Best of Both - Blood Widower Fortunado Build

Version 4 "The Final Version" is now posted on page 1.

Anyway, yeah. My last, up-to-date build is up. It's the one I will be sticking with because it does all I want from it.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

One last thing, Gulb.

I hit 44, and things are going well. Except for endurance. I'm looking at your build, and you have two more toggles than I do (Maneuvers and TT:A), but I'm having endurance problems without them. If a fight goes on for more than 15 seconds or so, I'm sucking wind. I noticed you didn't take and +recovery Incarnates. How are you keeping your endurance up?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DasEnder said:

One last thing, Gulb.

I hit 44, and things are going well. Except for endurance. I'm looking at your build, and you have two more toggles than I do (Maneuvers and TT:A), but I'm having endurance problems without them. If a fight goes on for more than 15 seconds or so, I'm sucking wind. I noticed you didn't take and +recovery Incarnates. How are you keeping your endurance up?

Get the accolades as you get an extra 10% endurance. I've got all four in a day a couple of times - it makes a difference. Otherwise it's IO bonuses with endurance discounts and a little more endurance here and there. The two health IOs and performance shifter are absolutely worth getting. 

Always slot your attacks for endurance reduction before your toggles - the VEATs have cheap toggles as well as extra endurance recovery that basically pays for the endurance cost of them. On almost any build, it's worth slotting your three or four most common attacks with endurance reduction before your toggles, just in terms of drain over time. Very, very few toggles use enough endurance to make it worth slotting them until you get into your 30s with slots to spare, whereas your basic attack chain needs it just in terms of how often you use those powers.  

Sorry - complete oversight of mine not to mention it. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Gulb, I noticed in your latest build, you're over the set bonus cap for the 1.5% S/L resist, which is mostly coming from your Crushing Impacts and Red Fortunes. How much do you value that small fire/cold resist from Red Fortune? You could swap those out and complete the 4-set on Luck of the Gambler to boost your regen, take 2 slots out of Combat Jumping to avoid overcapping your health set bonus, and then put 2 more slots back into Dominate for extra procs.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, solarstriker said:

Why use lvl 30 Red Fortune in foresight and not a lvl 50 one ?

I've actually got them all attuned - sorry if I missed it out on the planner. I did try to make it clear on the first post.

I don't know why it's showing as 30 - it's a cheap and cheerful set generally, so use whatever works for you. Widows have defence coming out of practically every orifice, so it's not really an issue eking an extra 1% point out of it, in my opinion. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later

To be honest I feel like you just have waaaaay too many attacks. Either going melee or ranged would be enough but both just steals a lot of power picks and slots which is noticeable. These ATs are blessed in how they can cherry pick things. More AoE or more ST according to need.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sovera said:

To be honest I feel like you just have waaaaay too many attacks. Either going melee or ranged would be enough but both just steals a lot of power picks and slots which is noticeable. These ATs are blessed in how they can cherry pick things. More AoE or more ST according to need.

I get what you're saying - I pretty much use them all, though! Ranged for minions and runners, melee for bossfight mode. A huge element to survivability is that all my ranged attacks also do control effects. I rotate through the three nukes (incarnate, wail, confuse) and that keeps things at a brisk pace. If I had to lose anything, it would be the TK blast, but I can't really think of anything else I need and it's fun to boink enemies off things.

Obviously different people play differently and I've tried to make it very solo exemplar friendly and very end-game friendly, hence the variety of attacks. The cool thing about fortunatas is that you really can piece together the build you want.

I have to say this character is semi-retired now because he sort of trivialises a lot of content - I was doing +4x8 incarnate stuff without noticing any difference in difficulty so he's largely a badge hunter nowadays.

Regarding slots, it's tight but I honestly don't see a problem, but I've been fairly min-maxed for what I want. Obviously your playstyle might differ! If you wanted to go for perma hasten or something then it's an easy swap for one of the attacks.

Edited by Gulbasaur

This post has inspired me to play with this build.  I had a Mind/Energy Dominator back on live.  I liked the Mind powers, but lacked AoE.  So, I used the builds here and in a couple other threads to try to work out a Melee range FortuDom.  I generally require my builds to be 100% endurance neutral or better when firing the single target chain (Lunge,FU,Strike,Dom in this case) which I achieved with a bit of tweaking (barely).  This also has WAY more AoE than my old Dom with 40 second nuke, PsiNado, Spin.  Control wise, Wail at 40 seconds (stun), Aura of Confusion (65 seconds), and Total Dom (65 seconds) means that I can rotate through them fairly regularly.

