Captain Powerhouse

Focused Feedback: Tank Updates for October 1st, 2019

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

Well, for what it's worth, according to the power percentages that Cipher posted, Stun is only taken by about 1/5th of Energy Melee characters. It's an obvious weak spot in the set, ripe for being the focus of a buff, and it seems like the vast majority of players wouldn't miss it if it were replaced by an AoE attack of some sort. The set could definitely use more AoE, on every AT, not just Stalkers. Food for thought.

Energy torrent comes to mind.  Or some variation.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:58 AM, Captain Powerhouse said:

Some Melee Powersets will be looked at later after this is out of the way. 

The rage crash avoidance will actually be rolled back on next patch, the set will be looked at in more detail later, but not until another project is done: go through every single entity in the game and re-balance enemy damage resistances. 

Out of curiosity how much effort would be involved to put out a version of SS that has Rage as a 60/s duration, 240 base recharge, all crash removed, same buffs, and normalize Jab’s base damage to match the t1 majority. That’s it, just for us to test it. Let us mine out some data points so you guys can see what it’d look like and see what areas may need potential adjustment if SS takes that kind of direction.

It is the experimental server after all, and I strongly believe this needs to be tried as an approach to find the correctional path for SS. It’ll also allow a lot of players to see what SS would look like in this form being one of the most requested alterations (relatively lumped). I don’t think this is the ultimate fix, but we need the data to see what else needs bumped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:42 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

Out of curiosity how much effort would be involved to put out a version of SS that has Rage as a 60/s duration, 240 base recharge, all crash removed, same buffs, and normalize Jab’s base damage to match the t1 majority. That’s it, just for us to test it. Let us mine out some data points so you guys can see what it’d look like and see what areas may need potential adjustment if SS takes that kind of direction.

It is the experimental server after all, and I strongly believe this needs to be tried as an approach to find the correctional path for SS. It’ll also allow a lot of players to see what SS would look like in this form being one of the most requested alterations (relatively lumped). I don’t think this is the ultimate fix, but we need the data to see what else needs bumped.

Seems like a good idea to me also.

But a cone attack in SS would be nice also. Either Hurl cone or Handclap as a cone/stun attack. But that would be another patch probably.

• Like 1