Excelsior Badge Leaderboard (no longer maintained)

Sister Corruption

I need some help. I'm missing something, but not sure what. 

I know for sure I'm missing the 6 anniversary badges from May. No way was I going to fork over reward merits for a badge back then. Merits are money! So, I've got to wait. No worries. 

I know I'm missing 7 pvp badges. Still need to take out the 6 heroes - a badge each, plus one for getting all 6. 

Need 2 more recipe rejection - those will come soon enough. Well, maybe not soon enough, but they'll happen. 

Need 2 more damage taken badges. Again, eventually. 

For Keyes, I have the hard one, lol. Just need the bunker buster and loves a challenge to get the MO - so 3 more I'm missing. 

1 for the 50 task forces. I knew I should have done the COT ad nauseum. But I'll trim that down soon enough. Certainly not during these shard tfs. 

1 for reaching 1500. 

1 for bug hunter...well, I don't foresee that one happening unless I'm exceptionally fortunate. 

The ones I know about - 23. That would put me at 1504. Clearly our leader Sister Corruption has found 13 badges that aren't on the spreadsheet that I got from these forums. 

Is there a definitive master list to use? 

Well, for one, there were 15 anniversary badges, not 6.

S.C. managed to get The Lady Winter and Winter Lord badges when the devs made a bunch of GMs/AVs spawn to test server stability. The rest of us have to wait for the winter event!

You can get two of the valentines event badges by re-running a level 50 villain arc which will allow you deliver (or Mis-deliver!) a valentine afterwards.

Bug Hunter doesn't actually count towards your badge total. Only you can see it, if you get it.

I've been using a copy of https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nCvYqENjH6YJgvCxA7xDYbV3iSWyzKoGfEEAhWfZWS4/edit?usp=sharing  , but KeyboardKitsune's been working ona n even better badge tracker, so maybe check with them once they're done with that to double-check anything you've missed?

Edited by EmperorSteele

Thank you!
That explains a good bit. I did see Kitsune had worked on the web app, and it's odd. The Web app shows my total as what I have in game - but there's one badge I have in game that doesn't show in the web app. 

I did see that the spreadsheet is the same one I've been using, but maybe mine was an earlier version. It had, and I've done Master of Kahn Task Force, but it did not have Master of Kahn Strike Force, or what I would have called Mo'Cuda. 

It also showed an exploration in Cim I wasn't aware of. 

As for the Valentine badges...February isn't really that far away. I've got another 50M + damage to absorb, so other than brief moments while the server's reset, or the right folks doing the things I'd like to do, I'll just let him sit. Probably won't take but another 25 days. Glad I have a second account so I can actually play. 

15 anniversary badges...those are going to cost ...100 reward merits each? Ouch! I can afford it, but I'd prefer they just give those out instead of such a wicked donation from me into the wind. I got 6 from the way the spreadsheet made it look...probably I misread it. The web app is more clear. 

Thanks again!

is there any way to tell which badges were earned honestly, through normal play and which badges were farmed up just to get the badge?  I'd like to see separate lists.  Obviously some badges like explores you'd never come across in the normal run of play but things like healing badges, damage badges, kill x baddie type etc.  earning those by playing the crap out of your toon is way more honorable than farming it up just so you can have a +1 in your badge column.

Edited by Inflated Donkey
more example
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Inflated Donkey said:

is there any way to tell which badges were earned honestly, through normal play and which badges were farmed up just to get the badge?  I'd like to see separate lists.  Obviously some badges like explores you'd never come across in the normal run of play but things like healing badges, damage badges etc.  earning those by playing the crap out of your toon is way more honorable than farming it up just so you can have a +1 in your badge column.

In addition to this I'd like to see a hardcore badge list that stop counting badges earned after the first character death.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inflated Donkey said:

is there any way to tell which badges were earned honestly, through normal play and which badges were farmed up just to get the badge?  I'd like to see separate lists.  Obviously some badges like explores you'd never come across in the normal run of play but things like healing badges, damage badges, kill x baddie type etc.  earning those by playing the crap out of your toon is way more honorable than farming it up just so you can have a +1 in your badge column.

The trouble here is: who gets to define "honestly"? Different people are going to have different standards. If I spam my healing Judgement while sitting in the bowl during a Mothership Raid is that honest? Is using VidotMaps to locate the explore badges honest? Some people would say both are fine, some would say both are cheating, and some folks would be fine with one but not the other. At then end of the day, no one else is going to know how much or how little effort you put into getting a particular badge.  It's up to you to decide how "honest" you want to be in your badge collecting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inflated Donkey said:

I feel a little hurt that you posted that right after my post. I've been playing since May. 

If we are deciding on whom to judge worthy, I would like to ban people who call their heroes or villains "toons". 😛

I would like to meet the squishie who earned all of the damage taken badges "honestly". 

On 12/9/2019 at 10:51 AM, Inflated Donkey said:

No, there is no way to tell. 

You can, and should assume that anyone with a badge count over 500 has actively pursued badges, and not just randomly played their character doing things they found fun. Take comfort knowing that these people with higher badge counts know the game well, and almost to a fault, play their characters better than most because of their understanding of the game's content and game mechanics. 

Badge enthusiasts lead more trials and tfs than any other segment of the game's population, I'm fairly sure. Embrace the badgers!