New badge tracker

KeyboardKitsune

2 hours ago, LynnD said:

U don't explain how to export your toon to use this badge tracker for your toons. This is not a simple app. to use.  Not everyone knows how to export or import their toons.  Where to go to export or import the data required.  I thought this was a automatic app for badge tracking but does not look like it.  Not happy about this.

Sorry you are having trouble with it. On the previous page I posted some instructions for importing one's chat logs to populate the badges in the tracker. Please have a look at those instructions, I hope they clarify the process for you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

I've tried reading through everything here and I have absolutely no idea how to use this. I can't find a guide anywhere instructing me how to use this. It is massively infuriating to me that everyone else knows how to use this GitHub except me. Please can someone walk me through this or publish some sort of guide on how to actually use this thing?

On 11/23/2020 at 1:29 PM, Kendai said:

I've tried reading through everything here and I have absolutely no idea how to use this. I can't find a guide anywhere instructing me how to use this. It is massively infuriating to me that everyone else knows how to use this GitHub except me. Please can someone walk me through this or publish some sort of guide on how to actually use this thing?

Go to the Badger site, which is here: https://n15g.github.io/badger/

If you just want to browse badges, either click 'Badges' in the ribbon at the very top, or click the grey 'Badge List' button near the top of the home page. Or, click here: https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming. There are several dropdowns and filters on the badges page that let you narrow the badge display results.

If you want to record badges that your character has collected, either click 'Characters' in the ribbon at the very top, or click the dark blue 'Character List' button near the top of the home page. Or, click here: https://n15g.github.io/badger/character

You'll be taken to the character page. Carefully read the note at the top of the page, then click the green 'New Character' button. A popup will appear which will ask some basic information about your character. Enter that info and click 'Done'. Your character will then appear in the character list. Click your character name to be taken to that character's page. There are two tabs. The 'Display' tab lets you view that character's badges (this tab will likely be empty initially), and the 'Collect' tab lets you add badges by hand. As with the badges page, there are several dropdowns and filters on the 'Collect' tab that let you narrow the badge display results. Click the open circles to the left of the badge name to add it to your character. Once you add badges they will appear on the 'Display' tab.

If you wish to add badges automatically via your chat logs, please read this post, which walks you through those steps.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
minor clarification
  • Like 3

Just now, Incursion said:

I just got back into the game (like 3 days ago). This new badge tracker is current?  Im at work but plan to download and see if i can get it working when i get home. Have a lot of catching up to do 🙂

It is as current as possible, at least until the new/updated badges in Issue 27 go live. I still occasionally need to correct things here and there in the data as I run across them, but I think the database is largely correct. Also it is not something you download, it's an entirely web-based tracker. My post from earlier this afternoon should cover how to use it.

3 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

It is as current as possible, at least until the new/updated badges in Issue 27 go live. I still occasionally need to correct things here and there in the data as I run across them, but I think the database is largely correct. Also it is not something you download, it's an entirely web-based tracker. My post from earlier this afternoon should cover how to use it.

Ok thank you. 

I've updated the old spreadsheet with i27 badges. I still prefer this method of tracking badges to webapps etc, so I'll share this here if anyone else wants to use it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wM2YPPLDHN_QXlDe1RrgPEVdGVklhhpqZq6UshiZ27o/edit?usp=sharing

Please don't modify that version, take a copy for yourself and update that.

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

Hi everyone, I haven't been paying attention to this as I sort of drifted away from the game.

Thanks ATC for looking after things and helping people out where you can, it's much appreciated.

12 hours ago, Kallisti said:

I've updated the old spreadsheet with i27 badges. I still prefer this method of tracking badges to webapps etc, so I'll share this here if anyone else wants to use it.

Awesome work!

I stopped maintaining the spreadsheet version, but I still get (despite all the instructions) access requests every now and then, so some people must be using it still as well. If anyone here is interested in maintaining the original sheet, let me know your google account in a DM and I'll add you to the sheet.

I'll also incorporate what I can of these new badges into the webapp now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

In the Accolades list, did "Praetoria's Son/Praetoria's Daughter" get separated from the "V.I.P. /Destined One" badge?

In the spreadsheet they were combined, but in the new tracker they are separated.

Edit: It appears they are mutually exclusive in-game. So I guess they could either be combined or separate in the list.

Edited by PsiBug

3 minutes ago, PsiBug said:

Under Accolades, I believe "Praetoria's Son/Praetoria's Daughter" is supposed to be combined with the "V.I.P. /Destined One" badge.

Have a look at this post, and the one immediately below it, and see if that doesn't help explain what you are seeing.

On 11/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, KeyboardKitsune said:

I'll also incorporate what I can of these new badges into the webapp now.

I appreciate this. Just an FYI - the text for Tarnished Star on the Web app is not correct. (not that it makes a difference to me, as I have it already - but it may to someone who looks to get it in the future) 
It currently states: Turn off the sprinklers before the timer runs out during The Graveyard Shift story arc.
Below is what it should say: 
Tarnished Star - Fill every jail cell in The Zig during your life as a hero, before becoming a villain and releasing Bile during "The Freakish Lab of Dr. Vahzilok" story arc

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Just an FYI - the text for Tarnished Star on the Web app is not correct.

Please check it again. I created a pull request earlier today that included adding some missing data for to the new i27 badges, and this fix was included. KeyboardKitsune merged the request this afternoon and that correction currently appears on the Badger site for me. You may need to hard refresh the page.

