Rad/Sonic Defender or Sonic/Rad Corruptor?

StoneColdJoker

Looking to build something to maybe solo AV’s and/or GM’s with. I’ve heard tale of rad/rad defenders doing such but wondered if sonic attacks would help out since they have -Res. But I’m wondering if a defender would be better or if a corruptor. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Virtue-Vet

Now on Everlasting

3 hours ago, Shoulung said:

If I’m not mistaken radiation only applies-def, which wouldn’t seem all that important in the incarnate world where you have tons of accuracy. I’d think the -res would be more beneficial, which is why I went sonic with my kin def.

This is true, but anything with -def can take an achilles proc, thats only 20% though and it does not stack. 

I would say that you will probably get more out of using a defender and procing your attacks. Radiation blast has some decent proc options so that is the way I'd go if I was trying to solo AVs on a corr or def. Also you get higher def and res values on the defender making it easier to hit softcap while keeping procs. 

Edited by Darkir

• 3 weeks later

Rad Blast is indeed -def on the blasts and Neutrino Bolt can be turned into a proc onslaught.  The AV killing power comes from the regen debuff in Radiation Emission's Lingering Radiation (coupled with EF's -resist).  Now tack on Radiation Infection for -def and -to hit (both enhanceable) plus Enervating Field -dam and -resist (doubling all this up if its a defender pair) .   Sonic Blast would be my first choice on secondary for killing AVs and GMs with the caveat I don't know much about how Beam and Water would help out.  The -resist in Sonic would help up the damage further.