What to pair with /Storm?

You

You might try Mind/Storm ... of all things ... since Storm will "bring the Pets" that Mind doesn't on its own (except as Confused $Targets) and will give you an incredible range of versatility, especially if you slot up Tornado and Lightning Storm with the Sudden Acceleration Knockback to Knockdown converter IOs.  Mind will let you "lock them down" and Storm will let you "blow them away" and you aren't going to necessarily be limited by the combination all that much.  And with Mass Hypnosis you can neutralize groups before they can even attack you.

Of course, with a Mind/Storm build you're almost certainly going to want to have Hasten ... and I'd argue you'll want to have Assault and Tactics too ... but that still leaves you a decent amount of flexibility even if you're taking all 9x9 powers in the primary and secondary.  Go Sorcery for Mystic Flight and Enflame and you'll be a wrecking machine, especially since you'll be able to push clusters into corners using HERDicane for Enflame to burn to a crisp.

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Grav/Storm has solid ST damage with Lift and Propel. Plant/Storm has good AoE damage with Carrion Creepers, but takes a bit of recharge to keep them up.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Another vote for Plant/Storm, here. I had one on Live and it was a blast to play. SO much damage, spawns just evaporate. Heavy on end, as the above poster mentioned, and can tend to get a bit out of control (ironically) on crowded maps, but if you don't mind dying occasionally, it's a ton of fun.

Here's a great guide from the old forums that explains the philosophy/playstyle of Plant/Storm wonderfully:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120904213614/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=135061

Edited by The_Cheeseman

I really like Electric/Storm since Electric helps with Storm's End problems, and Grav/Storm since Wormhole's ability to pack mobs into a small space turns Tornado and Lightning Storm into reasonable small AoE powers instead of practically just single-target powers.

• 1 month later

My Earth/Storm is my fav controller.

If you load up earth with procs it's amazing with storms extra damage.

I have 21 procs in my build and big mobs die so fast.

With all earth's location AoE's you don't even have to show your face to the mobs.

Ppl say  planet is the most damaging control set. I'm not so sure 🙂