I would appreciate any feedback or tweaks or criticism.  I designed this one to be able to work from Level 27 to 50.  Still need to work out the low level exemplar build.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Sorcery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic:50(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg:50(3)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:10(3)
Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:30(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx:30(7), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(11), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:30(36), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:30(36), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def:30(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:30(21), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:30(37), Rct-Def/Rchg:30(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:30(37), Rct-ResDam%:20(39)
Level 6: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:10(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:30(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx:30(9), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg:30(9), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(31), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:30(36), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc:10(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(11)
Level 12: Dominate -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Apc-Dam%:50(13), UnbCns-Dam%:50(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(23), NrnSht-Dam%:10(31), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:20(42)
Level 14: Psionic Tornado -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg:50(15), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(15), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%:50(40)
Level 16: Lunge -- Hct-Dam%:50(A), Hct-Dmg:50(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg:50(25), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(31), EndRdx-I:50(40)
Level 18: Spin -- Erd-Dmg:30(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg:30(19), Erd-Dmg/Rchg:30(19), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:30(27), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(34), Erd-%Dam:30(40)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:30(21), LucoftheG-Def:30(39)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:30(23), LucoftheG-Def:30(39)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(25)
Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg:30(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg:30(43), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx:30(43)
Level 28: Mind Link -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg:50(29), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(29)
Level 30: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%:21(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%:50(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(34)
Level 35: Total Domination -- UnbCns-Hold:50(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(43), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(45), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg:50(48), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(50)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf:50(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg:50(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg:50(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg:50(46), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx:50(46), CrcPrs-Conf%:50(46)
Level 41: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:30(48), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:10(48)
Level 44: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:25(A)
Level 47: Afterburner -- BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:30(50), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:10(50)
Level 49: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%:20(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd:50(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:10(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:20(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:30(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod:50(A), PrfShf-End%:21(7)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
------------
------------

6 hours ago, Caulderone said:

This post has inspired me to play with this build.  I had a Mind/Energy Dominator back on live.  I liked the Mind powers, but lacked AoE.  So, I used the builds here and in a couple other threads to try to work out a Melee range FortuDom.  I generally require my builds to be 100% endurance neutral or better when firing the single target chain (Lunge,FU,Strike,Dom in this case) which I achieved with a bit of tweaking (barely).  This also has WAY more AoE than my old Dom with 40 second nuke, PsiNado, Spin.  Control wise, Wail at 40 seconds (stun), Aura of Confusion (65 seconds), and Total Dom (65 seconds) means that I can rotate through them fairly regularly.

I would appreciate any feedback or tweaks or criticism.  I designed this one to be able to work from Level 27 to 50.  Still need to work out the low level exemplar build.

Welcome to the dark side!

You build looks solid, although one thing I'd recommend is taking Mystic Flight instead of Fly and Teleport. You'd lose Afterburner, but that would free up two more power choices at a cost of more leisurely travel. As you've gone for Sorcery, you could use of of the power choices to get an extra 35-40% all-round resistances up every couple of minutes as you've got for a lot of recharge? That's the only thing I can see that I'd maybe change.

Now I am torn.  I have two versions of the build.  One is a tweak of the last post.  Two is with Sorcery as per your idea.

I don't like the idea of flying through the Shard w/o Afterburner, but the slightly better resists and the up 1.5 minutes down ~2 minutes Rune is nice looking.

