Bloody Rainbow Comic Con Fire Farm Update

brigg

14 hours ago, brigg said:

Recreating the Freedom Phalanx or any other NCSoft character is still violating CoC if I read it correctly. A ready-made character model is available to be used inside of AE, but it wouldn't work for the Comic Con missions. What made it so popular, besides the cosplayers, was the focus on a certain build - for example, fire resistance. I used a select set of powers specifically designed to do base fire, and only fire damage. No hidden damage. Signature Character models still use their own abilities. It would be catastrophic.

Don't use the actual Freedom Phalanx (and Arachnos) NPCs, approximate their costumes using only player-usable parts.  That would emphasize the "homemade" feel of the costumes (since they are, after all, just cosplayers), and allow you to put whatever powersets you want on them.  You could have people cosplaying as the lower-end heroes and villains (the ones that show up in Tip, Mayhem, and Safeguard missions, like Shock Treatment or Sky Dragon) for Minions and Lieutenants, and the faux-Signature heroes and villains (Freedom Phalanx and Arachnos) as Bosses.

The CoC only says you can't play as Signature characters; you can still use them in AE missions and refer to them in your backstory.  You can certainly use people dressed up (badly) as them and named "Bob" or "Susie" in your AE missions.

8 hours ago, Williwaw said:

The CoC only says you can't play as Signature characters; you can still use them in AE missions and refer to them in your backstory.  You can certainly use people dressed up (badly) as them and named "Bob" or "Susie" in your AE missions.

That's actually a perfect way to put it. Well said. You can't play as a Signature Character, but you can use it in AE.

The original Bloody Rainbow farm was just that - random people with names like Barry, Joe, Austin, Grant cosplaying as familiar superheroes. Some of them even had Bios. Their life, why they were there, and what caused them to join the riot. I now wonder if I should have made them really bad versions as a joke. 

As an update. I've got a few new submissions to add, but for the most part, they're all uploaded to the fire farms. I'll be working on adding the rest for the S&L farms. And I will continue to add costumes as they come in. However, the AE files have a limit, and it's about maxed out. I have an idea how I might be able to shrink the file back down. A little bit of condensing and sorting may be in order. 

• Like 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

Tonight I made a baby stalker (I hate stalkers) to see if I like the differences since oh...12 years ago.  A nice farmer got me to 21 in Bloody Rainbow and I saw my farmer I sent you!  Very cool.  I can't wait to go in there myself and fight myself.  I hate you had to change it but I think you did it in a very clever and community spirited way!  Thanks!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Tonight I made a baby stalker (I hate stalkers) to see if I like the differences since oh...12 years ago.  A nice farmer got me to 21 in Bloody Rainbow and I saw my farmer I sent you!  Very cool.  I can't wait to go in there myself and fight myself.  I hate you had to change it but I think you did it in a very clever and community spirited way!  Thanks!

I've spotted my character (Magic Librarian) twice so far, and both times it was the *biggest* thrill.  

I loved the original, and I'm sorry so much work had to be put in to revise it, but at the same time, the new version is just...*chef's kiss*.

Thanks for everything you do, @brigg!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, autographedcat said:

I've spotted my character (Magic Librarian) twice so far, and both times it was the *biggest* thrill.  

I loved the original, and I'm sorry so much work had to be put in to revise it, but at the same time, the new version is just...*chef's kiss*.

Thanks for everything you do, @brigg!

I saw you, too.  I noticed because a few weeks ago you helped me out in chat with some bind issues. 

Ive also seen a few names I recognize from the forums and I may or may not take great joy in defeating them.  😁

• Like 3

Thanks for adding me to the fire farm!  Been getting a lot of tells from EL farmers who got a chance to beat up their raid leader!

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

@EmmySky @autographedcat @Veracor @Andrewvm

We're all a bunch of masochists LOL

• Like 3

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

On 10/4/2019 at 1:27 PM, kallistiuk said:

I sent you the costume file for Kallisti Gold on Discord, not sure if you got it...

I killed Kallisti Gold several times this weekend. So it was uploaded.

Brigg; I know you've lamented only having so many available slots for costumes, and some people have stated that it's odd killing themselves (or other heroes they recognize). how about a farm that segregates Heroes and Villains (A hero version and villain version of each). That way you wouldn't have to have 200+ characters to load into a farm. And heroes wouldn't have to fight other heroes; heroes could do the Villain one and vice versa. Just spit-balling.  

• Like 2

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

On 10/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, Trademarked Name said:

I killed Kallisti Gold several times this weekend. So it was uploaded.

