Citizen Cole
Silent Witness
Claim Denied
Riveting
Upcycled
Rock Bottom
Territorial
Shell Shocked

It might not be an issue with the badges themselves, as I think they've been successfully found in the log previously.  I did notice that it recorded precisely 550 badges and then left these off.

9 hours ago, Avatar Phoenix said:

The following badges did not import properly for me through the Log Parser:

If you don't mind, try downloading the settitle.txt file again (via the log parser help page) and re-run it. It looks like the URL to that file was fixed and I mentioned to KeyboardKitsune that @xeaon had some issues with an older version of the settitle bind file, which they were able to resolve. The issues in that thread are identical to the issues mentioned in your post, and it looks like KeyboardKitsune implemented the same fixes to the settitle binds that xeaon implemented, so that new file should take care of those issues. Many thanks to xeaon for diagnosing and solving that problem!

On 4/26/2020 at 9:57 PM, solarstriker said:

How do i use this badge tracker?

Is there a way to scan my character ingame, and dump the badges i have in the badge tracker. ?

Yes, there is! Go to the 'Characters' page of the Badger site. Click the 'Log Parser' button on the right side under the warning banner (I've circled this button in the screenshot below).

badger_chars.thumb.png.c53eee0b7bb59031e38a0070b17d56af.png

When you click that 'Log Parser' button, a dialog window will appear. Look in the lower right corner of that window for the 'Help' button and click it. A second window will pop up which has instructions for how to turn on log parsing (assuming it's not on already). Note that if you are turning on log parsing for the first time, please log out of your character and back in after turning log parsing on. The Badger parser keys off a welcome message that you get when you log in the character and if you don't log out/in after turning on log parsing, that welcome message will not be in the log and the log upload will fail.

The window which pops up also has a download link and instructions for running a custom bind file that will dump all your earned badges into your log file. Once you've run that custom bind file, simply return to the 'Log Parser' dialog window (via the 'Log Parser' button shown in the attached screenshot) and upload your log file and it will read in your character name and all their badges.

If you want to do this for multiple characters, you'll need to run the custom bind file for each character you want to upload. And be sure to upload the right log file. Log files are saved on a daily basis so be sure to upload the one from the day(s) that you ran the custom bind file.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification, moved screenshot to a more appropriate location
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is the new "resurgent" anniversary badge going to be added? If it is, do I need to update anything or will it automatically be added to this list? I use the web browser for my badge collecting. Thank you so much again. This makes badging so much fun to me. Love the time and effort put into this. Thanks!

The new 'Resurgent' badge will be added to the database. I'll try to get it submitted by the end of the weekend. I submitted it for inclusion this morning. You won't need to do anything, but if you check off the badges manually (as opposed to doing it automatically with the log parser) then you'll need to check it off manually like any other badge.

10 hours ago, Lorraine of Pinnacle said:

The site is showing 1533 without Resurgent, making the new total 1534 but I can only account for 1531.  What am I overlooking?

The Badger site accounts for the 'Bug Hunter' and 'Flames of Prometheus' badges, which don't count towards the in-game totals. The V.I.P/Destined One/Praetoria's Son/Praetoria's Daughter was also split into it's primal (V.I.P/Destined One) and Praetorian (Praetoria's Son/Praetoria's Daughter) versions, so that one badge techically appears twice in the data, thus accounting for the apparent three additional badges.

submitted new badge and updated badge number discrepancy explaination
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HunterMS said:

The V.I.P/Destined One is known as Praetoria's Daughter/Son for those starting Going Rogue.   

I had forgotten that badge was split in two in the database, thanks for the reminder! I updated my answer above. I also submitted 'Resurgent' for inclusion.

On 4/30/2020 at 9:49 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

The Badger site accounts for the 'Bug Hunter' and 'Flames of Prometheus' badges, which don't count towards the in-game totals. 

This is not strictly true.  It's counted on the character list page, but not on the individual character's badge page.

image.png.66639f708a297a0b92901c2ef67a0707.png

image.png.d4bd3a0151baea3a6acca5d0ebba4c9a.png

15 minutes ago, darkgob said:

This is not strictly true.  It's counted on the character list page, but not on the individual character's badge page.

Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to the main badge listing, and assumed Lorraine of Pinnacle was as well. I don't actually use it to track my badges so I wasn't aware that the character badge display was different.

Finally got around to using the Badger, thanks for this. 

However after using the settitle bind and uploading chat logs it tells me I have 830 badges. The game tells me I have 811. 

Is there a way to find the error?

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

1 hour ago, Lunchmoney said:

However after using the settitle bind and uploading chat logs it tells me I have 830 badges. The game tells me I have 811. 

Is there a way to find the error?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking that maybe another character's badges were mistakenly attributed? Do you happen to know if the log file you uploaded spanned multiple days? Meaning, if you played through midnight (for your local timezone) on the day of or day before you ran the settitle bind? If you would be willing to share (via PM) the portion of you log file that includes the results of running the bind file, I'd be happy to look into it. I am not sure I'll be able to pinpoint the issue but I can at least try to narrow it down some.

• Like 1

I cleared my chat logs and only logged in with one toon (my badger) before doing the settitle and upload. All done about 1700ish local time (GMT+1). I then ran all my other toons through (to get the Anniversary badge as I dont know if I'll be able to actually play in May) so my chat log for the day will include those as well. 

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

After a bit of a chat with Chemist this may be an error by me. When I get a bit of time I'll run a thing and see if I still get an odd number. 

I'm blaming my lack of sleep and small baby type person running around my house 😂😬

As part of running some tests to try to narrow down Lunchmoney's issue, I ran the settitle binds on 13 of my characters. They all seemed to import fine (i.e. the number of imported badges matched the number of in-game badges) except for two characters. In each of those cases, the log parser reported one fewer badge than I actually had. I went through badge by badge and found that it missed 'Physician' on one character, and 'Night Widow' on the other. I checked the log for each and those badges clearly get set during the settitle bind run, so I am at a bit of a loss to explain why it's leaving those badges off those characters.

If anyone else has noticed the log parser failing to catch a badge or two, please let me know. In the meantime I plan to re-run the binds for those two characters and re-import and see if the behavior is repeated.

I deleted my toon from Badger (I'm only running one Badger at the moment) and reran the settitle etc. All ok now. On this occasion it was my error 🙂

However I am happy to have helped to find what could be a larger issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

I deleted my toon from Badger (I'm only running one Badger at the moment) and reran the settitle etc. All ok now.

Glad it worked! I did the exact same thing for the two characters that I was having issues with and that seemed to do the trick for me as well. So it looks like if there are anomalies in the badges the log parser is picking up, the simple solution is to run the settitle binds again (perhaps on a different day, so it puts them in a new log file), then delete and re-import that character into Badger via the log parser.

• Like 1

Just found this place , last time I played was right after the hell known as FtP and would of loved something like this back then. That being said my greedy self has a request =^.^= . Being able to sort by location to show everything in a single zone from all categories at the same time would be a godsend for a completest like my self 🙂

On 4/29/2020 at 3:15 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

If you want to do this for multiple characters, you'll need to run the custom bind file for each character you want to upload. And be sure to upload the right log file. Log files are saved on a daily basis so be sure to upload the one from the day(s) that you ran the custom bind file.

If you have any questions just let me know.

I thought it was about time to log a second character. 

Went through all the motions but the Log Parser just sits there. The blue bar the bottom fills up, then nothing happens. 

Capture.PNG

Tried again, deleted the character, ran parser, got 55 badges logged. Which is correct. 

Please ignore me, I'm clearly being old and tired 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Icelord said:

Now that there's a Homecoming specific wiki, would it be worthwhile to link there instead of ParagonWiki for current badge descriptions?

Theoretically yes, once the respective badges are updated on the HC wiki. I've already undertaken a fairly substantial update project on said wiki so I don't have any plans in the near term to update the badges there. Once I am done with this project, I'll re-assess, but I have a feeling I'll need a break before undertaking any more update projects there.

Of course if other folks update the badge pages on the HC wiki I'll be happy to submit the appropriate updates in the Badger database. There also might be an easier way to mass-change all the URLs in the database to point to the HC wiki but I don't think I have the proper means to do that without submitting them all as a pull request, which would be a bit of a nightmare.