I never knew that!!!

Coin

Well this is probably common knowledge here but just in case it isn't I remember the first time I started noticing

ALL of  the cops had names that were a play on cops (and the actors that play them) from pop culture TV and movies.

i.e. Detective Westbrush = Eastwood

Croquette and Basins = Crokett and Tubbs from Miami Vice etc etc

Detective Freitag = German word for Friday (Dragnet) who talks about "just the facts."

There's one that references Robocop too I think Murphy

and a Martins that is probably Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon.

Back in 05 when I started playing I remember at one point going around

to all the various precincts and trying to figure them out.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 5

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Oh here's a fun one. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT WARNING if you don't want to know about the Steven Sheridan Story Arc in Brickstown.

Spoiler

You've been warned... 😛 

You learn that the Rikti aren't actually aliens...

They are us from the future. They were attempting some sort of warp drive if I remember correctly, and went back in time crashing back onto Earth. If you recall, the RWZ (Rikti WarZone) was RCS (Rikti Crash Site). We eventually evolve into what they are now. The Lost is the first step in that evolutionary process. That's why the Lost share similarities of both Rikti and us. In the Story Arc, they are harvesting people's organs because they have the same organs still or vice versa. Something like that. It's been a LONG time since I've done the arc lol.

Edited by brigg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

Instead of warning people, you could put that in a spoiler hideaway box if you were concerned Brigg...

it's the little "eye" right end of the 2nd row next to the grid/table.  That is what it's there for. 07K1tHnz_o.png

Spoiler

There are new people coming to the game that haven't played that arc.

• Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

6 minutes ago, brigg said:
Spoiler

Oh here's a fun one. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT WARNING if you don't want to know about the Steven Sheridan Story Arc in Brickstown.

You've been warned... 😛 

You learn that the Rikti aren't actually aliens...

They are us from the future. They were attempting some sort of warp drive if I remember correctly, and went back in time crashing back onto Earth. If you recall, the RWZ (Rikti WarZone) was RCS (Rikti Crash Site). We eventually evolve into what they are now. The Lost is the first step in that evolutionary process. That's why the Lost share similarities of both Rikti and us. In the Story Arc, they are harvesting people's organs because they have the same organs still or vice versa. Something like that. It's been a LONG time since I've done the arc lol.

Spoiler

Almost, they're also from another dimension (in the way that Axis America and the Psychic Clockwork dimensions are bumming around out there) BUT there is a magical barrier preventing the Rikti who were stuck in our dimension from returning, which is why the end of the RWZ arcs and the LGTF are a big deal. A lot of the Rikti plots are about the various factions and powers on Primal Earth who start going at each others' necks.

The Lost (and also Hydra) have been exposed to Rikti experimentation to be turned into Rikti. I don't know if it's ever made clear how the Rikti turned from being human in their own dimension.

Edited by Lines
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

You could put that in a spoiler hideaway box if you were concerned Brigg...

it's the little "eye" right end of the 2nd row next to the grid/table. 

Hide contents

There are new people coming to the game that haven't played that arc.

Yeah yeah. I know. But one extra click? Who's got time for that!? LOL, but you're right. I fixed it. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

The main point of the Rikti is they're formerly humans from another dimension, and the 'Rikti homeworld' is actually another Earth. They're not OUR future, that arc is just telling you how the humans in their dimension became the Rikti and advanced so far beyond us so quickly despite time being at the same point between us.

• Like 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

Harry Potter discovers he's a wizard.

MacLeod turns out to be an immortal.

Batman is Bruce Wayne.

Stephen Fayte is really is just a surgeon and nothing more. No-one knows why he keeps saying it like that as if he isn't.

• Like 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

13 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Not to belabour the point, but the Rikti thing was never really that well hidden.  It was on the official website in two places straight from launch, even:  The Rikti Villain Group page and the Timeline page.  It's not a real secret.  Not like the [REDACTED!] secret is.

To belabor the point not everyone reads the official website.

(I don't until after I've run the related content)

but they might read the forums.