Brigg; I know you've lamented only having so many available slots for costumes, and some people have stated that it's odd killing themselves (or other heroes they recognize). how about a farm that segregates Heroes and Villains (A hero version and villain version of each). That way you wouldn't have to have 200+ characters to load into a farm. And heroes wouldn't have to fight other heroes; heroes could do the Villain one and vice versa. Just spit-balling.  

Just throwing in my 2 INF, but I'd *hate* that.  Seeing other heroes I know is a great deal of the fun.

Remember, you're not fighting the heroes.  You're fighting people *cosplaying* the heroes. 🙂

Edited by autographedcat

I'm not saying get rid of the hero costumes. I'm saying make 2 versions of each farm. A hero version and villain version. You can still kill hero cosplayers if you choose that version. That way you wouldn't have to load 250 costume options into a single AE mish.

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

13 minutes ago, autographedcat said:

Just throwing in my 2 INF, but I'd *hate* that.  Seeing other heroes I know is a great deal of the fun.

Remember, you're not fighting the heroes.  You're fighting people *cosplaying* the heroes. 🙂

I concur.  I get a kick out of defeating myself and Magic Librarian and Kallisti Gold and H2rO/Glamoure (and all the others)!  

The only issue I have had is when my self-enemy was in my camera view in the 'i am playing 3rd person' position and was almost dead I was healing for all I was worth until I realized her name was purple.  I laughed at myself for so long over that!  

And as I said before...some names I only recognize from the forums and I really enjoy running spines through them....yet have no idea if they are heroes or villains or even what server they are from.  Its fun this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Trademarked Name said:

I'm not saying get rid of the hero costumes. I'm saying make 2 versions of each farm. A hero version and villain version. You can still kill hero cosplayers if you choose that version. That way you wouldn't have to load 250 costume options into a single AE mish.

*shrug* I get that.  I just think that sounds like a lot of work for very little benefit.

Especially given the current Blue/Red distribution, you'd end up with 245 costumes in one, and 5 lonely villains in the other. 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 12:57 PM, Trademarked Name said:

Unfortunately, I'd have to create an entirely different group to do this. It would be a lot of extra work, but that's not what's stopping me. Creating another group, even one with only 5 critters, would put the file over the limit. It's already at 97% full. 

Also. For any submissions I've gotten over the last few days, I will be adding those soon. So if you haven't seen your character that you've submitted recently, you will soon!

• Like 2

I just did the Comic Con SL outdoor mission for the first time since the changes. Wow! I loved these missions before, but they are so much better (imo) with player created costumes!

So impressed.  Seeing all these awesome costume creations has breathed new life into these missions. I prefer these over the old cosplay ones. And have no issue with homage costumes at all, but I am loving this change!

Thanks for doing it this way, Brigg. Truly fantastic!

• Like 4

On 10/10/2019 at 4:26 PM, dmaker said:

I just did the Comic Con SL outdoor mission for the first time since the changes. Wow! I loved these missions before, but they are so much better (imo) with player created costumes!

So impressed.  Seeing all these awesome costume creations has breathed new life into these missions. I prefer these over the old cosplay ones. And have no issue with homage costumes at all, but I am loving this change!

Thanks for doing it this way, Brigg. Truly fantastic!

Thanks @dmaker! It's been a pleasure 🙂

Agreed, the new Comic Cons are even better than the originals, which were phenomenal in their own right.  I love running into (and completely obliterating) characters I recognize, and I still laugh every time I see Small Business Man, because I am wired that way.  The best, though, was when I saw MY toon randomly appear in a mob.  Now I make it a habit to stun him first if I see him, because I am also wired that way.  

All in all, thank you Brigg for making these legendary maps even moreso; a lot of others might have just packed it in, but you found a way to take lemons and make rocket scientists. 

Salud!

• Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

13 hours ago, EmmySky said:

I keep getting random tells when I am on TankYou that I had been spotted in there.  Most recently by someone who is also in there!  Lots of fun but I find I am also making friends.

I was hoping that would happen! My wife would often get stopped ingame and asked if she knows me just for having my SG Vault name under her name. Now people can actually do Missions, Trials, and/or Taskforces with people they've spotted! 😄

I also added a list of all the characters I've added to the top post! I've officially reached 100% capacity, however I have more costumes than critter slots. I've removed some of the multiple submissions from the Fire Farms to make room for the last influx of costumes, but the Smashing & Lethal farms still have those multiple submissions.