A month of perma-night? Getting depressed lol

GamerKate

59 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

I never understood why people get so moody so quickly when things shift into "slightly different" territory.

Same thing happens when it gets really hot or cold: "This weather is painful! I'm drenched in sweat!", "Nope, it's freezing. I'm staying inside!“

As an Englishman, I resent this sentiment.

Complaining about the weather is our schtick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

Seasonal Affective Disorder is a thing.

I'm no psychologist but I wonder if such a disorder was a thing around 100 years ago.  Rather than assume it's a condition, I presume it's a symptom of something else that might have to do with human kind's disconnect from nature.  Or perhaps its just current habit to categorize every spectrum of emotion into some kind of label.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lines said:

As an Englishman, I resent this sentiment.

Complaining about the weather is our schtick.

Yes, but you only have one sort of weather so it limits what you complain about, still cheer up, there's still hanging sh** on the Welsh

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

To the poster commenting about ‘Depression’, my sincere apologies, I used ‘depressed’ lightly not as a description of an actual clinical diagnosis. 

Depression is a serious illness and I shouldn’t have used that phrase even though it’s commonly used by people who are lucky enough to not suffer from it. 

I will try to remember not to use it in future. 

As for the topic, I’m not going to stop playing ofc, and I’m v happy that other players are loving the Long Dark Lol, I’m always happy to see my fellow CoH players joyous over something even if whatever it is isn’t my cup of tea. It’s only a few weeks after all :)

MCM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, Rathulfr said:

This is one of the main reasons I don't play red side that often: it's just too dreary.  It's sad that my SAD affects me in my virtual world, too. *sigh*

Quite ironically at the moment Grandville and many of the Rogue Isles are much less gloomy than their hero equivalents. Most of them are just a little darker than usual, but not by much, while Grandville, on the other hand is pretty bright compared to the current state of the rest of the game.

That said, yeah, I find the continuous night time for one month a tad excessive, personally. The world is nice because it is varied and the day-night cycle added depth to the game, even if it was a bit too fast for my tastes. It's certainly fitting for the Halloween atmosphere, but on the other hand it is not that I am going to play Halloween content every day for one month straight.

19 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

I haven't noticed; does Praetoria get the event as well, or is it still on a regular day/night cycle?

Praetoria is affected as well, same as Paragon City. I would say it's a smidge less dark in comparison, but it's still a far cry from the shining bright appearance Nova Praetoria and Imperial City have in daytime. Neutropolis on the other hand is cooler at night.

Edited by Itikar
  • Like 1