Personal Issue with AE and the slower slog of normal content.

eldriyth

1 minute ago, Frostbiter said:

Am I?

Yes

It suspiciously sounds like you're telling other people what I think.

That's absolutely what I'm doing.

Please provide some evidence in the form of my posts that back this up.

You disapprove of farming builds entirely, so a logical(and correct) conclusion is you disapprove of content specifically made to take advantage of/exploit such builds.

Because if I want you to know what I think I'll fucking tell you.

I already know what you think.

1 minute ago, MunkiLord said:

Yes

That's absolutely what I'm doing.

You disapprove of farming builds entirely, so a logical(and correct) conclusion is you disapprove of content specifically made to take advantage of/exploit such builds.

I already know what you think.

So you agree that its exploitation. Good to know. Hey everyone munkilord says all those builds are exploitative.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Just now, Frostbiter said:

So you agree that its exploitation. Good to know. Hey everyone munkilord says all those builds are exploitative.

See being disingenuous again. I didn't say those builds were exploitative, I said content was made to exploit them. You just intentionally misrepresented what I said. It's cool you disagree, but your word would carry more weight if you were honest. 

• Like 2

Yeah, and?

My all electric Dominator exploits enemies weak to energy.

Psi based characters exploit most of the enemies in the game.

So?

You say this like it's some epiphany or something.

Some builds exploit some enemies in the game.

Duh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

See being disingenuous again. I didn't say those builds were exploitative, I said content was made to exploit them. You just intentionally misrepresented what I said. It's cool you disagree, but your word would carry more weight if you were honest. 

I'm glad I have you around to speak for me. Keeps me from having to post myself. Go on, what else do I not like about AE, farms or builds?

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

I'm glad I have you around to speak for me. Keeps me from having to post myself. Go on, what else do I not like about AE, farms or builds?

Your disapproval of farm builds is in your post history, you said that yourself. And me pointing out you lying isn't speaking for you, just demonstrating a verifiable fact from posts on this page. 

• Like 1

I don't see AE as a problem at all.  Back on live, I had a lot of fun writing strange and fun arcs (though the only one I remember clearly was Hemingway's Suitcase in which the intrepid hero got to defeat Gertrude Stein, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and other literary greats of Modern American lit.), and I thoroughly enjoyed happening across truly great arcs by our fellow COXers. 

I'm not big on PL, buuuuut, since coming back, I have to admit that I was borderline obsessed with rebuilding my main and a couple of other favorites from live.  Yes, yes, I did the deed and went to AE farms, though not on my main (for obvious reason).  And I don't regret it for one second.  These are characters and powersets I know and love, and if I needed to scarf a few levels from a farm to get them back, I was willing to do it.  I'm not a big door sitter, so I rarely stayed for more than a few levels (to get THAT power), but it was worth it.

As of now, I have exactly one 50 (my main, who was my main on live, too, but now she's better than ever--to me).  My other faves are lined up and ready to get to 50, and if I decide that I want to help them along by partaking in the kindness of farmers, I happily and gratefully will do so.

In another instance, I needed to get a plant/kin troll to lvl 20 because I needed SB for a group I run with.  I've run a bazillion plant trolls (love love love them!) and half a bazillion /kins.  I don't feel that I need to slog through the first 20 lvls when I know exactly what I want and how the sets work, including together, not my first rodeo on a plant/kin, either.  A helpful farmer, who was also hilarious fun, helped me along the way, and I had fun door sitting (and face-planting, my joke was that my toon, Power Plant should have been called Power Face Plant).  Anyway, mission accomplished, my toon is at 20, and I am happy.  She won't see the inside of AE again except to get the Day Job or run a friend's arc for the Eight badge, etc.

You don't have to blast to 50 in AE, you can go in with a certain goal and then leave when that goal is achieved.

That said, I have zero problem with people farming or being farmed.  New players learn soon enough that a near instant 50 on a toon you don't know how to play or how to slot is not fun.  Hopefully, rather than give up, they will give the actual game a shot, but if not, they weren't really going to stick around anyway.  And there are people who take great pride in having "x" number of 50s, that's okay, too. 

Needless to say, the PI farms on live before AE were a nightmare and the bridging stuff was stupid, and I'm glad all that's gone.  Door sit in a PI Maria Jenkins arc or in an AE farm?  My vote's for AE farms all day every day . . . even if I never choose to PL again (which I probably will, within limits I set for myself that reflect a current toon's needs). 

Edited by Tahliah
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Well yeah, I pointed that out a few posts ago. Also pointed out what you were thinking somewhere on the last few pages. So been there, done that.

What specific post was me lying? and lying about what? I insist that you back up the claim that I've told some sort of lie in the last page or two. Point it out and then explain why it's a lie.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

1 minute ago, MunkiLord said:

I already pointed out when you intentionally misrepresented what I said. It's all there on this page. 

You did that to me too. I guess we're both liars, liar.

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

On 10/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, DSorrow said:

I haven't farmed in AE or anywhere else so far on Homecoming because I know from experience in retail CoX that it's very likely I won't ever get into characters I just power leveled to 50 and leveling up with the DXP is plenty fast (15-20 hours to 50). Besides, if I'm going to play a character to 50, I'm going to get all the passive accolades so getting them done while leveling ends up being roughly as efficient as PLing to 50 and then getting the accolades. Also, with most builds I can usually tell pretty early on if it's something I actually like playing, and it doesn't feel as bad to abandon a mid 20s character as it does abandoning a 50.

However, if somebody else wants to farm, then it's good to have that option for them. For example, I could see myself PLing characters to 50 if I was interested in PvP and I wanted to roll something new purely for PvP.

But see this makes the assumption that people only power level to level 50 before playing their toons. I power level to like late 20s early 30s. Then normally slot up that character with IOs and take him or her on the road and see how I like it. It is minimal time or money investment, and gives me a much better idea of how the character performs because you start playing at the point that the game starts to get more challenging with more challenging enemies then you face in the early part of the game when the game assumes you have less powers and slotting. 

Then if I like how that character plays, I either keep playing it, or finish it to 50 and build it out and play it for incarnates and doing exemplar stuff with friends. If I choose to make a character and play it backwards, the game allows for that in its design. Just because it is how I choose to do it makes it neither right nor wrong. The premise of the opinion that PLing needs to be stopped starts with the idea that it is wrong. I am not saying someone that chooses to play 1-50 is wrong. I am saying it is there choice, that choice effects me not in one bit. Just as my choice doesn't effect them in one bit. We should be both free to make our own choices. 

• Like 2

• City Council
Just now, roleki said:

Isn't this where someone steps in to remind everyone that there's no fighting in the War Room?

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

But yes, please cease debating about who's a lying liar who lies or I'll put the thread to bed.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Let's go ahead and do that then. Because its apparently a fucking joke now when I get attacked by other posters.

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG: