Jump to content

MA/SR build feedback


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, zohawn said:

Can you post your build changed for scrappers?

Not without dropping all other priorities for about a week to do it ... and I've got more important things to do than this ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Duck-Smokes-Quack said:

Just say "no, sorry I dont have time"

No need to be an ass about it.

Just because my signature colors are black and red doesn't mean you need to make this a kettle vs pot debacle.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never bother with aid self or phase shift on SR

 

When hit hard. I either ride it out, trusting my luck,  or I use combat jumping to give me enough seperation for quick breather (assuming I have no greens or oranges.)

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

HERE is a thought,..DROP  SS, AID OTHER,. AND AID SELF.

THEN go for the FORCE of WILL pool,..get weaken resolve,..mighty leap,..and UNLEASE POTENTIAL....slot UP for REGEN instead of def. 

IT would be used an an oh shit button for big boost in de.f,..rechovery,.and about 300%regen.

YOU stated u had perma hasten,..which would put the recharge of around 2:30 min. maybe less.

 

again just a tgought

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 7:44 PM, Lazarus said:

HERE is a thought,..DROP  SS, AID OTHER,. AND AID SELF.

THEN go for the FORCE of WILL pool,..get weaken resolve,..mighty leap,..and UNLEASE POTENTIAL....slot UP for REGEN instead of def. 

IT would be used an an oh shit button for big boost in de.f,..rechovery,.and about 300%regen.

YOU stated u had perma hasten,..which would put the recharge of around 2:30 min. maybe less.

 

again just a tgought

I literally just did this!  Seems good so far. Only tested for a hour.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later

Hello,

I used to play on defiant server a MA/SR srapper (Sechs was her name, hello people from the past  if you remember me ! :p) and discovered recently that we could play COH again !

So i started from scratch a new MA/SR scrapper, 50 and veteran 12 so far, still enjoying this game a lot.

Till now i didn't bother much with build optimization, bought few IO sets with rewards or in AH, and it improved a lot my efficiency.

I'm not very comfortable with Mid's builder, and got a question : Is it possible to run a perma elude build with incarnate powers slotted ? I have in mind alpha slotted with spiritual, went for musculature for now.

Also thanks to Redlynne, your posts were very detailed and learned a lot from it.

Edited by Sechs
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sechs said:

Is it possible to run a perma elude build with incarnate powers slotted ?

No.  There is a recharge cap, and you'd need more than that to make Elude perma.

1 hour ago, Sechs said:

Also thanks to @Redlynne, your posts were very detailed and learned a lot from it.

We make every pretense of competency around here.  😎

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 1:36 AM, Duck-Smokes-Quack said:

What do people think about Aid Self in general? Maybe i should dorp it and free up 2 x power picks in the build

I never take it. If anyone could benefit, it's SR, but for the reasons you state, it doesn't seem worth it. SR does need  healing, but I'd get it from passive regeneration and procs (Panacea, Power Transfer), and take Rebirth for emergencies. That's my plan with my StJ/SR, anyway, but she's not 50 yet. We'll see how it goes.

 

(edit: oops, didn't see there was a page 2, thought the end of page 1 was the most recent post)

Edited by Werner
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, one thing that you could potentially do, although it involves use of Unrelenting from the Presence pool(!) would be to rig up an Unrelenting before Elude combo that would cancel the Elude crash (must use Unrelenting before using Elude for this to work).  Since Elude has a 1000s base recharge time (WHY?!?!?!?!) and Unrelenting has a 600s base recharge time, if you use Unrelenting before Elude (and only before Elude!) you'll always have Unrelenting recharged and ready for use before using Elude.  Pile on "enough" recharge and you can achieve some serious uptime on Elude (180s duration).

 

If you wanted to get REALLY ridiculous (and now I'm kind of looking at this possibility and wondering) ... you could spend 6 pool power picks on Presence: Unrelenting (3 picks) and Force of Will: Unleash Potential (3 picks) ... in addition to 9 picks from Super Reflexes (so as to include Elude) ... plus Hasten (you'll want Hasten to recharge Elude for you) ... for 16 out of 24 power picks, which would leave only 8 power picks remaining for your primary plus any other pool powers you might want (so getting TIGHT!).  However, that would be enough to give you access to Storm Kick (or Thunder Kick), Cobra Strike (or Crippling Axe Kick), Practiced Brawler, Dragon's Tail (slotted for damage with a Force Feedback proc) and Eagle's Claw (or Crippling Axe Kick) for 5 power picks from Martial Arts ... leaving enough room to also take all 3 Leadership toggles into the bargain.

