I never knew that!!!

Coin

51 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

I just wanted to bring up my personal favorite - Selnum in PI, which is a portmanteau of Selleck and Magnum (title character from Magnum, PI).

Since PI is an island, it's appropriate that they stuck with the Hawaii theme for Selnum's partner whose name followed the same pattern - McLord (McGarrett, the character's name in Hawaii 5-0 and the actor Jack Lord).

Hah! Selnum, you're right, I remember him now.

They even got his 'stache correct. It wouldn't be a Magnum parody without the 'stache. HmWYqjbR_o.gif

• Like 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 11/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, boggo2300 said:

I thought we were supposed to blame Manga?

(OMG I typoed Magna as Mange, thats rough!)

Worse you typed Manga as Magna on your way to claiming you typed Mange! rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Haha 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Just now, Christopher Robin said:

Worse you typed Manga as Magna on your way to claiming you typed Mange! rs4wmRnk_o.gif

I may have corrected it before deciding to share the anecdote,  but honestly in all the excitement I forgot...  wow now channelling Dirty Harry? I'm having a week!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

• 2 weeks later

Here is something I'm ashamed to admit I suspected but never verified until recently:

During Flashback missions, after selecting the mission you have the option to teleport to the contact via the Pillar. After doing a few low-level flashback arcs, I got lazy and verified that after the first mission in an arc I can open a portal to Ouroboros and still use a Pillar there to teleport back to the contact to get their telephone number. This is much faster than working back to the contact in many circumstances, especially at low levels or in zones where the first mission in the arc  is >0.5 miles away from the contact.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, tidge said:

Here is something I'm ashamed to admit I suspected but never verified until recently:

During Flashback missions, after selecting the mission you have the option to teleport to the contact via the Pillar. After doing a few low-level flashback arcs, I got lazy and verified that after the first mission in an arc I can open a portal to Ouroboros and still use a Pillar there to teleport back to the contact to get their telephone number. This is much faster than working back to the contact in many circumstances, especially at low levels or in zones where the first mission in the arc  is >0.5 miles away from the contact.

If you use the Base Pillar, it does both. No need to use one pillar to start the flashback, and the other to TP to contact.

1 hour ago, Roderick said:

If you use the Base Pillar, it does both. No need to use one pillar to start the flashback, and the other to TP to contact.

The TP to Ouroboros is on a shorter cycle than Base Teleport (no sgaccess being used by my toons).

6 hours ago, tidge said:

The TP to Ouroboros is on a shorter cycle than Base Teleport (no sgaccess being used by my toons).

There's a slash command that lets you into any base with a passcode. Doesn't require a cast time or recharge. Sorry, I don't remember it at the moment. I'll add it if I remember before anyone else posts it.

Edit: Here it is:  

On 7/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, LaconicLemur said:

- To go to a base without using the Base Teleporter power: /Enter_base_from_passcode [passcode word-codenum] (ex. "lemurbase-9296")

Edited by Roderick

3 hours ago, Roderick said:

There's a slash command that lets you into any base with a passcode. Doesn't require a cast time or recharge. Sorry, I don't remember it at the moment. I'll add it if I remember before anyone else posts it.

Here's my lazy admission... on most of my toons I keep a Cimerora mission active so I can use my mission porter power to get there since there is no direct teleport to that zone.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

21 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Here's my lazy admission... on most of my toons I keep a Cimerora mission active so I can use my mission porter power to get there since there is no direct teleport to that zone.

I use the LFG tab. I lock the group, just myself, and it will TP to Cimerora and I use it for other TF contacts too, moonfire is great. 

Edited by Broken_Prey
  • Like 4

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

17 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

This is a travesty, really. This game needs teleporter beacons to Cimerora, like yesterday.

• Like 2

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

• 3 weeks later
On 10/11/2019 at 5:02 AM, boggo2300 said:

Future Penelope Yin!  it's a closed loop time paradox!!!!!

ok it's not, but it would be cool!

On 10/11/2019 at 5:57 PM, THEDarkTyger said:

If by "cool" you mean "Disturbingly gross"........

Would it be less disturbing if it were Future Penelope Yin of Praetoria?

