FourSpeed

The Low Budget Introduction to Fire Farming.

9 hours ago, Vespers said:

Thanks for this guide.  I followed it as much as possible with my claws/fire brute and it got me to level 50 and slowly decking myself out in purple stuff pretty quickly.  0 investment from other characters although I got a bit of a handout from a good Samaritan at one point.  My current computer is just too old to support dual boxing but I'm getting my new laptop in the next 2 days so ill start powerleveling some alts soon. 

Super. I'm glad you found the guide helpful.  🙂 

Cheers,

Very cool guide!  I built a Spines/Fire brute to make influence to fuel my altitis and have just been going by "what seems right".  It's nice to see hard data like this. I'll be making some alterations (he's 32 at the moment) and should see a nice increase in what he's capable of.  Again, thanks!

Sky-Hawke: Street/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2020 at 3:41 PM, Skyhawke said:

Very cool guide!  I built a Spines/Fire brute to make influence to fuel my altitis and have just been going by "what seems right".  It's nice to see hard data like this. I'll be making some alterations (he's 32 at the moment) and should see a nice increase in what he's capable of.  Again, thanks!

Thanks - glad you found it helpful.

If your "alterations" prove effective, it would be great to see the build posted here for other folks to see as well.  As mentioned in the earlier conversation with Robopop, I find it interesting to see how other folks approach some of the various trade-offs involved (and there were plenty with the LBFF build).

Of course, if those changes are primarily involved with adding Purple, ATO, and Procs enhancements, then, sure, we know that will help effectiveness, but it would also put the build more in line with Warlawk's uber farm thread as those items go well beyond the intended purpose of  "LB"ff.  😉  That's still interesting mind you, and a great next step for a personal LBFF build once they can afford it, but I'd be much more interested in power picks or slotting changes that stay within the low budget focus of this guide while still improving the overall performance of the build.

In any case, thanks for the shoutout, and best wishes on your LBFF going forward! 

Cheers,

Edited by FourSpeed

One question though: I tried running the tip missions and didn't get any reward merits for them.  Did that get changed at some point?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

One question though: I tried running the tip missions and didn't get any reward merits for them.  Did that get changed at some point?

Not as far as I know.  Keep in mind that you only get merits for running the Morality Mission.  The Alignment missions just give you normal xp, and alignment "credit" -- ie. after 10 "credits", you'll get a morality mission. When you run that one, you'll get 40 merits, it will affirm your alignment, reset the alignment "credits" and the process starts over again.

You can find more info --> here      (PS> Bear in mind that info was for "Live" and is a bit outdated now, but the basics are correct)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Edited by FourSpeed

Excellent, thanks!  I was indeed confused about what gave what with morality missions.