3 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Please check it again. I created a pull request earlier today that included adding some missing data for to the new i27 badges, and this fix was included. KeyboardKitsune merged the request this afternoon and that correction currently appears on the Badger site for me. You may need to hard refresh the page.

Thanks. I have never heard of a "hard refresh" before, but that did indeed do the trick. (ctrl+f5, for Chrome, per Google)

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:32 PM, Ukase said:

It looks as if another badge has found it's way into the game. 
Snowbound, an Event badge. 

Thanks! It is on my to-do list for this evening, along with cleaning up a couple other badges.

Edit: Updates were made and pull request submitted, and the updates have been approved, so Badger should be fully up-to-date now. If anything seems in error please let me know!

updates submitted and approved
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later

I just got the History badge "Headjuiced" but couldn't find it on the Badger site. Is it me or is it just missing from there? Sorry if it's been posted before! I also did a search for the term and only one thing came up that was not related to the badge tracker.

headjuiced_history.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gothess said:

I just got the History badge "Headjuiced" but couldn't find it on the Badger site. Is it me or is it just missing from there? Sorry if it's been posted before! I also did a search for the term and only one thing came up that was not related to the badge tracker.

It shows up fine for me under the history badges: https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/headjuiced

Had you perhaps been searching on Badger for other badges using some of the filters at the top and forgot to clear them? I ask because I still do that often and briefly panic thinking a badge is missing, when the reality is that I just forgot to clear the filters from a previous search.

10 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

It shows up fine for me under the history badges: https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/headjuiced

Had you perhaps been searching on Badger for other badges using some of the filters at the top and forgot to clear them? I ask because I still do that often and briefly panic thinking a badge is missing, when the reality is that I just forgot to clear the filters from a previous search.

I see what the issue was. It is set as a Praetorian-only badge and I was looking at Hero alignment badges. But it should've still shown up, right? Anyway, thanks, I was able to select it!

6 minutes ago, Gothess said:

I see what the issue was. It is set as a Praetorian-only badge and I was looking at Hero alignment badges. But it should've still shown up, right? Anyway, thanks, I was able to select it!

The short answer is yes, it probably should show up, but I'd need to edit the data so that it would. The long answer is that back at the bottom of page 5 and into page 6, there was some discussion about uncertainty with respect to alignment for some badges, and that some of the badges in the database might need to have their alignment changed. We didn't want to thoroughly check every badge at the time so we just decided to do it on a case-by-case basis. Even though it is found in Praetoria, it appears to be earnable by heroes and villains as well (without needing a trip to Null the Gull) and as such I think it qualifies for adjustment. I'll do a little digging in the meantime and if I find any other similar badges I'll adjust them as well. Thanks for bringing this one up!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later

You can import from a chat log.  

1. Get badges2500.txt from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/games/badges2500.txt

2. /bindloadfile "badges2500.txt"

3. Exit game

4. Click "Log Parser" On the Character screen.

5. Find your latest log file, C:\Games\Homecoming\accounts\"Your User Name"\logs is the default location with the new launcher

6. Click submit

Occasionally it will not import.  The solution is to add one badge that you know you have for the character then do the Log Parser.

Edited by Ura Hero

5 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

I strongly recommend against using this particular bind file, as it will cause some badges to be missed (because the game essentially ignores the first command in each line).

Last spring I wrote a how-to post for loading badges from log files that covers the process (it is on page 7 of this thread), including how to download the bind file needed.

5 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

Occasionally it will not import.  The solution is to add one badge that you know you have for the character then do the Log Parser.

The log parser indeed can be problematic at times. I wouldn't say that the solution quoted above is the only solution to the problem, but it could be a solution. If it doesn't work, check back over the last few pages for some other potential solutions.

clarification
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later

I'm still a little lost about how to import the log files.

I'm using the HClauncher. Game is in C:\games\homecoming (default option for the launcher)

I've enabled Log private messages inside the game

I downloaded the settitle.txt file and ran /bind_load_file "c:\games\homecoming\settitile.txt"

The chat windows shows that the command ran properly

I can't find where the log file actually is inside any of the homecoming directories so that I can put it into the log parser. It's not in games\homecoming\account\user

Where does the HCLauncher log the files?

9 minutes ago, jlk819 said:

Where does the HCLauncher log the files?

It stores them in in the <CoH root folder>\accounts\<username> directory. It should be 'Log Chat' that is enabled. If you only enable 'Log Private Messages' it may not work. I just noticed that in the instructions on the Badger site, the picture in the tutorial highlights 'Log Private Messages' and it should highlight 'Log Chat' instead. I'll let the site owner know and see if they can update that image. It's probably fine if they are both enabled, but I think for logging badges, 'Log Chat' is the important one. Sorry for the confusion, I had not noticed that until just now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

It stores them in in the <CoH root folder>\accounts\<username> directory. It should be 'Log Chat' that is enabled. If you only enable 'Log Private Messages' it may not work. I just noticed that in the instructions on the Badger site, the picture in the tutorial highlights 'Log Private Messages' and it should highlight 'Log Chat' instead. I'll let the site owner know and see if they can update that image. It's probably fine if they are both enabled, but I think for logging badges, 'Log Chat' is the important one. Sorry for the confusion, I had not noticed that until just now.

This was the problem. Need to enable Log Chat and not private messages as was circled in the picture on the instructions. It still isn't working for me however, I enabled log chat, re-ran the bind file (looking at the log, it def ran correctly} and when I enter it into the Log Parser, I get "No New Badges Found"  Any more insights for me? I'd really like to get this working.