Fire/Tactical Arrow survivable blastroller, perma-hasten, s/l/e/n and ranged softcap, no winter IOs

noogens2

I loved controllers and dominators on live but Blasters received such a buff that they are becoming my favorite AT.  The I always tried to do blastroller builds with controllers before,  but with the blaster buffs, I can roll a true blastroller.  Fire blast is the highest damage primary and tactical arrow is very strong (maybe overtuned).

Glue arrow + Rain of fire is great soft control and damage combo.  The current version of ESD Arrow is a great AOE hold that has a slighlty smaller radius than controller holds but more than compensates by having a much shorter recharge time (90s vs 240s).  Damage slotted electrified arrow helps with lower level attack chains and those times when AV's like to run.  

Features of this build

• Perma-hasten
  • soft capped to smash/lethal/energy/negative/ranged  - most of the attacks in the game
  • only skips one power in tactical arrow so you can use all the toys
  • if you're a flyer, you can sub combat jumping and superspeed for hover/fly
  • sustain 8/9 toggles without issue while attacking non-stop
  • totally flexible with incarnate powers although I do recommend anything with damage for the alpha slot.   

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Tactical Arrow
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Electrified Net Arrow -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(13), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(13), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 4: Glue Arrow -- Slow-I(A), Slow-I(23)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(15)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 10: Upshot -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(25)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), Ksm-ToHit+(39)
Level 16: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(33), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Eagle Eye -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), EndMod-I(31), EndMod-I(39)
Level 22: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(36), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Knock%(23)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam(34), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(45)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(29), Apc-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Agility -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43), LucoftheG-Def(43)
Level 38: Gymnastics -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 41: Ice Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 44: ESD Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Knock%(50)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-End%(40)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Because most people use stealth for a lotg mule, and that plus a stealth IO in sprint equals full invisibility....No need for flash arrow for stealthing missions with that combo. Also a stealth IO in SS accomplishes the same thing without the need for stealth at all.

Also, when fighting +4 content, the -to-hit from flash arrow is resisted to near uselessness. 2% better chance to avoid being hit by minions is not worth potentially sacrificing some big damage attacks, lotg mules, or something else equally life-changing. Heck, on my ar/ta, even Hasten was sacrificed on the altar of survivability/dps.

Edited by Frostweaver

11 hours ago, Display Name said:

Generally, I see people preferring to skip "Flash Arrow."  Why is this?  This is the first time I've used /Tactical Arrow.

It’s a decent power at low levels when everyone  lacks defenses but it’s the least needed power at steamrolling incarnate levels.  I’d also argue that the hold powers are not as essential so that’s why I take them so late in the build.  You can also use flash arrow to help stealth-click mission glowies but having super speed + stealth IO + soft capped defenses negates the need for it for me.  You could always swap out assault if you really like the power. 

• 2 weeks later
On 10/14/2019 at 2:37 AM, noogens2 said:

I loved controllers and dominators on live but Blasters received such a buff that they are becoming my favorite AT.  The I always tried to do blastroller builds with controllers before,  but with the blaster buffs, I can roll a true blastroller.  Fire blast is the highest damage primary and tactical arrow is very strong (maybe overtuned).

Glue arrow + Rain of fire is great soft control and damage combo.  The current version of ESD Arrow is a great AOE hold that has a slighlty smaller radius than controller holds but more than compensates by having a much shorter recharge time (90s vs 240s).  Damage slotted electrified arrow helps with lower level attack chains and those times when AV's like to run.  

Features of this build

• Perma-hasten
  • soft capped to smash/lethal/energy/negative/ranged  - most of the attacks in the game
  • only skips one power in tactical arrow so you can use all the toys
  • if you're a flyer, you can sub combat jumping and superspeed for hover/fly
  • sustain 8/9 toggles without issue while attacking non-stop
  • totally flexible with incarnate powers although I do recommend anything with damage for the alpha slot.   

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Tactical Arrow
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Electrified Net Arrow -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(13), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(13), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17)
Level 4: Glue Arrow -- Slow-I(A), Slow-I(23)
Level 6: Rain of Fire -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(15)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 10: Upshot -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(25)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), Ksm-ToHit+(39)
Level 16: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(33), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Eagle Eye -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), EndMod-I(31), EndMod-I(39)
Level 22: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(36), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Knock%(23)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam(34), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(45)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(29), Apc-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Agility -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43), LucoftheG-Def(43)
Level 38: Gymnastics -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 41: Ice Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 44: ESD Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Knock%(50)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-End%(40)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Hi looking for a build  came across this - do you not have more than 5 7.5% recharge's?

1 hour ago, Arctyc said:

Hi looking for a build  came across this - do you not have more than 5 7.5% recharge's?

Luck of the gambler recharge bonuses are considered separate from other 7.5 recharge bonuses. It actually has a differently named bonus in the description which is the key. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, noogens said:

Luck of the gambler recharge bonuses are considered separate from other 7.5 recharge bonuses. It actually has a differently named bonus in the description which is the key. 

TY - I did not know this!