V1

Spoiler

Power Pool: Teleportation

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic:50(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg:50(3)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A)
Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:30(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:30(3), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx:30(7), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(11), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:30(36), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def:30(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:30(21), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:30(37), Rct-Def/Rchg:30(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:30(37), Rct-ResDam%:20(39)
Level 6: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:10(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:30(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx:30(9), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg:30(9), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(31), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:30(36), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-3defTpProc:10(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(11)
Level 12: Dominate -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Apc-Dam%:50(13), UnbCns-Dam%:50(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(23), NrnSht-Dam%:10(31), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:20(42)
Level 14: Psionic Tornado -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg:50(15), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(15), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%:50(40)
Level 16: Lunge -- Hct-Dam%:50(A), Hct-Dmg:50(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg:50(25), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(31), EndRdx-I:50(40)
Level 18: Spin -- Erd-Dmg:30(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg:30(19), Erd-Dmg/Rchg:30(19), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(21), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:30(27), Erd-%Dam:10(34)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), ShlWal-Def:30(23), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:30(36), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:30(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:10(39)
Level 26: Tactical Training: Leadership -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg:30(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg:30(43), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx:30(43)
Level 28: Mind Link -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg:30(29), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:30(40)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dam%:50(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(34)
Level 35: Total Domination -- UnbCns-Hold:50(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(43), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(45), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg:50(48), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(50)
Level 38: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf:50(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg:50(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg:50(45), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg:50(46), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx:50(46), CrcPrs-Conf%:50(46)
Level 41: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:30(48), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:10(48)
Level 44: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:25(A)
Level 47: Afterburner -- BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:30(50), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:10(50)
Level 49: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%:20(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:10(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:20(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:30(5)
------------
------------

V2

Spoiler

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A)
Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg:30(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:30(3), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx:30(7), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(11), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:30(36), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow:10(A)
Level 18: Spin -- Erd-Dmg:30(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg:30(19), Erd-Dmg/Rchg:30(19), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(21), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:30(27), Erd-%Dam:10(34)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), ShlWal-Def:30(23), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:30(36), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:30(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:10(39)
Level 28: Mind Link -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg:30(29), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:30(40)
Level 41: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%:20(A)
Level 44: Rune of Protection -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:30(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg:30(48), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg:30(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:30(50), Ags-ResDam:30(50)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:25(A)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
------------
------------

edit:  I basically wanted Teleport for getting out of caltrop fields, so the Sorcery version works fine for that.  Either works for the minor utility purposes I envisioned.

Edited by Caulderone

4 hours ago, Caulderone said:

I don't like the idea of flying through the Shard w/o Afterburner, but the slightly better resists and the up 1.5 minutes down ~2 minutes Rune is nice looking.

I get that... I've been there... but in reality, how much time do you spend in the Shadow Shard? 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:19 AM, Redlynne said:

To be honest, with Minimal FX Mystic Flight in the game

Ok.  I'm seriously with you on this "minimal" thing.  Like, seriously.  If I get a power that I use on other people (I'm talking to YOU Ice Armor!) then I always choose "minimal effects."  Period.  I don't want to diminish the true glory of their incredibly beautiful toon with my clumsy effects!  Right?

But I reserve the right to "effects" my own toon!  If I have Mystic Flight, then I'm likely to flaunt it!  Lol!  "Yeah, tp baby!  Whuchoo got?"

Hmmm...  Too bad Mystic Flight requires wasting a power to purchase.  It would fit perfectly with one of my toons!  Let's have all travel powers available through the P2W agent!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 1/7/2020 at 11:09 PM, Caulderone said:

edit:  I basically wanted Teleport for getting out of caltrop fields, so the Sorcery version works fine for that.  Either works for the minor utility purposes I envisioned.

I won't knock anyone's choice of Mystic Flight, but my Fortunata build (and I assume other players as well) almost completely shrug off the Slow effect of Caltrops. (The no Jumping is still there). I was running 0x8 missions against the Sisterhood of Caltrops (Indigo's arc?) with no problems.

One note about Caltrop users (applies to all enemy pseudo-pets): Confusing the caster turns the pet against the villains. You won't be affected by it and all villains will! Aura of Confusion is particularly fun when enemy caltrops are in play.

1 hour ago, tidge said:

I won't knock anyone's choice of Mystic Flight, but my Fortunata build (and I assume other players as well) almost completely shrug off the Slow effect of Caltrops.

The Night Widow gets Mental Training (equivalent to SR Quickness) which gives 40% slow resist.  Fortunata doesn't get that.  Obviously, I'm relying on the planner at the moment (which could easily be wrong), but nothing else shows any slow resist on Fortunata.  I have the Winter's Gift IO planned, but that is only 20%.

Is there something the planner is missing?  That would be awesome.

Edited by Caulderone

I was using a Fortunata. Maybe it is because Caltrops have to hit, and melee defenses are through the roof? In any case, my toon was absolutely not bothered by Caltrops.

I should note that aside from the one-off Slow resist, I don't have Winter Sets in use, and few/none of the set bonuses I have provide explicit Slow resistance.