 

Basic idea is to cast Unrelenting > Elude > Unleash Potential when Elude has finished recharging, so that you don't get ANY CRASHES.  The combination will add (base):

  • 31 * 2% Heal every 1s over 30s
  • +20% Str(RechargeTime) for 30s
  • +20% Recovery for 30s
  • +25% Dmg(All Types) for 30s
    • +45% All Defense Positions for 180s
    • +100% Recovery for 180s
    • +200% JumpHeight for 180s
    • +175% SpeedRunning for 180s
    • +34.6% Res(Base Defense) for 180s
  • +50% Str(RechargeTime) for 60s
  • +150% Regeneration for 60s
  • +75% Recovery for 60s
  • +11.25% All Defense Types, All Defense Positions for 60s

Note that the combination of increased recharge will help "hasten" the recharge for all 3 powers for even better uptime on Elude (and Unrelenting and Unleash Potential).

 

Such a "specialized" build would probably have difficulty when exemplared to low levels, but would essentially use the Unrelenting > Elude > Unleash Potential combo as a "travel power" (combined with Swift+Sprint+Ninja Run  and/or you could take Mighty Leap from the Force of Will pool as your travel power to combine with Elude which would give you access to Stomp) outside of combat and as a "mega heal" available every few minutes inside of combat.  And best of all ... if you've been Defeated, Unrelenting can be used as a self-rez power(!) in addition to everything else (insert Scrapperlock reference here).

 

I'm not sure what the uptime ratio on Elude would be, but it might be possible to have Elude active (with no crash) for 3 out of every 6 minutes (360s recharge down from 1000s base) ... or better, depending on the rest of your build ... so not perma, but not terrible either.  I'm also thinking that with Force Feedback procs from Dragon's Tail it would be possible to approach perma Hasten for all of this so as to let the good (Elude) times roll.  😎

 

 

 

Whacktastic?  Oh yeah.

Possible?  OH YEAH ...  😎

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sort of as aside related to dealing with Elude crash here's how I dealt with it on my main a Claws/SR from issue 4 onward long before sets were a thing.  She acquired and both Geas of the Kind Ones and Archmage accolade powers.  Just prior to the crash she'd pop Geas (it's recovery bonus is massive and will neutralize the -recovery of crash) leaving you with you 'normal' recovery rate.  When the crash happened she'd use Archmage for its +defense +resistance (since all her toggles would drop) sometimes popping a blue since this was pre IO to get end back up.  That was usually more than enough time to finish the current fight and get her defensive powers toggled back on.

 

PS: Certainly be a solid way to do it on a build that's still a work in progress towards that never quite finished ultimate end game build as it was quite effective on her SO build of the time.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthoughts
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Now, one thing that you could potentially do, although it involves use of Unrelenting from the Presence pool(!) would be to rig up an Unrelenting before Elude combo that would cancel the Elude crash (must use Unrelenting before using Elude for this to work).  Since Elude has a 1000s base recharge time (WHY?!?!?!?!) and Unrelenting has a 600s base recharge time, if you use Unrelenting before Elude (and only before Elude!) you'll always have Unrelenting recharged and ready for use before using Elude.  Pile on "enough" recharge and you can achieve some serious uptime on Elude (180s duration).

 

If you wanted to get REALLY ridiculous (and now I'm kind of looking at this possibility and wondering) ... you could spend 6 pool power picks on Presence: Unrelenting (3 picks) and Force of Will: Unleash Potential (3 picks) ... in addition to 9 picks from Super Reflexes (so as to include Elude) ... plus Hasten (you'll want Hasten to recharge Elude for you) ... for 16 out of 24 power picks, which would leave only 8 power picks remaining for your primary plus any other pool powers you might want (so getting TIGHT!).  However, that would be enough to give you access to Storm Kick (or Thunder Kick), Cobra Strike (or Crippling Axe Kick), Practiced Brawler, Dragon's Tail (slotted for damage with a Force Feedback proc) and Eagle's Claw (or Crippling Axe Kick) for 5 power picks from Martial Arts ... leaving enough room to also take all 3 Leadership toggles into the bargain.

