Hardest Blaster Combo to Solo With?

Overclock

1 hour ago, atletikus said:

This made me want to roll a Dark/Energy....some nice synergy going with Boost Range for the cones and Power Boosted secondary effects. Hoping to get over my addiction to Fire Blast. ^^  

Ice/Energy was one I played a lot, too. No cones, but Boost Range made me able to blast faces from a long way away. I loved having a ranged nuke.

Man, now I want to play Dark/Energy...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mercurias said:

Ice/Energy was one I played a lot, too. No cones, but Boost Range made me able to blast faces from a long way away. I loved having a ranged nuke.

Man, now I want to play Dark/Energy...

Join the dark side! Power boosted 25% heals every few secs (+heal from sustain), nearly double -ToHit debuff and -62% for the nuke,  super long range kb cone (with kb to kd and force feedback proc). Should be pretty survivable and unique. Use bind for Power Boost and Boost Range to remain sane. 🙂

Edited by atletikus

On 10/10/2019 at 4:24 AM, ZorkNemesis said:
On 10/9/2019 at 7:10 AM, Eirwen said:

I would love to give Sonic a good shot, I have some great hero ideas for it, but each time I try it the screaming/sound effects put me right off.

I don't actually know how, but I often see people on Reddit talking about changing files to make Sonic, or any sound effect, much less ear-rapey.  With a Sonic/Mental Blaster myself, I do agree that Sonic Attacks are not something I want to constantly listen to for extended periods; up there with Psychic Blast (and Fortuna psi attacks by extension) as well.

That said, Sonic/Mental is actually pretty sweet.  The mix of Smash, Energy, and Psi damage is a solid amount of coverage. Psychic Scream is helpful to add an extra ranged cone (I personally see Sonic as one of the weakest in terms of raw damage output and lacking in AoE damage, so extra attacks are helpful) and Sonic's -Res help out with the frequent Psi resistances you run into late, plus Siren's Song pretty much guarantees Drain Psyche can be used without fear of death.

I have the same issue with Sonic, I can only play it for a limited time before it starts grating on my nerves. I have yet to come up with replacement sounds, though with my Therm/Sonic Def  Tubthumper, all the steam whistle sounds seem appropriate.

There just happens to be a thread down in guides to solve your sfx issues. ^.^

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

My first though was something like AR/Dark.  Since its buffs require melee and a to-hit check while AR loves good range, especially for Full Auto and it's long narrow cone.

I don't know why the hate on /Ice, it's a middle of the pack set with it's absorption shield alone that also slows and has -dmg.

That’s fair. Cmbi

5 minutes ago, FUBARczar said:

My first though was something like AR/Dark.  Since its buffs require melee and a to-hit check while AR loves good range, especially for Full Auto and it's long narrow cone.

That’s fair. Anything with cones is going to have a frustrating time with /Dark or any other secondary that needs to function well in melee.