First 50 Alpha choice

stsai465

I took my first char to 50 and I think I have enough Incarnate mats to make an Alpha Slot.  However, none of the Alphas look like they work with my character.  The character is an AR/Dev blaster, so I would think damage and accuracy are the key attributes, but none of the enhancements (ie, their advanced versions) seem to make any use of the character.  Any thoughts as to which work for a blaster's first chocie?

Musculature will just straight up add damage to every attack, if that's what you wanna do.

Do you have end problems? Cardiac would help with that...

I forget off the top of my head what agility does, but I think it would fit in with your build (maybe).

The safe bet, is probably musculature because once you get it higher, it's just even more damage.

If you can , build your alpha with shards ...not threads. It ends up saving threads in the long run  , and you can get notice of the well from trials.

Edited by Darth_Helmet
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, stsai465 said:

I took my first char to 50 and I think I have enough Incarnate mats to make an Alpha Slot.  However, none of the Alphas look like they work with my character.  The character is an AR/Dev blaster, so I would think damage and accuracy are the key attributes, but none of the enhancements (ie, their advanced versions) seem to make any use of the character.  Any thoughts as to which work for a blaster's first chocie?

Musculature. It allows you to easy off on directly enhancing damage and use a wider range in order to get better bonuses. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

There are two things you can do with any incarnate ability: shore up weaknesses or improve core functions.  Musculature would improve your core function of being a damage dealer.  The only other thing I might even consider  among the alphas is Spiritual,  which gives more recharge.   I went with Musculature on my archery/dev blaster FWIW.

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

17 hours ago, Ael said:

Musculature for blasters. Pretty much always.

I went with Intuition Radial for my Ice blaster. I had to wait until tier 3 for the damage buff, but it also buffs holds and range which Musculature doesn't, and picks up a slow buff in tier 4.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Think about Alpha as an enhancement invisibly slotted into every power that can take said enhancement.

For example building and slotting Musculature Alpha Core Paragon is like slotting a +Dam enhancement into every power that can take a +Dam, and  a +Immobilize enhancement into every power that can take +Immobilize.

It is partially affected by ED, and it DOES count as an enhancement (rather than global) for the purposes of PPM.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, stsai465 said:

none of the enhancements (ie, their advanced versions) seem to make any use of the character.

That's OK. Higher-tier Alpha powers enhance multiple things, but most builds are only really interested in one or two of those effects.

Musculature Core Paragon enhances damage, -def, and immobilize, but it's worth taking just for the damage bonus. If you have some -def and immobilize too, great, but that's just gravy.