Homecoming Server Update (October 1st): i26 Page 3 & Halloween Event Now Live, Halloween Costume Contests & More!

Jimmy

• City Council

Hey all!

Got a bunch of things to run through today, so let’s get started!

Pages & Issues
As mentioned in our update last week, we’re going to be releasing content in smaller chunks (Pages) which are bound together into larger collections / storylines (Issues).

• Page 1 focused on clean-up and quality of life updates, along with adding a ton of new items to the base editor.
  • Page 2 reworked Snipes & Dominator Assault sets and also introduced the 64 bit client & UI-scaling to future-proof the game.
  • Page 3 is out first major content update, releasing today.

Issue 26, Page 3 Now Live!
Today's patch brings our first content update with it. Included are two brand new story arcs with branching narratives, the Force of Will power pool, and a bunch of new exploration badges.

Check out the full patch notes here!

Halloween Event
The Halloween Event is now live!

• Trick-or-treating has been enabled in all city zones (note: you need to be in a zone that matches your level in order to trick-or-treat).
  • Dr. Kane’s Mansion is available in the Holiday tab of the LFG window.
  • Eternal night has fallen and the Deadly Apocalypse is upon us!
  • The Halloween vendors (Malkiel in Atlas Park, Annah in Croatoa, Granny Beldam in Nerva Archipelago, Acantha in Imperial City) have stocked up with goodies to trade for your salvage.

Halloween Contests
The wonderful @CR Miss will be posting details on our Halloween Contests soon. We will be hosting not one, but two different Halloween-themed contests this October.

Prizes will include reward merits, titles, and permanent costume powers!

EGX 2019 Meet-Up - 4pm October 19th, London
@CR EV is hosting a meet-up at EGX in a few weeks time. Check out this post for all the details.

Bloody Rainbow Comic-Con Costumes
Brigg, the individual responsible for the deaths of millions of virtual Comic Con attendees, is reworking his Architect Entertainment arcs to feature you, the players!

If you wish to partake and be immortalised (and killed repeatedly) forever, head on over to this thread for more information.

That’s all for today!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy featured this topic
5 hours ago, Jimmy said:
  • Trick-or-treating has been enabled in all city zones (note: you need to be in a zone that matches your level in order to trick-or-treat).

A question on this:  how does it work for groups in which someone is sidekicked/exemplared?  I assume that it would work according to the group level and everyone would get the goodies, but I just want to make sure that anyone in a mismatched group will still get the benefit.

Edited by Blackbird71

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Halloween Contests

The wonderful @CR Miss will be posting details on our Halloween Contests soon. We will be hosting not one, but two different Halloween-themed contests this October.

Prizes will include reward merits, titles, and permanent costume powers!

spacer.png

Why are you doing this?

Out of the thousands of people that play this game only a very, very, very small minority of us want the permanent costume powers to actually use, rather than just lord over others as something exclusive.

Just give us the costumes. If you want to make them inordinately expensive or difficult to obtain while the contests provide a chance at an accelerated acquisition, fine. But there's no reason for this insurmountable limitation.

Edit: For clarification, I'm specifically talking about these, all of which were for sale at one point in time on the market.

Carnival

Coralax

Freakshow

IDF

Knives

Malta

PPD

Android

Rikti

If they wanted to keep other costume transformation powers exclusive, like DE, Hordlings/Hellfrost, Red Coralax (which was the one I had), I'd at least accept it. The above were available to everyone that had the PP to grab them during their sale window.

Edited by Demon Shell
Clarificaiton
  • Like 2

• City Council
3 minutes ago, Beul said:

Expensive what way? In game influence?

Yes, when we state that something will be expensive we mean in terms of time and/or influence.

• Like 2

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Can it be expensive in terms of checking a character's total /earned/ Inf to determine a variable price?  I mean, if it's true that these Inf costs are where they are as "sinks," then shouldn't the prices sink more from those who are contributing most to the reason sinks are being implemented?

• Like 1

Allright!!! Was wondering when holiday events start and its starting with my favourite holiday.... HALLOWEEN!!!

EMERALD STAR PUB DISCORD: 

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEN!

/em giddy

And just days after my second fifty, so thematically fitting for this holiday [see my sig], hit 50! 

I also wanted to chime in and say that I love the green windows, I noticed them while flying back and forth over PI from the motel to monkey island to bash Eochai [side question for no one in particular: how do you pronounce that name?].    In between that and the decorations around Atlas, you guys are really knocking this out of the park for me.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:42 AM, Jimmy said:

The Halloween vendors (Malkiel in Atlas Park, Annah in Croatoa, Granny Beldam in Nerva Archipelago, Acantha in Imperial City) have stocked up with goodies to trade for your salvage.

I haven't had a chance to check yet, is this just the extra costume slot and the temp costumes, or is there more?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEN!

/em giddy

And just days after my second fifty, so thematically fitting for this holiday [see my sig], hit 50! 

I also wanted to chime in and say that I love the green windows, I noticed them while flying back and forth over PI from the motel to monkey island to bash Eochai [side question for no one in particular: how do you pronounce that name?].    In between that and the decorations around Atlas, you guys are really knocking this out of the park for me.

I haven't had a chance to check yet, is this just the extra costume slot and the temp costumes, or is there more?

zombies, trick or treat, banners, small update for eternal night....

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

27 minutes ago, duane said:

zombies, trick or treat, banners, small update for eternal night....

No no, I meant "is there more stuff we can trade the salvage for"?

And hey, what was the "small change" to Eternal Night?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

....I noticed them while flying back and forth over PI from the motel to monkey island to bash Eochai [side question for no one in particular: how do you pronounce that name?]....

In an irish dialect it's pronounced phonetically like "ul-chə" <-I hope that comes across as a schwa. Two syllables, the first with a soft ul sound as in "ulster". And the second half a harsh ch, like you're clearing your throat (as in the first part of chutzpah) joined with a schwa. Not sure there is a comparable sounding word in English.

If someone says "gesundheit" when you say Eochai, then you're saying it correctly.

While we're on about it: Tuatha De Danann is pronounced: two-ah day-don'n and firbolg is fair-bol'lig.

Edited by Trademarked Name
added more
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

Just now, Trademarked Name said:

In Irish dialect it's pronounced phonetically like "ul-chə" <-I hope that comes across as a schwa. Two syllables, the first with a soft ul sound as in "ulster". And the second half a harsh ch sound conjoined with a schwa, like you're clearing a throat. Not sure there is a comparable sounding word in English.

I think I understand now, cool, thanks!

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

There is a vanity pet, a spider, for 10 of each costume salvage.

And... um...  there was something for 50 of each that I didn't care about so didn't pay much attention to it.  Maybe a respec?  Someone help me out.

Edit:  Never mind.  Yes, it's a respec for 50 of each.  I was logging in anyway so I went and checked.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:52 AM, GM Sijin said:

Uh, defeated you mean? 😉

arrested you mean? 😛

Edited by brigg

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$