I never knew that!!!

Coin

12 hours ago, Midnight Blue Mage said:

TIL that if your costume has a tail, it will be visible while wearing the Paragon Protector Costume Power

spacer.png

(Adorable!)

This, I knew.

Screenshot from 2010:

1755608850_tailproblem.jpg.c1196d1e5e932e8bc8a697bc52da75c9.jpg

• Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

18 hours ago, Midnight Blue Mage said:

TIL that if your costume has a tail, it will be visible while wearing the Paragon Protector Costume Power

There are also some other quirks along that line -- in the mission from Matthew Habashy where you go into the Hellion hideout after information, characters with tails retain them in their disguise, and if you're a Mastermind, your tier-1 pet will accompany you into the mission ("Yes, I'm a Hellion, just like all the rest of you; ignore the combat robot following me around"), and in that mission and the other low-level mission where you link into an office's security cameras while an NPC talks to a Hellion boss, if you have one of the buff pets you can still activate the power after entering the mission.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

in the mission from Matthew Habashy where you go into the Hellion hideout after information, characters with tails retain them in their disguise

Also, any weapon you're carrying when you enter will still be in your hands.

• 1 month later

Well, here's something I didn't know, although I suspect it's fairly recent.

When the hell did we get the chance to change the colours on power pools???!?!?!???!?!

And all the other powers, like Super Speed and Super Jump??

Finally, after all the years of big yellow pompoms for Hasten I can adapt the colours to Coin's Black/Blue design! 😄 😄 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coin said:

Finally, after all the years of big yellow pompoms for Hasten I can adapt the colours to Coin's Black/Blue design!

Forget that, minimal FX for Hasten and Super Speed.

I don't remember if pool customization was i23 or announced for i24, but it was well after the regular power customization.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, siolfir said:

Forget that, minimal FX for Hasten and Super Speed.

I don't remember if pool customization was i23 or announced for i24, but it was well after the regular power customization.

I don't think Power Pool customization was around during I23. I am glad that I can color coordinate the pool powers with the rest of the power colors on my characters now.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:28 PM, EmmySky said:

They implemented the power customization before I left the game and that was in early 2010.

Power Customization I knew about.

Power POOL customization, that's new to me! Don't think it was ever in live but it's in i15 at least so I'm a happy little hero now 🙂

• Like 1

Power pool, Epic power pool, and Patron power pool customization was part of the changes in Issue 24. This issue was still on the beta server when the game shut down, and never actually made it live. The issue was basically done when the game shut down, though there are some parts of it that are still buggy since they didn't get as much testing as was needed (such as the new Paladin event in Kings Row).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I looked at that back door yesterday and was like mebbe? Nah.  Now I gotta do it lol

I was hoping it would lead to a back hallway or a super secret area with snacks or a continental breakfast or something, but it deposits you right in the front foyer as though you used the front door.  No foods 😞

On 11/25/2019 at 4:50 PM, Coin said:

Power Customization I knew about.

Power POOL customization, that's new to me! Don't think it was ever in live but it's in i15 at least so I'm a happy little hero now 🙂

I don't believe it was ever made live. If I remember right it was a feature added for the final issue that never got past the test servers. 

Remember the "secret room" in PI below the arena?  There was some convoluted way to get there that, IIRC, involved super speeding to a specific point on the boundary of the PI map.

Anyway, it's a lot easier to get to today, just go into the arena and click on a door.

Edited to add - this was AKA "the Matrix room".  Go visit and you'll see why.

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Remember the "secret room" in PI below the arena?  There was some convoluted way to get there that, IIRC, involved super speeding to a specific point on the boundary of the PI map.

Anyway, it's a lot easier to get to today, just go into the arena and click on a door.

Edited to add - this was AKA "the Matrix room".  Go visit and you'll see why.

I always liked the Matrix room, good to know you can go there now without all the shenanigans—even if those shenanigans were half the fun.

Edited by Ulysses Dare

On 10/16/2019 at 3:45 PM, Christopher Robin said:

Well this is probably common knowledge here but just in case it isn't I remember the first time I started noticing

ALL of  the cops had names that were a play on cops (and the actors that play them) from pop culture TV and movies.

i.e. Detective Westbrush = Eastwood

Croquette and Basins = Crokett and Tubbs from Miami Vice etc etc

Detective Freitag = German word for Friday (Dragnet) who talks about "just the facts."

There's one that references Robocop too I think Murphy

and a Martins that is probably Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon.

Back in 05 when I started playing I remember at one point going around

to all the various precincts and trying to figure them out.

I just wanted to bring up my personal favorite - Selnum in PI, which is a portmanteau of Selleck and Magnum (title character from Magnum, PI).

Since PI is an island, it's appropriate that they stuck with the Hawaii theme for Selnum's partner whose name followed the same pattern - McLord (McGarrett, the character's name in Hawaii 5-0 and the actor Jack Lord).

• Like 3