 

Basic idea is to cast Unrelenting > Elude > Unleash Potential when Elude has finished recharging, so that you don't get ANY CRASHES.  The combination will add (base):

  • 31 * 2% Heal every 1s over 30s
  • +20% Str(RechargeTime) for 30s
  • +20% Recovery for 30s
  • +25% Dmg(All Types) for 30s
    • +45% All Defense Positions for 180s
    • +100% Recovery for 180s
    • +200% JumpHeight for 180s
    • +175% SpeedRunning for 180s
    • +34.6% Res(Base Defense) for 180s
  • +50% Str(RechargeTime) for 60s
  • +150% Regeneration for 60s
  • +75% Recovery for 60s
  • +11.25% All Defense Types, All Defense Positions for 60s

Note that the combination of increased recharge will help "hasten" the recharge for all 3 powers for even better uptime on Elude (and Unrelenting and Unleash Potential).

 

Such a "specialized" build would probably have difficulty when exemplared to low levels, but would essentially use the Unrelenting > Elude > Unleash Potential combo as a "travel power" (combined with Swift+Sprint+Ninja Run  and/or you could take Mighty Leap from the Force of Will pool as your travel power to combine with Elude which would give you access to Stomp) outside of combat and as a "mega heal" available every few minutes inside of combat.  And best of all ... if you've been Defeated, Unrelenting can be used as a self-rez power(!) in addition to everything else (insert Scrapperlock reference here).

 

I'm not sure what the uptime ratio on Elude would be, but it might be possible to have Elude active (with no crash) for 3 out of every 6 minutes (360s recharge down from 1000s base) ... or better, depending on the rest of your build ... so not perma, but not terrible either.  I'm also thinking that with Force Feedback procs from Dragon's Tail it would be possible to approach perma Hasten for all of this so as to let the good (Elude) times roll.  😎

 

 

 

Whacktastic?  Oh yeah.

Possible?  OH YEAH ...  😎

Very interesting, when i discovered i could play COH again, i went for a pema hasten build first, with intensive recharge slotting everywhere i could.

Managed to get a Elude down for 93 s only, so it was perfect for the 'oh shit' time, and was always up when i needed it. The endurance crash in itself was not a big deal, was using conserve power  and the usual miracle, panacea performance shifter combo.

Now, if your build works, it isn't ridiculous at all, if you can cast elude before it wears off you still have a nice amount of defense to survive the 20 s endurance crash if this one still happens, and yet just few blue inspi can do the job.

i'll have a close look at your build suggestion.

I respeced recently for a non hasten build, with medecine leadership fighting and leaping, and it works very well, just have to rethink a bit the endurance regen.

And again, thanks for the brainstorm ! 🙂

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later
On 1/18/2020 at 1:13 AM, Duck-Smokes-Quack said:

A few updates, how does this look to people?

I think it looks OK ...

Pros

  • 45%+ M/R/A
  • 40%+Res S/L at all times (before Res scaling kicks in)
  • 17HP per second Regen rate (not sure if this is good or not)
  • 3 seconds of perma hasten (perma when FF in DT kicks in every now and again)
  • Should be able to run top MA ST DPS chain of CAK > SK > CS > SK *

Cons?

