Patch Notes for October 1st, 2019

4 hours ago, Torcel said:

For what it's worth, though, when I tried opening the 64-bit client after this update, AVG pitched a fit.  Its CyberCapture feature decided cityofheroes.exe was probably a virus and tried very, very hard to stop me from running it.  Once I did get it to launch, AVG didn't alert me again on other versions of the client.

I had a related problem...  Norton was upset that the 64bit client was trying to connect to the internet and tried to block it.  (Which it had not previously done.)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

55 minutes ago, Soulkreaver said:

So after thoroughly reading through everything I didnt read anything about an xp nerf yet I'm noticing a huuuge decrease in xp?

I know I read something about XP rates and server population in the past couple of days.
Of course, it's entirely possible I was reading a months-old post without noticing.  I just spent some time searching and couldn't finding anything recent.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Soulkreaver said:

So after thoroughly reading through everything I didnt read anything about an xp nerf yet I'm noticing a huuuge decrease in xp?

Or maybe your XP booster expired?

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

There's been no changes to XP. Where specifically are you noticing a change?

Let me get on the editor and make sure I did everything correct on my end to double check. But I've noticed on pretty much any fire farm in AE it seems like I'm getting less

• City Council
14 minutes ago, Stormshout said:

Just logging in right now and noticed another patch downloaded since yesterdays. Any notes on that?

It was just a reversion of the font rendering library upgrade that had not undergone any QA testing and shouldn't have been part of the original patch. Otherwise identical.

11 hours ago, Abraxus said:

Got on a ToT League, and while on it for a couple of hours, I repeatedly crashed to the desktop.  4 times within that time to be exact.  Below is one of the entries from the Application log in Windows 10.  Seemed to be this, or variations on this surrounding every crash.  This is the first time(s) since the game returned that I have had any issues what so ever.

image.png.08a8e69794f7717eb1a70485c3ccc696.png

That's a null pointer inside the phsyx engine.  Not good.

15 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Agreed.  Never happened until last night.

This may be a stupid suggestion, but did you try setting down your graphics settings?  I can't tell from the addresses what was causing the problem, so that might be more trouble than it's worth.  Just curious.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:48 AM, Abraxus said:

I got a couple of lower level characters that are gonna be a perfect fit for the new Power Pool option!

I can see this being very popular with the Jedi / Sith types.  xD   FORCE of will.  I see what ya did there.  This is a Jedi power pool in disguise.  lol 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ZephyrWind said:

This may be a stupid suggestion, but did you try setting down your graphics settings?  I can't tell from the addresses what was causing the problem, so that might be more trouble than it's worth.  Just curious.

I do typically run with everything set to "11", but that's never been an issue before last night.  Not on Task Force runs, not on Mothership Runs, or anything else where there were large numbers of players, and effects going off all around me.  I have encountered a slow-down in those situations (though the 64-bit client has improved that considerably), but never a crash to the desktop.  Interestingly enough, I remember something similar happening the last time I played the ToT even on the LIVE server, way back when.  That was a different computer, so the hardware, and the OS has changed since then.  But, the symptoms of sounds beginning to repeat, and the slideshow effect on visuals increasing just before a crash is very similar to what used to happen back then.

What was no more, is REBORN!

47 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

I do typically run with everything set to "11", but that's never been an issue before last night.  Not on Task Force runs, not on Mothership Runs, or anything else where there were large numbers of players, and effects going off all around me.  I have encountered a slow-down in those situations (though the 64-bit client has improved that considerably), but never a crash to the desktop.  Interestingly enough, I remember something similar happening the last time I played the ToT even on the LIVE server, way back when.  That was a different computer, so the hardware, and the OS has changed since then.  But, the symptoms of sounds beginning to repeat, and the slideshow effect on visuals increasing just before a crash is very similar to what used to happen back then.

I remember that from live as well.  Have not been ToT'ing yet in HC, but will try it out and see if I can duplicate your experience.  I am actually using the same machine I was playing on when CoH sunsetted, so I might see the same results.  We'll see, I'll give it a try and post my results if any.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:59 AM, The Curator said:

Many fixes to UI scaling for scrollbars, listviews, and compass elements.

I appreciate all the everything!  Especially this.  I can finally read stuff from contacts, etc. without squinting like crazy.

The only thing left that I would seriously love to see is a way to scale the extra power trays like we can the first three.  I like to have extra trays up for all my stuffs, but with my eyesight these days (ugh), they are immense compared to the trays we can resize (I have mine pretty small since I don't have to read them).  Extra trays don't need to be huge because that text is comfortably readable when you hover over it. 

There doesn't seem to be a way to /windowscale resize them, even individually.  I'd be happy to do it for each extra tray if I had to. 

Anyway, just a wish list. I'm so incredibly grateful that we have our City back that I almost feel awful asking for more! 

Edited by Tahliah
fixed error: "powerscale"?! Geesh.

5 hours ago, Wufftype said:

Is there any way of getting rid of the power tray that launches when you activate Mighty Leap? I bound Takeoff to another button, but it's kinda distracting having it popup. Null the Gull can't do like he can with Kheldians.

I haven't tried this power set yet, but if it creates an extra tray on top of Tray 3 like the meteor scanner in Bloody Bay or the extra power in First Ward or Night Ward (I can't remember), can we get a way to disable all these automatic new trays please?  For me, it causes the Insp window to overwrite other UI elements I have positioned just above.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

I haven't tried this power set yet, but if it creates an extra tray on top of Tray 3 like the meteor scanner in Bloody Bay or the extra power in First Ward or Night Ward (I can't remember), can we get a way to disable all these automatic new trays please?  For me, it causes the Insp window to overwrite other UI elements I have positioned just above.

Same with mystic flight and the power drops during SBB, trials, &etc.  It's annoying that a whole tray pops up, though I suspect it's because people may have full trays and not see/have easy access to the "new" whatever (tp, acid, invis, crowd cheer, etc.).  It would be nice if there were a way to do it without messing up our UI (I keep stuff like insp just above my trays, too, though I guess I could move them up to make room . . . which would be so much easier if extra trays were resizable. <that sound you hear is the last of my deceased equine thwapping> :P).

6 hours ago, Tahliah said:

I appreciate all the everything!  Especially this.  I can finally read stuff from contacts, etc. without squinting like crazy.

Getting old is hell....I have to play with my reading glasses on.

• Haha 1

I still have random settings resetting themselves to default, from mouse inversion, to camera shake, profanity filter, chat bubbles. And more. I'm not complaining about the updates, just that I ... hope your fix is coming soon. I love spooky time. This is more MY holiday than my birthday. Blessed month-long Samhain.

Edited by Blue Jay
  • Like 1

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

11 hours ago, ZephyrWind said:

I remember that from live as well.  Have not been ToT'ing yet in HC, but will try it out and see if I can duplicate your experience.  I am actually using the same machine I was playing on when CoH sunsetted, so I might see the same results.  We'll see, I'll give it a try and post my results if any.

Just ToT'd for about an hour with an SG mate from live who also remembers the "looping sound crash" when going door to door.  Neither of us crashed, we also jumped around getting Eochi and Jack and did the banner event, no problems.  Also, I know I said this was the same machine as I used on live, but really it's just the same motherboard.  I've replaced almost everything else, especially the graphics card, twice.

Sorry - I guess I won't be much help diagnosing this after all.

• Like 1