Announcing TWO Halloween Costume Contests - October 12th & October 26th!

GM Miss

• Retired Game Master
On 10/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, MetaVileTerror said:

I am going to be away on the 26th, as I'm taking the spouse to Little Shoppe of Horrors in Stratford that day.  Would it be permissible to have someone stand in and be my proxy costume contestant?  What would the official rules be on something like that?  Could someone enter my costume, on my behalf, and dual-box their own costume for themself without being disqualified?

This is fine to do if you know someone willing to be your stand-in!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

This is fine to do if you know someone willing to be your stand-in!

Can I make another account and enter the same contest twice? Not suggesting for a moment that that's what was being asked, but it does leave it wide open to be abused.

• Retired Game Master
6 hours ago, Oberontech said:

Can I make another account and enter the same contest twice? Not suggesting for a moment that that's what was being asked, but it does leave it wide open to be abused.

This would be in bad faith, so you can probably imagine what the answer to that is. I understand your point, but people are going to try to game any system. I'd honestly be surprised if that hasn't already been done.

I'm not sure why anyone would risk anything over something as trivial as a costume contest, but there's a lot of things that people do that I don't understand. C'est la vie.

• Thanks 1

GM Sijin, I see you are being awesome again.

Thanks so much!  I'm very grateful for the good news you bear, and yourself.

As for dual-boxing to improve one's own odds of winning; a work around for that could be a declaration of intent, such as what I've provided here.  Once I have someone willing, I can post their name in this thread, and the GMs would be able to determine if they were operating in good faith (likely based on regional login information, hardware profile, and other metrics).

Not that it might matter in the long run; I have someone who is potentially willing to enter on my behalf without entering their own character.  I'll post once I've confirmed.

• Thanks 1

Right, well, my spouse wants to leave now for pre-wedding stuffs, but my potential stand-in hasn't been online at the same time as me for a few days and I didn't get their email address for sending the costume file.

So, yeah.  Not an official entry, since I'm not in-game, but here's a picture.

1930638437_RingmasteroftheDamned.thumb.pNg.47c0dbf689fd353136e5090dc1be1aac.pNg

Good luck to all the contestants!

• Jimmy unpinned this topic