turn down / off rad armor FX?

kendo339

as per title.  first time using rad armor and looks to be a very solid set.  looking forward to getting it to higher levels but the FX is extremely annoying on the armors.  don't mind the initial animation and would be ok if they faded out after a while but the constant circling lights is very distracting

during character creation, I looked through the options and didn't see any way to turn off, but has anyone found a good color combination to mute it?  appreciate any suggestions

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

Some costume pieces have different color tones like metallic  or matte, you might have 2 colors you like but looks slightly off.  Changing colors around can make it look look like what you want.  Try changing colors for powers, some look like there is 3 colors with only 2 that can be changed  (third is basically an undercoat like paint, you can't change it).  I have spent too much time in the editor with up to 8 different colors to tone down Fire armor to a blackish red which is pretty subtle.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 11/5/2019 at 5:05 AM, Gregg247 said:

On my Stone Melee/Radiation Armor Brute, I colored his Rad powers to tan/brown so that it looks like he's just dusty.  I used minimal effects when possible, too, so it looks much less distracting.

I did something similar - pick bright radiation then pick the darkest grey you can. It just looks like you're standing in a smoke machine.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 2 years later

Sorry to Necro this, but I don't like making multiple threads of the same topic. I had to google this to find it, but rather than make my own thread, I would like to give support to this one. It's a great set, but those effects can be very overbearing on some character concepts. It's perfect for some, but for others it;s just too much. A minimal Effect option would be nice indeed. Something that allows you to actually see your costume. Maybe an aura rather than a surrounding effect like it is now. Like a glowing aura?

• Like 1

Agreed. I deleted a scrapper & rerolled with a different set just because the vfx on Rad armor are *way* too busy for my tastes. 

Luckily ice fit the concept better anyway, I just hadn't known up til then that ice armor has a minimal fx option. So it worked out great for me. But I honestly think it would be wonderful to have a minimal fx option for ALL of the shields.

• Thumbs Up 1

Coloden.png

7 minutes ago, kwsapphire said:

Agreed. I deleted a scrapper & rerolled with a different set just because the vfx on Rad armor are *way* too busy for my tastes. 

Luckily ice fit the concept better anyway, I just hadn't known up til then that ice armor has a minimal fx option. So it worked out great for me. But I honestly think it would be wonderful to have a minimal fx option for ALL of the shields.

I can see the option working fine for large bodies, or maybe a monstrous character, but for a character that look heroic, it's a bit much I think. it needs a glowing affect option, much like what you can get with Energy Shields.

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Sorry to Necro this, but I don't like making multiple threads of the same topic. I had to google this to find it, but rather than make my own thread, I would like to give support to this one. It's a great set, but those effects can be very overbearing on some character concepts. It's perfect for some, but for others it;s just too much. A minimal Effect option would be nice indeed. Something that allows you to actually see your costume. Maybe an aura rather than a surrounding effect like it is now. Like a glowing aura?

We can save a lot of time for the devs if they'd just instate a 'invisible' dye we can use to hide armors.  I've already requested it on the suggestion forum a while back.

Funny thing? It's already in the game. Pick Radiation Siphon, check the dyes. The darkest makes the effects near invisible instead of the usual greyish black.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Sovera said:

We can save a lot of time for the devs if they'd just instate a 'invisible' dye we can use to hide armors.  I've already requested it on the suggestion forum a while back.

Funny thing? It's already in the game. Pick Radiation Siphon, check the dyes. The darkest makes the effects near invisible instead of the usual greyish black.

I figure the glowing effect would be perfect for this particular one, especially since it already exists with Energy Aura. Something like this...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 2

You'll have to forgive the images being a file, the actual web page image links wouldn't work for two of them and apparently the files won't work either, so I'll just remove them, lol.

Edited by Solarverse

55 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I can see the option working fine for large bodies, or maybe a monstrous character, but for a character that look heroic, it's a bit much I think. it needs a glowing affect option, much like what you can get with Energy Shields.

The Atom might disagree:

Atom-Palmer-DC-Comics-JLA.jpg

So too Firestorm:

Firestorm_03_sadfkasjdfya8s7d6f.jpg

Radiation Therapy also has the 'invisible' dye. Place both dye channels at the darkest and see the effects nearly gone.

So it's in the game, it just needs the devs being convinced to proliferate it so we can hide the worst (Bio minimal FX doing drippy effects).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

Radiation Therapy also has the 'invisible' dye. Place both dye channels at the darkest and see the effects nearly gone.

So it's in the game, it just needs the devs being convinced to proliferate it so we can hide the worst (Bio minimal FX doing drippy effects).

Using Dark Radiation and black makes reddish-black zoomies. Using Bright Radiation and white gives you white zoomies. Reversing the Bright/Dark and black/white doesn't help, you still have zoomies. Which drive me absolutely nuts given their permanent presence. I spent all of two minutes with the toggle on before deleting the character and rerolling.

By zoomies, I mean the little motes of light that zoom around you like a swarm of angry hornets. I have a visceral reaction to it that I can hardly describe, aside to say that I cannot stand it. 

image.thumb.png.98468d22a42677925b9cd5a57e3120ee.png

Edited by kwsapphire

Coloden.png

40 minutes ago, kwsapphire said:

Using Dark Radiation and black makes reddish-black zoomies. Using Bright Radiation and white gives you white zoomies. Reversing the Bright/Dark and black/white doesn't help, you still have zoomies. Which drive me absolutely nuts given their permanent presence. I spent all of two minutes with the toggle on before deleting the character and rerolling.

By zoomies, I mean the little motes of light that zoom around you like a swarm of angry hornets. I have a visceral reaction to it that I can hardly describe, aside to say that I cannot stand it. 

image.thumb.png.98468d22a42677925b9cd5a57e3120ee.png

No, I was specific. It's only Radiation Therapy (and Radiation Siphon, but that's from Rad Melee) that has this. Bright Radiation, choose the darkest dye.

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

No, I was specific. It's only Radiation Therapy (and Radiation Siphon, but that's from Rad Melee) that has this. Bright Radiation, choose the darkest dye.

Unfortunately it's Alpha Barrier that I can't stand. I can't even get far enough into the powerset to get Radiation Therapy. 

Coloden.png

On 1/23/2022 at 2:00 PM, Solarverse said:

My problem with /Ea is Energy Cloak.

I deleted a scrapper after I got it, because I couldn't see the costume I had worked so hard on.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

I deleted a scrapper after I got it, because I couldn't see the costume I had worked so hard on.

I thought they had added a no FX option for that? Sorry my ignorance, haven't messed with Energy Armor in a while.

33 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

That is the same with Stalkers. Sometimes it is cool if you have a costume in mind but otherwise it can be a shame to hide a costume. would be nice to have a choice.

Unless it has been changed as Solarverse mentioned, not sure, not in the game at the moment.

I think i need to change my Avatar name...too confusing lol.

Edited by Gobbledegook