I really don't understand this fuss over enterbasefrompasscode

Kigo

1 hour ago, Sister Corruption said:

/ah doesn't work in PvP zones or instanced maps. Not sure why /enterbasefrompasscode couldn't be given the same flag.

Oddly enough, it was my thread that pointed this out when I asked that it be disabled in PvP zones. Leandro came into that thread and said it's a GM command that no one is supposed to have access to, and that it was going to be removed because it is not a command players are supposed to have access to, and everyone lost their minds and blamed PvPers for taking away their toy.

Of course, everyone also conveniently overlooks that this entire conversation is going to lead to some significant buffs for the click-to-location powers like the existing SG teleport power. But sure, blame the PvPers.

EDIT: This wasn't directed at the person I quoted, just more of a general observation.

Edited by macskull
  • Thanks 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Eh. If they fix the base access vet/p2w power so that it's actually USEFUL? I'm fine with it.

I *like* the macro option and have found it really nice to have... And I wish the PvPers and Master Of- badge-runners who were abusing it as an exploit could have just man/woman/othered-up and stopped being exploitative with it, which might have allowed us to keep some version of it active. But I'm realistic enough to know that the odds of their doing that is somewhere between 'slim' and 'none', so here we are.  XP

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 hours ago, macskull said:

Of course, everyone also conveniently overlooks that this entire conversation is going to lead to some significant buffs for the click-to-location powers like the existing SG teleport power. But sure, blame the PvPers.

EDIT: This wasn't directed at the person I quoted, just more of a general observation.

It's OK. I am willing to blame PvPers for just about anything. I stubbed my toe when I got up this morning and blamed PvPers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sister Corruption said:

I stubbed my toe when I got up this morning and blamed PvPers.

Then you found out the Pvpers had been dead for 4 years.

Who the hell did you hit?

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?

On 10/5/2019 at 11:32 PM, Lost Ninja said:

It doesn't, it has lower mass than the surrounding air. A kilo of lead would sink in air, while a kilo of helium would still rise as the helium is lighter than air even in large amounts.

The physics I took in high school and college makes me point out that a kilogram of helium will rise only so long as it is at a pressure that makes it less dense than the air surrounding it; the reference to a helium balloon establishes that for common usage, while 'a kilo of helium' does not. Two identical containers, one with a kilo of lead, the other with a kilo of helium, will fall at the same rate in a vacuum, after all.

51 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

The physics I took in high school and college makes me point out that a kilogram of helium will rise only so long as it is at a pressure that makes it less dense than the air surrounding it; the reference to a helium balloon establishes that for common usage, while 'a kilo of helium' does not. Two identical containers, one with a kilo of lead, the other with a kilo of helium, will fall at the same rate in a vacuum, after all.

Yeah I should probably have made that clearer.