• 4 weeks later
On 1/9/2020 at 1:15 PM, Caulderone said:

The Night Widow gets Mental Training (equivalent to SR Quickness) which gives 40% slow resist.  Fortunata doesn't get that.  Obviously, I'm relying on the planner at the moment (which could easily be wrong), but nothing else shows any slow resist on Fortunata.  I have the Winter's Gift IO planned, but that is only 20%.

Late reply sorry, but I find that slow isn't a problem - high defence covers a multitude of sins as things like caltrops have to roll to hit. 

The low DDR is also rarely an issue for similar reasons - you have to be hit twice for it to be even noticeable, which is about two out of every forty hits within the debuff time limit.

The Winter's Gift IO does help a little generally (especially as it goes in a travel power, which is good value).

@Gulbasaur- Hi hi!

Read your guide, and Ive been using your build with a few minor tweaks in the last two powers. (Still trying things out, nothing set in stone.) but the rest is the same as far as i can tell. Am starting to run into an issue though -

Without mind link, i take a lot of damage. Then my hps drops to below 50 and slowly gets chipped away and i die. i simply dont have time for regen to kick in. (this is on a +3/8 map, and ive only unlocked my first t3 alpha power). Now, ive gotten my link mind down to a 96 recharge, and since it lasts 90 seconds theres a 6 second gap in my defenses. So i am wondering what fix you have, because i just get over whelmed so fast if its off. But when the buff is up its fine!

Important Notes - it was on a 3/8 map usually. Only first T3 alpha unlocked, currently farming threads. Got all of your IOs except for lunge and psi wail. (saving for those now) but i have everything else. I have given thought to putting in box and tough for my last two power slots, instead of recal friend and provoke, which would get my s/l resist up to mid 40s before anything else kicks in, which might give me a bit more of a buffer? I duno?

Anyway, just getting clobbered in that tiny mind link gap and would like some advice. Thanks bunches in advance! And thanks for the fortuna build and guide, its lots of fun!

@Neiska- hey hey!

My mind link has 30 seconds of down time... just wondering, what enemy groups were you up against, or is it a general thing? Toxic damage tends to hit quite hard. 

There's no shame in using inspirations to close the gap (and I tend to use every orange one I get as soon as it drops), but in play I tend to go hard on control aspects - use those confuses, use your knockdown, use dominate to hold. A lot of my survivability comes from being hyperaggressive, if I'm honest. Open with a nuke (judgment, psi wail (disorientates enemies) or confuse) and keep them in rotation and be liberal with your AoEs as the fear proc is really helpful and knockdown buys you a few seconds. Dead enemies don't hurt you (unless they're nemesis).

I also found that unlocking rebirth really helped me as it is such a strong heal. Also, get kick over boxing and put the chance for +recharge IO in it - I hate to see a wasted power slot and it makes a good attack chain filler. 

I find that while I can go up to +4x8, it stops being fun and I have to really work for it. If you're farming threads, I'd actually suggest going down a notch because lower enemies are just as thread-droppy. 

Hope that helps! I have to say I'm playing less nowadays (I levelled a tanker and playing them feels like a merry romp in the park after the frenetic craziness of a fortunata).

@Gulbasaur- mostly i was farming "night at the movies" on +3/8, and they seem resistant to some effects. At least, I noticed things are affected more on say, comic con maps. Usually I do use a big power for an opener, Psi Wail, Aura of Confuse, or the area dominate. If they arent dead or hurting, I use the time to whittle them down. Most of the time, it works. Unless I am on an elite boss that takes a bit longer to take down, and thats when my 6 second gap in Mind Link gets me.

2 hours ago, Neiska said:

Most of the time, it works. Unless I am on an elite boss that takes a bit longer to take down, and thats when my 6 second gap in Mind Link gets me.

Oh, I get you now. I don't really play AE missions much, even less farm ones. It's possible the creator used mezz-resists to increase the number of powers an enemy has without increasing damage resistance, as I think that impacts xp/inf... but I could be wrong. 

Method 1: stay in melee range; fortunatas naturally have slightly higher melee defence and mine's basically at cap all the time (I think it's like 43.5 or something).

Method 2: kite them around for a few seconds, use cover, use corners. 

Method 3: use an inspiration to cover the gap. 

If it's really not working for you, feel free to change the build - different people play differently and what works for you might not work for me and vice versa. Earlier builds had higher defence and I scaled it back until it was something I was comfortable with (30%ish ranged/def off mind link). Let me know if you find any ways to improve it!

• 3 weeks later