More than just a Ninja - A Guide to Stalkers

Croax

Maybe just list Healing as low or even list it as Healing/Regen so it could be bumped up a bit more.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 4 months later
On 4/18/2022 at 2:52 AM, Croax said:

The Cooldown of both skills are so long, that you can nor rely on them. they are more like a emergency heal. Ice and Invul are more known for their defenses and resists than healing. that is more or less what i was trying to explain.

I have hoarfrost on my scrapper and I've found that I'm more survivable leaving it on autofire. It's a top off every once and awhile combined with HP cap which also increases regen. Depending on how you think about high regen rates it could be a minor form of healing.

• 5 months later

I didn't want to make a whole new thread for one question, so this seemed like the best place to ask.  It looks like now Placate takes Taunt sets (or Threat Duration sets, to be technical).  If I throw a Perfect Zinger Proc in Placate, how would that work?  Would the target take the damage and then get Placated, or would it be a waste?

And I know Placate has fallen out of favor, but it's still a nice power that doesn't need more slots in my build.

• 2 months later
On 3/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, BraveDecoy said:

Would the target take the damage and then get Placated, or would it be a waste?

I haven't tried it but I would guess the Placate effect happens first, then the proc breaks it immediately.  I don't know if it matter whether the proc fires or not, it may still count as an attack which would break Placate.   But the stealth and Hidden status from Placate are unrelated to this so you might still get a crit hit off after Placate if nothing manages to hit you in the meantime.

On 3/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, BraveDecoy said:

And I know Placate has fallen out of favor, but it's still a nice power that doesn't need more slots in my build.

Placate has had some changes.  It is now a 1 sec cast time and a 15ft AoE that hits 5 targets.  That changes the old calculus.  Most heavy attacks take more than 1 second to animate, so if you use Placate followed by your best DPA single-target attack, this is like hitting twice for (usually) less than twice the animation time.  You want to make sure not to waste it if you've just gotten the Hide proc from Stalker's Guile, but that's maybe the only caveat.   Placate is also now a much better control power for soloing due to being AoE (or for teaming if you don't mind dumping aggro on teammates 🤪).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1