6 minutes ago, Zombie Hustler said:

Would it be less disturbing if it were Future Penelope Yin of Praetoria?

I don't think the words "less disturbing" should ever appear in the same sentence as "Penelope Yin" just on general principles

• Haha 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 10/11/2019 at 5:25 AM, Wintercat said:

I just learned the other day who Penelope Yin's mother is....

Aha!!! 😀 But which  Penelope Yin are you referring to? Primal, Praetorian, Axis Earth? 😉

The line below is spoken by Lieutenant David Wincott (Primal Earth, The hollows)

" Your first assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to hit the streets and put the hurt on the Outcasts "

That line contains a reference to good old classic Mission: Impossible, which I failed to pick up on right away. 😄

Edited by Panthonca7034
Contributing to the topic

• 3 weeks later

Well...  This is my first MMO so I don't have "years" on it.  But I've been playing several months, so here goes:

When I first started playing, I was made (vaguely) aware of Dual and Team insp drops and that they were disabled by default.  Since I didn't really know what an "insp" was at the time (but I knew what a "drop" was since I've played video games since Pong) I didn't pay much attention.

Recently I decided that I was tired of my insp trays being clogged by small drops so I decided to turn them off.  Imagine my surprise while doing this when I noticed that Dual and Team insp drops can be turned on for a mere 200K!?!?!?

All of this occurs at the P2W agent, btw.

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

• 4 weeks later

Just last night realized you can bootstrap yourself into Ouroboros to get the "Trusted with the Secret" badge (and thus access to the Ouro teleport power) using your base pylon. 

• Take the base pylon to Echo of Galaxy City
  • Travel power to the train station in EoGC
  • Pick "Ouroboros 15-50" off the train destination list.
  • Get the badge atop the arch and now you can port to Ouro at will (although there's a cooldown).
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 2:34 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

Most people are familiar with the Dev game room in Faultline, but there is also a Dev office buried under Grandville.

Though that screenshot is out of date. Once people found it, it got trashed and is now not much more than the lair of an Arachnoid.

11 minutes ago, SarahTheM1 said:

Though that screenshot is out of date. Once people found it, it got trashed and is now not much more than the lair of an Arachnoid.

It's a current screenshot. But yeah, it's been neglected.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

15 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Care to provide directions on how to get there ...?  👀

I haven't been down there in ages, but ParagonWiki says:
"In Grandville deep in the tunnels under the zone at coordinates 2420, -672, -1200, can be found a Developer's Dungeon, with cubes for most of the design team. The nearest entry to the tunnels is at 3335, -545, 1046. "

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

16 hours ago, Redlynne said:

39 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

I haven't been down there in ages, but ParagonWiki says:
"In Grandville deep in the tunnels under the zone at coordinates 2420, -672, -1200, can be found a Developer's Dungeon, with cubes for most of the design team. The nearest entry to the tunnels is at 3335, -545, 1046. "

It's easiest to get to from the tunnels northern end out in The Fab.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

17 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Considering this end of the entrance is in the Fab, mobs here will be 46-50, so you'll want to be high level yourself or have some kind of stealth. The tunnel itself does not have any wondering/patrolling mobs, though you may run into bomb floating in the corridor on your way. As has been mentioned in upthread, there are usually 1 or more arachnoids milling about in the abandoned office.

1. Head to The Fab in Grandville, find the ramp near the flyer and make your way to the bottom.

Forgotten_Office_1.thumb.JPG.d335fe2d945c0c8e6510645ac10f0ea4.JPG

2. At bottom of ramp is an open doorway, go through it and turn to the right and you will see the beginning of the tunnel. Follow the tunnel until your reach the corner in step 3.

Forgotten_Office_2.thumb.JPG.93fdf795568cf6f3adc512dcc8937703.JPG

3. Once you get to this corner on the map, pass through the gap between the two sets of piping and follow the narrow corridor to the left.

Forgotten_Office_3.thumb.JPG.e73d273647767fc3eea8888333defe57.JPG

While you're down here, I recommend exploring the rest of the underground tunnels towards Grandville. There are a lot of places to explore, but also more mobs.

• Thanks 1