Homecoming Server Update: Moves, XP, and EU!

GM Tempest

Is this P2W Vendor already in the game somewhere? Or is that upcoming too? Also will it be restricted to inf and not $?

P2W Vendor is in most zones look for the $ its called P2W there is one in each starting zone the vendor has a bunch of free powers and stuff that costs inf, its basically all the veteran/pay 2 win stuff that used to be sold in NCSoft cash shop the name is a little joke nothing costs real world currency.

There's a P2W vendor in the Galaxy City tutorial, the woman in the suit standing to the right of the Longbow Heavy that is the trainer; in Atlas Park, there's one on the west side of the plinth in the center of the zone (a bit north of the enhancement vendor on that side).

Thanks for the replies. I'll look for it in Atlas. On the NCSoft servers I remember buying some mad scientist bundle. Hopefully I can get some of what was in that.

Found it.

All costume pieces are now unlocked by default not sure about the emotes that came with those bundles.

The free things you can get in the P2W vendor are awesome. (The button says 'buy' but 'free' appears to the right of it, if it is)

You can get the Jump Pack, Black Wand, Nemesis Staff, Sands of Mu, Ghost Slayer Axe and assorted vanity pets free. These are really helpful, especially as a lowbie.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I'm in the camp that enjoyed the Xp boost since there is only so many times you can do the low level arches, but wishes Inf flowed more freely especially sub level 25.  Unless you have a Inf. Daddy or a max level character, it's onerous and disappointing trying to outfit yourself in SO and IO's and the enemies are scalling to expect you to have SO/IO's and you don't.

I've run up probably half dozen characters so far into the 20's or close to it and by level 22 I've always gotten at least one rare salvage drop (usually 2 or 3).  Simple sell at the auction house for close to a million inf each.  Easily covers the cost of SO's at level 22 and/or to start dipping into standard IO's instead.  Maybe running at a full +100% exp rate you'll get unlucky and not get a rare drop by 22? Might happen, but would be unusual from what I've experienced.

I'm in the camp that enjoyed the Xp boost since there is only so many times you can do the low level arches, but wishes Inf flowed more freely especially sub level 25.  Unless you have a Inf. Daddy or a max level character, it's onerous and disappointing trying to outfit yourself in SO and IO's and the enemies are scalling to expect you to have SO/IO's and you don't.

I've run up probably half dozen characters so far into the 20's or close to it and by level 22 I've always gotten at least one rare salvage drop (usually 2 or 3).  Simple sell at the auction house for close to a million inf each.  Easily covers the cost of SO's at level 22 and/or to start dipping into standard IO's instead.  Maybe running at a full +100% exp rate you'll get unlucky and not get a rare drop by 22? Might happen, but would be unusual from what I've experienced.

I've gotten 1 up to 50 2 in the 40s and a bunch in the 20s and never had an issue outfitting them but then again I rarely outfit my toons with the current XP rates until you hit level 40 you really dont need to worry about it at all... 40-50 is the slow slog and outfitting out that point feels ok before 40 you level so fast its just a waste of inf.... Im now in the process of level what will be my main toon and I went round selling all the junk on my alts and hit over 80mil inf which is enough to buy my main some IO's that level with you the sets you normally get for merits or inf on the market.

My seggestion is dont worry about enhancements if your one of these people who buy new ones every 10 levels then your wasting your time...

I would second the idea that these XP Boosts become toggle powers. Seems silly to run to a vendor every hour or so when you are leveling up to 50.  Just purchase, click, and go.

I also second the INF equivalent of the XP boosts. I would also recommend doing them as toggle type powers.

All in all, these requests are First World type problems. Just happy to be a Villain (sometimes Hero) again. Everything else is gravy.

Entropy Legion, Villain SG: https://entropylegion.guildlaunch.com 

Union Supreme, Heroic SG: https://unionsupreme.guildlaunch.com

I would second the idea that these XP Boosts become toggle powers. Seems silly to run to a vendor every hour or so when you are leveling up to 50.  Just purchase, click, and go.

I also second the INF equivalent of the XP boosts. I would also recommend doing them as toggle type powers.

All in all, these requests are First World type problems. Just happy to be a Villain (sometimes Hero) again. Everything else is gravy.

Toggles is a fantastic idea.

Hey, folks, old CoH Vet here, but new to Homecoming. And great job by the way. You've no idea how happy the wife and I are to be able to play again.

Where is the P2W vendor location at in each of the three cities (Paragon, Rogue Isles, and Praetoria)?

Hey, folks, old CoH Vet here, but new to Homecoming. And great job by the way. You've no idea how happy the wife and I are to be able to play again.

Where is the P2W vendor location at in each of the three cities (Paragon, Rogue Isles, and Praetoria)?

They are also in the tutorial maps as well.

AP has it to the left of Ms Liberty, as you are facing her and city hall together, around the corner of the Atlas statue base.

On Mercy, face the first arbiter and Kalinda, turn around to the right and go up next to the "helicopter", you'll see her on the way.

Praetoria, face Praetor Duncan and White, and she'll be the first vendor on your left going round the circle.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Do these server maintenance come with an hour, 30 minute, and countdown warning?  I got caught in one the other day and just thought the server was acting up.  Might’ve missed the messages tho.

If they do not, can we have these again?

They stack to 8 hours though.

The XP boosts were in the game back in the live days SCORE added them to the P2W vendor with an inf cost they are simply removing that cost, its a little harder to create something new and why bother to reinvent the wheel? they stack up to 8 hours no big deal having to visit a vendor once every 8 hours.

The inf version is something I would not want to see... it would make an auction house pointless... and destroy the game economy.... they might as well make every free if they add inf boosts.

In 2012 I had eight AE slots, having bought the full complement.  Will it be possible to get more than three moving forward?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Toggles drop when you die. The boosters work the way they do so a player that is defeated can still get XP boosts from team kills and resurrect when they level up.

Aren't there timed toggle powers like the jetpacks that you can toggle until you have used it for its allocated time? i.o.w. you can have the skill for years if you only use the time on it sparingly?

I also second the INF equivalent of the XP boosts.
Thirded. I'm trying to avoid outleveling story arcs, and the ability to turn that spare XP into inf would be very helpful

I am very much against this idea it would cause complete havoc on the games economy. It would be nice to see trainer enhancements at a very discounted rate but I fear that in and of itself could also cause an imbalance in the economy of the game.

Thumbs up for the continuing awsomness of the game. In regards to the xp boost and influence sea saw. Have you given thought to the other way, bonus influence vs reduced xp? I know I have a few poor toons who would do it for a while at least.