  • Hasten not quite perma without a proc
  • Regen rate too low? Not sure how to bolster
  • Endurance might be a problem with such high +Rech speeds *
  • Not sure if I have put the Scrapper unqiue sets (ATOs?) in the right powers for procs etc to trigger

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

MA-SR V4.0: Level 50 Science Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Martial Arts
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Medicine
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Storm Kick -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(7)
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(37), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(39), RedFrt-EndRdx(39)
Level 2: Cobra Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(11)
Level 4: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 6: Focused Senses -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(40), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(40), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(42)
Level 8: Agile -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Rchg+(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 10: Practiced Brawler -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Focus Chi -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), WntGif-ResSlow(50)
Level 16: Dodge -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Rchg+(36)
Level 18: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Hct-Dam%(21), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23)
Level 20: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Arm-Dam%(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 28: Lucky -- Rct-ResDam%(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Rchg+(37)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(48)
Level 32: Eagles Claw -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(42), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Rchg+(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Aid Other -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Aid Self -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), Pnc-Heal(50), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15), PrfShf-End%(15)
------------

 

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1455;667;1334;HEX;|
|78DA6593CB6F125118C5EFC020F22C943EA8C8A3A5C84BA6A0DDF88AA9B69A68472|
|9D3748B23DCD64908258049BB74E15EEBA326EAD6A57F88CFBFC447625CB830F831|
|DF913661D2E6C73DF79E7BCF771FFADEAAFFFDCD47578512BCDE327BBDBAD1E89A9|
|D8EECBA8D8625DB0D29E8F3EA2B25A396DA5AD6CA6E6AC6FE8FA9EBB225A5A69BDD|
|BE65B6EA2BDD7E2F39EA5B95DBB2DD939AF170D8AAC9ED96DC933DE1ADEEEEB634A|
|32365D36FFF5C9766C76AEF04ECC60D6BE7417FD4D265D36A586D195EEB580DEDDA|
|6E73BFAE9BBDBEECEE47294686FE5F0EF3D8DFC025EEA9425454E130C1FB4CB5013|
|6992724531F7A1578BD8AAD2DFA403FF34C000C8213CC4337ACE4559E60DEA7CC93|
|07E033A6F739F8829926AF93BDC25912B67687341767515D582B8BB5B2C89645963|
|C32DE258F1BF9DD7F09715584A6B82F1462CE4C3397C260845925AF87BDC253E40C|
|AF48F321970FDA0C69011EA704305725E6B4B9417D13DCE79CB8CD5A14EB47B17E1|
|A9ED734368CFD0A671DB6369903F3CCA9025864CE3439438DBC11648D60BF16489B|
|46AE69642D810AF5CDA28ED9017DE20D2973587DEE02CF7EEA22788979FA3278859|
|978CC34C81B4395B15F5C651A55A651E522AA74D2D8384E313EABD8279238C79EC4|
|1FE6FC6FE65299F9963C49644B7E602DF511FC047E86F70BF895B949DE05ACB7805|
|B93C7ADC9E3D614705B0AB83D2A7932F064504701759C9D6496504F09B7254E9E1C|
|763467EF689294222B8EE226DC06B8C13428A4069786B3791710A28CB32C1F62C7D|
|5D11BA63F7B7675F4320785B1DEF298521953CE8F29CB63CAFA71C5C359AAEAE85D|
|0B25C6993DA1D17B1D7CF3523FF22BB88B3F8E3455D9E2DAFDF37C42FE5BD4CED29|
|B4971BB92607E3F3E4F8EE7F979A43994146BC103CE15C45EFD034AAECD6B|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

 

Linus can't give up the blanket eh? Yes, I remember from the days of I4 when hardly any build did not have hasten.

 

Actually that is what brought me to looking as MA builds again on the forums. After playing last night and loving Hasten, but having difficulty managing endurance with it. And wondering when to pop it, since I only have one slot on it, am level 7 and have only training enhancements. Certainly not perma. I have knocked 40 seconds off the recharge. Yes, I can't give it up either. So, I was reconsidering actually taking it. And dropping it, with the possibility of getting it later.

 

I used to play between I4 and I7. And truth be told, I never really understood builds. My main was an MA/Regen (who I remade as MA/Will on a brief return 10 years or so ago and on Homecoming. My second favourite was an Emp/Psi defender. And I used to just copy guildies builds. Then do as many Hami raid as possible to replace the SOs, with HO's. Things were less complex with enhancements. I am having to learn these, while trying to remember how to play the game from a new approach (being older and more open basically).

 

A massive thanks for posting this. I found some of your ideas more appealing to me than an actual MA/Will build thread. Although what I would get from it, likely requires I look at both. It is a very different powerset.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...