear to be glowing in the darkness and even, to an extend, full daylight (at the cost of having visible facial features like eyes and mouth).

danqSAM.jpg  aEDg7QL.jpeg

A hero with an Aztec-themed origin (sorta), I wanted to have an armored "warrior" look that she could shift into at times to look more intimidating / impressive.  I created the costume below when the Justice / Sinister costume pieces were added.  Wings were also unique to this costume because I rarely used it and never really liked the way they looked (because they weren't also on fire due to aura limitations).  I have not recreated this costume on Homecoming, although I did create a toga costume for my adventures in Cimerora.

pitmr1g.jpg  6gePYCQ.jpeg

When first created, Emerald was an Irish archaeology student who'd come to America looking for her father (following his trail to the Circle of Thorns).  Since then, I've had her graduated to archaeology professor (following in her Da's footsteps, also thank you Day Jobs badges).  As such, she needed some civilian attire.  First is suitable for teaching at the university.  Next is good for traditional digs and spelunking, and the third serves equally well as fun-in-the-sun beachwear or her own all-purpose "sexy tomb raider" style costume.

wPBKbCb.jpegsPDPsMv.jpegFC05DhQ.jpeg 

Finally, for lite roleplay and informal selfies, I created the costume below for the holiday season.  It's definitely not as Christmasy as some of my others, but she's not the festive type.

jyQ623p.jpg

Edited by Player2
  • Like 3

After we got weapon customization and Ouroboros, I combined the two to create a different kind of time traveler... one who uses temporal tech to trade places with her ancestors (and a few descendants) to not only justify various different swords but entirely new individuals with each costume change.  Although she has a sword of her own, they fight the battles she can't... or maybe battles they might be better suited for.

The Legacy Warrior

Broad Sword / Willpower Scrapper

wg06h6r.jpegMuEo9y7.jpeg7tToXva.jpeg

st2u8ZQ.jpegzxrRqlY.jpgHrOMJT4.jpg

7Hta8e0.jpegjA2Gyfz.jpegxKC5znH.jpg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Player2 said:

After we got weapon customization and Ouroboros, I combined the two to create a different kind of time traveler... one who uses temporal tech to trade places with her ancestors (and a few descendants) to not only justify various different swords but entirely new individuals with each costume change.  Although she has a sword of her own, they fight the battles she can't... or maybe battles they might be better suited for.

The Legacy Warrior

Broad Sword / Willpower Scrapper

Um. Obsessed with this. Didn’t think anyone could win this game but pretty sure you just did.

Excuse me while I, uh, HEAVILY “borrow” from this concept for another weapon set. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kaipto said:

Um. Obsessed with this. Didn’t think anyone could win this game but pretty sure you just did.

Excuse me while I, uh, HEAVILY “borrow” from this concept for another weapon set. 

Feel free to borrow heavily from me anytime.

...except from my wallet.  It's pretty light on influence.

• Haha 2

Another of my classic characters, this guy was created as an opposing force for Emerald Inferno.  The backstory is that she, an Irish archaeologist student stumbled upon an amulet that gave her the power of the avatar of an Aztec god (Tlaloc).  The presence of this divine energy woke something in the underworld, an Aztec demon-god that was cast out.  He escaped and possessed a mortal, slowly transforming him into his own avatar of death and destruction...

Itzcoliuhqui

Ice Control / Dark Assault Dominator

gtl43nV.jpeg

(also has not yet been recreated on Homecoming)

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Fire Chief said:

Here's my radioactive guy Exo Man... 

Exoman1.JPG

exoman2.JPG

Now this is my style of crazy! 😍

The atom symbol and his look just makes me think of nuclear blasts and exploding stars... good times. 🥰

Radioactive powers FTW!!!

btw. I posted here one of my costumes that would look great as an alternative for this guy.

Doctor Trinity.costume

Edited by Nuclear_Fusion_Kid
  • Thanks 1

Just rolled this guy up: Canadian North, a Shield/Energy Melee Tanker (yeah, no cold or ice powers; gotta steer away from the stereotype once in a while eh?)

I'm quite pleased with how the Alpha chest pattern flows into the Clockwork chest detail.

image.thumb.png.21836bb9e018a5b42bd01050c8731618.png

image.png.2445f076f71a993e944385aa96f43704.png

Edited by Cutter
speeling is hrad
  • Like 10

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

A couple of days ago, Pantone chose Ultimate Gray and Illuminating as the colors of 2021. A blurb about the colors:

"Illuminating is a bright and cheerful yellow sparkling with vivacity, a warming yellow shade imbued with solar power.

Ultimate Gray is emblematic of solid and dependable elements which are everlasting and provide a firm foundation."

I wanted to create a toon that featured these two colors and embody the two color personalities. Thus, I unveil to you Sun Seraph, a Technology Defender Storm Summoning/Radiation Blast heroine.

jfC8Hv7.jpg

RIX9r8F.jpg

• Like 19

I finally broke down and created my second main from live my first lvl 50 villian back then but I had to use the cap I for the L on Ex but I digress anywho here is Kobolt (Sweden born grew up in PI) and just for old time sake art for the original that was on live...

Kobolt1.JPG

Kobolt2.JPG

Kobolt%20king.jpg

Edited by Fire Chief
description
  • Like 6

Bill3.jpg.f1ff7a242b7765691cf45caa5d829f5a.jpg

My DA page

—“too soon old, and too late smart.”  

Warfarer:
Grav/Traps time traveling, arms dealing rogue Troller. Going the TP pool for Fold Space and flavour.
He was once a Beam/Traps Corr, but boy is traps slow for a team, and beam takes a while to spread its disintegration, and I was having trouble convincing mobs to walk into my trip mines without a great deal of running around corners.

1727736955_ScreenShot2020-12-16at3_07_53PM.thumb.png.27cf3ad1600d950a466a72abc02c687b.png

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jono265 said:

and I was having trouble convincing mobs to walk into my trip mines without a great deal of running around corners.

I have a level 50 gravity / traps controller, and yes, I spent a lot of time running around corners to lure mobs into my traps.

• Haha 1

Suicidal

Time Manipulation / Psychic Blast Defender... barely

TRwin8C.jpg

I say she's barely a time/psychic defender because at Level 32, these are her available primary & secondary powers:

Dvz4IJa.png

She's a pool girl.  A very gothy pool girl.

oLV3hvC.png

Edited by Player2
  • Like 5