No worries though.

------------

17 hours ago, brigg said:
Spoiler

Yeah yeah. I know. But one extra click? Who's got time for that!? LOL, but you're right. I fixed it.😄

12 hours ago, SaintD said:
Spoiler

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

Harry Potter discovers he's a wizard.

MacLeod turns out to be an immortal.

Batman is Bruce Wayne.

Stephen Fayte is really is just a surgeon and nothing more. No-one knows why he keeps saying it like that as if he isn't.

Well truth in advertising may have died but at least in the militaristic and

religious senses iridium oxide and nitrogen enriched yttrium are as delicious as ever. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

So, I recently noticed, in the second-to-last mission (I think) of the ITF, the one where you fight over a bridge and then pass through the arches of a large wall, in the base of the wall there are doors. I did not know those doors are working and they take you to the top of the wall where there are a bunch more Romans. I learned that the exciting way the other day.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, VV said:

So, I recently noticed, in the second-to-last mission (I think) of the ITF, the one where you fight over a bridge and then pass through the arches of a large wall, in the base of the wall there are doors. I did not know those doors are working and they take you to the top of the wall where there are a bunch more Romans. I learned that the exciting way the other day.

Nice find! 

I was overjoyed to do a "kill all" ITF yesterday, as a matter of fact, and we looked high, and low for every Roman soldier, and 5th Column thug.  We found them in places I had never thought to look, and before it was over, I had put almost 2 veteran levels on my L50 character, and was able to craft her 5th T3 level Incarnate power.  So, good stuff all around.

• Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, Abraxus said:

Nice find! 

I was overjoyed to do a "kill all" ITF yesterday, as a matter of fact, and we looked high, and low for every Roman soldier, and 5th Column thug.  We found them in places I had never thought to look, and before it was over, I had put almost 2 veteran levels on my L50 character, and was able to craft her 5th T3 level Incarnate power.  So, good stuff all around.

That's how I found this one! And, yeah, there are Romans in all sorts of nooks and crannies I had never seen before. 

• Like 1

Sister Romanghostwidow’s arc uses the first half of the Cimerora map from the last mission of ITF, and I think it’s a defeat all. I never knew about it. I really, really enjoyed exploring it by myself and seeing the detail of the map. It’s a fun one, I think because there is so much verticality to it.

53 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Highlander: There should have been only one.

To be fair the Renegade Cut of Highlander 2 is a different movie almost. Much more watchable.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Granted, this was easier to notice before Galaxy turned into a tutorial and even more so as a base builder part, but the Galaxy branch of the FBSA has three toilets by sex. Male, Female and 'Gigantic'. Gigantic has a male-looking symbol except larger and broader and the door itself is actually about a quarter larger than the other ones (that last detail not emulated in the base builder version).

Considering it's the only instance of the game featuring it there's two things that can be implied. One) CoH was ahead of its time by acknowledging Huge as a gender, and two) Because Galaxy is now exploded by Shivans, those poor huges have to settle with undersized bathrooms. Oof.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Abraxus said:

Nice find! 

ITF is some serious XP. With a 2XP boost, I went from 42-50 in a Kill All ITF. Dare I say it was faster than my Comic Con Farms.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

To belabor the point not everyone reads the official website.

(I don't until after I've run the related content)

I was that way with dungeons in WoW. There was this common attitude in that game that, before you join a group to run dungeons or raids, you'd better have "done your research". Which meant, of course, watching the YouTube videos posted by the elite world-first guilds so that you would know, and be prepared for, everything in the dungeon/raid.

Nah, not me. These are "roleplaying" games, and I liked to approach that stuff the same way I would if I were a real live adventurer: I don't know what's in there, but I'mma go kill it. And I never got a group killed by being "unprepared". Then again, I may have been better than most at quickly evaluating situations and coming up with the best (or at least non-detrimental) actions in response. I mean, I don't think it takes too much brains to notice, "hey, I'm standing in fire, I should move out of this", but apparently it's less common than I thought.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3