Homecoming Server Update: Moves, XP, and EU!

GM Tempest

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already. If you are on Halcyon now and want to move to the canadian servers since most of us are on the est zone. Will that be possible or is it just for people that want to move to the EU server?

There's a transfer character option on the character select screen for transferring to a new shard.

Sweet, as there is a good chance that I'll move off Halcyon because I live in the US. Just makes more sense to have servers closer unless they are completely overwhelmed.

First, a big THANK YOU to those responsible for bringing this back!  Second, I'm glad I read this thread to the end, because I had this same question.  I started on Halcyon just because the others were always 3 red dots.  I'll be sure to move the couple characters I've made to another server soon. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

I thought the xp boosts were free, instead they cost millions.

Custom XP Rates

XP has been a hotly-discussed topic over the last few weeks! We’ve heard all of your feedback - some people want the old pace back, some people want it to be faster - and we think we’ve come up with a pretty good middle-ground.

Starting with the next patch, you will be able to select your own XP rate. The options will be +0%, +25%, +50% and +100%. However, there’s a catch - your Influence income will be reduced by the same amount (so if you select +100% XP, you will receive no Influence).

You’ll be able to acquire these XP boosts for free from the P2W Vendor (or the Transact 4 Victory vendor in Praetoria). They last for 1 hour of in-game time each, but you can stack them for up to 8 hours. If you wish to revert back to the standard XP rate, you can delete the power by right-clicking on it in the Powers window.

Bio, you very eloquently stated a lot of what I feel. For me, the road to 50 is as much fun as the final ding.

I played from April of 2004 until sunset and STILL have never done it all in the game. There is so much rich and fun content that you miss by speeding through just to have a 50. There are the story arcs that are almost like being in a movie, the tons of 'things' in every new zone and even the npc talk, which can be hilarious. I prefer to immerse myself and feel a part of the big picture, but not everyone feels that way. They just want to get to 50 quickly. I have found that those of us who have taken it slowly have also discovered that this is a wonderful gaming community and thus is more than 'just a game'. I really like that a lot for me. Everyone should be able to play the way that is fun for them, so to me, there's no 'right' or 'wrong' way.

I luvs my Healix!

Also, for those not in the know, we have Ouroroborus (Did I sploll that rite?)  where we can revisit any mission arc that we may have missed.

I do believe they count for the accolades as well.

My thing usually is to AE it to 50, get my demon farm so I can slot and respec, get my incarnates, then hit oro for desired content. ( I really need to do my Yin arc)

I can definitely understand and overstand why there is an AE nerf, Some of those farm missions melt the server. Yikes!

My farm maps were always small for that very reason. Minions, Lt's, bosses.

Nothing cheaty, nothing fancy, Just a simple farm.

Seems like I should have moved my characters off reunion since it is the only server down.  Will we have a period of unlimited tokens to move characters off that server once its up or is it only moving to that server that get the free tokens?

Please consider making it the following:

+50% exp bonus for -25% inf, +100% exp bonus for -50% inf, +150% exp bonus for -100% inf

Leveling solo needs major help. I know there are people who just love to jump into a large group and get carried to 50, but there are players like myself and others that would rather level by ourselves without feeling like we were just PLed to the top. However, in that same sense, the exp is really bad.. I mean REALLY bad for soloers. Please also see my mission completion poll I put in suggestions.

Another idea is give players who are NOT in a group a bonus to experience if you can add that.

I have to admit I agree my fellow soloist, Eldriyth. But even with out exp bonuses I am out levelling content. Would you maybe look at going the other way around. Ie. +25 Inf bonus for -25% exp, then +50% inf for -50%exp. I don't see dropping exp more then that for the pay off. A thought for you masters of the universe to ponder.

Leveling solo needs major help. I know there are people who just love to jump into a large group and get carried to 50, but there are players like myself and others that would rather level by ourselves without feeling like we were just PLed to the top. However, in that same sense, the exp is really bad.. I mean REALLY bad for soloers. Please also see my mission completion poll I put in suggestions.

Another idea is give players who are NOT in a group a bonus to experience if you can add that.

I have to admit I agree my fellow soloist, Eldriyth. But even with out exp bonuses I am out levelling content. Would you maybe look at going the other way around. Ie. +25 Inf bonus for -25% exp, then +50% inf for -50%exp. I don't see dropping exp more then that for the pay off. A thought for you masters of the universe to ponder.

According to one of the load screen tips, there's an XP bonus for being in a large group.  Removing that bonus could be the simplest option for evening out solo vs. group leveling.

And I tend to agree with your concerns about outleveling content.  While I love to see my character gain a level as much as the next person, I do sometimes wonder whether it would be better to slow down the rate of level gain.  (But, then, I generally think that while in a large team, which goes right back to the team XP bonus...)

If you feel that you are outleveling content, you have the option (in "Options") to turn off XP gain.  I did this at 14 & 19 in order to run all of the story arcs & badge missions at each level range, along with the scanner/safeguard missions.  Once you are content that you have done everything in the level band that you want, just go back to Options & turn XP back on.  While this option doesn't increase the rate that you gain INF, the longer you play level-locked, the more INF you will have earned at the end - so the effect is the same as having an option to reduce XP & raise INF rate.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Ahh yes Mister Mass, I agree and have done so. But I must admit, if they are helping guys lvl faster. I was looking for a payout,  ;) and I know others who would like such. But you all know what is the most important thing is about this conversation?

Yes you are correct, IT IS THE FACT WE CAN TALK ABOUT INFLUENCE IN CoH, and be playing and gaining it again. ;D

Please consider making it the following:

+50% exp bonus for -25% inf, +100% exp bonus for -50% inf, +150% exp bonus for -100% inf

I'm a big solo-er as well but hit a bit of a wall at 32.  I got to a couple of missions with Elite Bosses that were simply too difficult at 32 so I had to do radios until I hit 33. 

I'm a big solo-er as well but hit a bit of a wall at 32.  I got to a couple of missions with Elite Bosses that were simply too difficult at 32 so I had to do radios until I hit 33.

Nice to meet you Bardweiser. Did you try lowering your lvl by one. I have had that issue before. Sometimes going and making my lvl -1 instead of 0 or +1 lets me pull it off. Anyway good hunting.