New badge tracker

KeyboardKitsune

On 5/10/2020 at 9:28 AM, Lunchmoney said:

I thought it was about time to log a second character. 

Went through all the motions but the Log Parser just sits there. The blue bar the bottom fills up, then nothing happens. 

Capture.PNG

I am also having this issue.

17 hours ago, FrostedHarbor said:

I am also having this issue.

The post below the one you quoted contains the following potential solution:

On 5/10/2020 at 10:33 AM, Lunchmoney said:

Tried again, deleted the character, ran parser, got 55 badges logged. Which is correct. 

Please try that and let me know if it works.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, darkgob said:

Praetoria's Son/Daughter is showing as a separate badge on the tracker when it should be the same badge as VIP/Destined One.

It is actually a separate badge, but that one in particular is a special case. There are 53 badges, mostly represented by the Primal (hero and villain) and Praetorian achievement badges, that exist as separate badges (with unique settitle IDs) for Primal and Praetorian characters and are mutually exclusive. In the Badger database, most of these were kept together as one badge and were simply updated to show both the Primal and Praetorian settitle ID, but Praetoria's Son/Daughter was split off from VIP/Destined One because it was causing ordering display issues for Praetorian characters. I wasn't involved in the split so I can't really speak beyond what is noted in the Badger github, but that's why that particular badge shows up in two different places.

9 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

It is actually a separate badge, but that one in particular is a special case. There are 53 badges, mostly represented by the Primal (hero and villain) and Praetorian achievement badges, that exist as separate badges (with unique settitle IDs) for Primal and Praetorian characters and are mutually exclusive. In the Badger database, most of these were kept together as one badge and were simply updated to show both the Primal and Praetorian settitle ID, but Praetoria's Son/Daughter was split off from VIP/Destined One because it was causing ordering display issues for Praetorian characters. I wasn't involved in the split so I can't really speak beyond what is noted in the Badger github, but that's why that particular badge shows up in two different places.

Yep, this ^
There's an open issue to split more (https://github.com/n15g/coh-content-db/issues/8) but I still think the splitting causes more pain than a few out-of-order badges.
I don't really have the motivation to sort out a proper solution to both problems these days.

As for the wiki issue; There's an open issue discussing some options: https://github.com/n15g/coh-content-db-homecoming/issues/113
It sounds like the new wiki is still a bit of a WIP, but won't be any worse than the archive wiki, so maybe a global search and replace is worth the effort to move all the links over. Assuming the url isn't likely to change, that is.

• 2 weeks later

Issue with the log parser today.  I switched computers over the weekend and didn't bring the badge file over.  No problem I thought.  I'll just rung the settitle.txt and import them again.   Run the parser and nada.  Bar fills, no badges.  I downloaded the settitles.txt file again.  Nope, still not budging.  Deleted today's log file and restarted CoH.  That doesn't help either.  Finally decided to add a single badge that I knew I had.  Ran the parser and it imported all badges.  No idea why it refused to do anything until I added one badge to the character.  After I added the one badge it was happy and imported all 1237 badges.

7 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

No idea why it refused to do anything until I added one badge to the character.  After I added the one badge it was happy and imported all 1237 badges.

The log parser can be a bit ornery at times. Other posters and I have resolved the issue by just deleting the character in question from Badger then re-running the parser, but it sounds like you found an alternate solution. Thanks for the post!

• 4 weeks later

How do you get your badge info onto that application ? 
Does it pull it in once I fill out the name, server and arch type ? 
Do you I need to import this data somehow ? 
Do I need to log in with the page open have it auto pull this data down ?

On 7/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, plainguy said:

How do you get your badge info onto that application ? 

You'll need to import it manually. Please see this post on the previous page of this thread.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
replaced link

• 1 month later

Does the chat log importer require a specific browser?

And how does the import know which character it is importing to? Rather than being in a log folder underneath my character name, the file is in a folder beneath my account name.

Anyway, I keep getting the "no new badges were found" after making an import from the generated chat log file, but my count is still zero. I tried deleting the character, remaking, and then importing. I tried deleting and importing when I had no character. I also tried adding a badge to an existing character and then importing. Nothing.

Thanks

I was not involved at all with the development of the chat log importer, but I'll take a stab. I don't think it is broswer specific. I would assume that it picks up the character name from the log file itself, since the system sends each character a welcome message (which includes the character's name) upon login. And the log file location you mentioned (in a folder beneath your account name) is the correct location for log files.

As far as the issue with the import, I am not sure exactly how to diagnose it. If you look back over the last few pages, there have been a few methods mentioned to try, and it looks like you tried at least a couple of them. Aside from that, I don't have any other advice unfortunately. I just did a test import myself and it worked, so it is theoretically still working. Not that that helps you much, but keep trying, and hopefully it'll behave for you.

29 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

...since the system sends each character a welcome message (which includes the character's name) upon login....

Ah ha! As soon as I saw this part, I knew what the issue had to be. I enabled logging after I logged in. So the character name wasnt there. I logged out, re-ran it, and the import worked.

Well 1 badge isnt showing up but close enough.

Cheers! And Thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PorkTips said:

I logged out, re-ran it, and the import worked.

Fantastic, glad you got it working!

• 3 weeks later

I just found this badge tracker and decided to give it a try. I had to load the .txt file to my CoH folder and activate the chat logs in game. I did all that, used the bind_load_file and got the badge titles to set and clear. But when I try to use the parser and I select the correct file in the chat logs, it tells me no new badges are found. I can open the logs and see all the badges are listed in there. Am I doing something wrong?

37 minutes ago, ElectronMaiden said:

But when I try to use the parser and I select the correct file in the chat logs, it tells me no new badges are found.

That's been a fairly common issue with the parser. Have you read and/or tried some of the remedies mentioned in the past couple of pages of this thread?

3 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

That's been a fairly common issue with the parser. Have you read and/or tried some of the remedies mentioned in the past couple of pages of this thread?

I had to delete my character and relog and run the set title bind a few times, but the parser finally worked. It is one badge shy of my total, however, but I want to play, so I will deal with that later. Thanks Chemist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElectronMaiden said:

I had to delete my character and relog and run the set title bind a few times, but the parser finally worked. It is one badge shy of my total, however, but I want to play, so I will deal with that later. Thanks Chemist.

Glad you got it to work! The 'one badge short' issue has come up before as well, but I don't know offhand an easy remedy for that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

I used this for the first time today and could not get it parse my log... just didn't appear to do anything.  I realized that it's because the file was locked (by COH).  Copy the file and load the copy or log out of COH fixed my issue and was able to parse the log.

U don't explain how to export your toon to use this badge tracker for your toons. This is not a simple app. to use.  Not everyone knows how to export or import their toons.  Where to go to export or import the data required.  I thought this was a automatic app for badge tracking but does not look like it.  Not happy about this.

• Like 1