Not selling....

dollface33

I put an epic recipe on the market quite a while ago and I believe there was only around 20 of this same item for sale at the time. There are now 47 and a lot have sold for way more than I posted mine for but mine is just not selling, it's being bypassed for some reason. I have checked multiple times to make sure it is not in the "stored" section. Has anyone else had this happen? There is no way I am wanting to re-post, as it cost a lot to do the first time.

I was under the impression that the market fills bids by matching the highest bid against the lowest price that is below the highest bid. If so, it is possible that you placed your sell price higher than other players. If multiple players have placed the same sell price I don't know if the bids are matched by FIFO, LIFO, or WTFO.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, tidge said:

FIFO, LIFO, or WTFO

Please stop, you made spit smoothie on my keyboard and it's a PITA to clean off...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

2 hours ago, tidge said:

I was under the impression that the market fills bids by matching the highest bid against the lowest price that is below the highest bid. If so, it is possible that you placed your sell price higher than other players. If multiple players have placed the same sell price I don't know if the bids are matched by FIFO, LIFO, or WTFO.

I believe it's FIFO, but it's specifically designed to feel like WTFO.

• Haha 1

I have noticed this behavior as well on both buys and sells.  The only pattern that I have detected is that it usually happens to characters that either have not been played or have not interacted with the market for sometime.

I think Wentworths wants to see your face from time to time or it sells around you.  Fargin bostitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, dollface33 said:

I put an epic recipe on the market quite a while ago and I believe there was only around 20 of this same item for sale at the time. There are now 47 and a lot have sold for way more than I posted mine for but mine is just not selling, it's being bypassed for some reason. I have checked multiple times to make sure it is not in the "stored" section. Has anyone else had this happen? There is no way I am wanting to re-post, as it cost a lot to do the first time.

That's just how the market works. WW looks for the lowest listing under a bid to match a seller and a buyer: e.g. item A is three listings from three players at 50, 55 and 60 inf. A fourth player puts in a bid at 59 inf so the eligible sales are the ones at 50 and 55 of which 50 is chosen because it's the lowest. 

In your case there just seems to be enough listings below your price to satisfy the market's demand that your item won't move.

• Like 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

There is, of course, the old display bug to consider.  But that aside:

If you are trying to sell something, and it posts a trade higher than where you were offering, that simply means at the time someone bid that, someone else was offering it cheaper than where you were.  Probably working as intended.  You can either wait and hope, or you can bite the bullet and repost.

If you are trying to buy something, and it posts a trade lower than where you were bidding, something is wrong.  I have seen this happen a number of times, which may have been the display bug, but it leads me to believe that sometimes the bidding system doesn't work as intended.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

On 10/10/2019 at 5:35 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

If you are trying to sell something...,

If you are trying to buy something...

Seems to me if the latter iis a mistake that's popping up (which I believe I've seen as well), that the chances for the former being a real error as well just go up.  🙂

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