Arachnos Soldiers Costume Mix'n'Match

Just what it says.  Can Arachnos solider toons be allowed to have more than one Arachnos cost8ume slot and to mix and match pieces from those uniforms and the other costume piece lists?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

No.

It's been stated in several other threads that the Cryptic devs had to invoke several awful kludges just to get the Arachnos uniform slot working at all, and nearly broke the rest of the system doing it.  That entire section of code is basically a closet full of caltrops, bar-bells, and springs under tension.  DO NOT OPEN.

7 hours ago, Megajoule said:

No.

It's been stated in several other threads that the Cryptic devs had to invoke several awful kludges just to get the Arachnos uniform slot working at all, and nearly broke the rest of the system doing it.  That entire section of code is basically a closet full of caltrops, bar-bells, and springs under tension.  DO NOT OPEN.

I did not know that.  Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead anyway!!

OK, maybe not...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, Megajoule said:

No.

I mean, it's not like playing around with it affects the live game. They have a beta server for a reason and I'm sure they have a hidden test server as well where they make changes before they even put it in beta. the literal only reason I don't have interest in VEATs is that I hate that I'm locked into costume pieces that I find to be really ugly.

Is it possible to get the arachnos pieces working on *other* characters (or even in the normal slots)? Or is the spaghetti too tightly tangled even for that?

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

9 minutes ago, Bartacus said:

I mean, it's not like playing around with it affects the live game. They have a beta server for a reason and I'm sure they have a hidden test server as well where they make changes before they even put it in beta. the literal only reason I don't have interest in VEATs is that I hate that I'm locked into costume pieces that I find to be really ugly.

Only on the first costume slot. All other costume slots work like normal, save the final costume slot.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Costumes#Soldiers_of_Arachnos

3 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

Is it possible to get the arachnos pieces working on *other* characters (or even in the normal slots)? Or is the spaghetti too tightly tangled even for that?

It's not just a matter of spaghetti, it's a matter of attachment points.

The 'Back Spider' thing for Widows and Soldiers that looks like an ant wrapping it's legs around you? It goes into a custom spine slot that isn't normally accessible. Even the "Back" details like the Cybernetic Spine costume piece don't actually use the same attachment point. I think it's -technically- considered a form of Jacket because it'd designed to deform with breathing instead of remaining rigid.

Suffice it to say: The Live Devs originally intended to make the Arachnos Costume Bits available to VEATs in -all- costume slots. But when they found out it was't feasible in a Money/Time/Result sense to try and force it to work, they settled for the single costume slot setup.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

Ah, okay.

The Fallout 3 Train Hat gave me an appreciation of the amount of trickery you have to do to get the game to do what you want it to. Thanks for clarifying.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

31 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

Only on the first costume slot. All other costume slots work like normal, save the final costume slot.

The 'Back Spider' thing for Widows and Soldiers that looks like an ant wrapping it's legs around you? It goes into a custom spine slot that isn't normally accessible. Even the "Back" details like the Cybernetic Spine costume piece don't actually use the same attachment point. I think it's -technically- considered a form of Jacket because it'd designed to deform with breathing instead of remaining rigid.

Suffice it to say: The Live Devs originally intended to make the Arachnos Costume Bits available to VEATs in -all- costume slots. But when they found out it was't feasible in a Money/Time/Result sense to try and force it to work, they settled for the single costume slot setup.

WOW i didn't know this!!! I'm going to make a soldier now 😄

2 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

l'll check maybe l did that on Private Server when enabled NPC parts (like Dress on mah pic).

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

• 2 weeks later
On 10/4/2019 at 8:26 AM, Steampunkette said:

This is incorrect for the widow pieces at least. It's a chest detail with the -n suffix. If they removed the flag, you could use it. Test for yourself in Icon. The only thing that you can't mix and match there is the butt cape. The high collar is under detail 2 on the face.

Same thing with dresses, sybil robes, etc. All it takes is removing that NPC only parameter and we could use them. 

It would really be nice if Homecoming caught up to the other servers in granting us access to costume parts already in the game...

Edited by Bossk_Hogg
  • Like 3