Graphics Card / GPU Survey

GM Dredd

I may have replied before. This is my current info.

Needed info:

Manufacturer: XFX

Model: Rx6900xt

Operating System and version: Win 11 pro 22000.795

Does the game load (and error you get if not): Loads with no error

Optional info you like:

Driver Version: Driver Version 22.10.17.01-220517a-379487E-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition

Monitor Resolution: 3840*2160 (4k)

Multi-monitor?: Yes 2x 4k

Graphics Preset Used: Custom. Everything maxed and on except depth of field (dont like it)

Overall experience (any stuttering, glitching, etc or smooth sailing): Runs smooth - my prior gpu 1080 ti stuttered and I needed to reduce settings

Any steps taken to resolve issues you encountered (both those that worked and those that didn't): No issues. Performance is ok but would be better on a newer game engine/api.

** Asus Crosshair TUF x570, Ryzen 5950x, Corsair H1500i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4 3200, XFX RX6900Xt, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, 2x NVME 1TB/2TB, 12TB HDD **

** Lenovo Y720 **

Also, announced this elsewhere.

If you were looking to upgrade your graphics card, NOW is the time to do so.

NVIDIA is holding off on the release of their 4000 series card and is pushing the market to clear old stock.

So prices are down DRASTICALLY.  At ALL tiers.  In some cases, at or below MSRP.

Here's EVGA.

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0

If you're looking at the inexpensive end, the GTX 1650 SUPER is sitting at $200.
And that's the SUPER, the original 1650 is even lower.

3080 12GB units are under a thousand bucks.

3060 12GB Units are $400

You can hit Newegg to see similar price drops.

Note: This is NOT just NVIDIA-only.
AMD is dropping prices on their products to match.

And, if you don't mind taking a risk on heavily abused mining gear, you can find steep discounts on EBay.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Oh yeah, may as well.

Needed info:

Manufacturer: NVIDIA  (Yes a FE.)

Model: 3070 TI

Operating System and version: Windows 11 Version: 21H2  Build: 22000.795

Does the game load (and error you get if not): Loads just fine.  RARE occasional crashes.  Chalk it up to random Windows crap.

Optional info you like:

Driver Version: 511.79

Monitor Resolution: 3x  3840x2160  All in PORTRAIT mode (2160 WIDE x 3840 HIGH)

Multi-monitor?: Yes

Graphics Preset Used:  NVSurround to merge  3x screens into a single contiguous desktop.

Overall experience (any stuttering, glitching, etc or smooth sailing): Smooth as a baby's bottom.

Any steps taken to resolve issues you encountered (both those that worked and those that didn't): Game won't run full-screen due to my screwy setup.  So I run in Windowed mode and simply have the window dragged out to full "screen".

Screens_A.thumb.jpg.9c108f11027b13c7baf8ab4caaae17c5.jpg

Repel-Ball.thumb.jpg.0aa9ef4161b5721ff086234b37f2e7c5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 4/25/2019 at 11:31 AM, GM Dredd said:

Hey folks,

If you could please reply to this topic with your graphics card / gpu info and your experience with the game it will help us with diagnosis of problems and getting newcomers on-board, thank you!

To get your OS Version info - Mac users look in the Apple Menu for About This Mac, Windows users can open a run box (Windows Key + R) and enter Winver and click OK.

Needed info:

Manufacturer: Apple

Model: Mac studio 2022, 32 core GPU, M1 Max CPU, 64 GB ram, Metal GPU Family Apple 7

Operating System and version: MacOS 12.4 Monterey

Does the game load (and error you get if not): Game loads fine.

Optional info you like:

Driver Version: n/a

Monitor Resolution: 5120 x 1440

Multi-monitor?: Ultra-wide 49" monitor

Graphics Preset Used: C49RG9x monitor profile, 100 Hz refresh rate, set, not scaled, not set for variable refresh rate, Apple's implementation of  variable refresh rate (AKA Freesync AKA Adaptive Sync) causes lots of trouble with screen flickering and other weirdness.   

Overall experience (any stuttering, glitching, etc or smooth sailing): Smooth sailing except for one thing... ultra wide 49" monitor third person point of view scaling Is stuck at normal monitor scaling for a 27" monitor. This effectively cuts the distance I'm able to zoom out by half, which is detrimental to gameplay. I strategically use the camera to zoom in and out during combat, but with the 49" monitor there's not much zooming out... it's a handicap for sure. My guess is the scaling is based on the horizontal distance or field of view, so the game thinks it's dealing with a normal proportioned monitor. Also the tops and bottoms of cutscenes are cut off. Basically take the vertical height and cut it in half. Black bars half-covering their faces, etc.

Any steps taken to resolve issues you encountered (both those that worked and those that didn't): I did try /renderscale to scale the 3D world rendered relative to my screen size, but no apparent effect. Also tried /rendersize, /renderscaley, and /renderscalex to no effect.

Needed info:

Manufacturer: Nvidia

Model: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060

Operating System and version: 

Does the game load (and error you get if not): Game loads fine.

image.png.f272b2e01be1ca6b5a50f31e41bbb551.png

image.png.a2d22de56cfc0926d8a15da34fa916e3.png

Before anyone shames... when I built my PC,  the video card I got was all I could afford (and about the best one that was in stock...stupid pandemic and "chip shortage")

GPU: ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX1650
CPU: Intel Core i9-10850k ( 5.0 ghz)

MoBo : ASUS Prime Z490-P
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb (2x16GB) ddr4 3600

CPU Cooler : Corsair Hydro Series H100x

Case: Corsair 4000D 

Fans: Corsair AF120 Blue LED (x3) Corsair AF120 (x1)

SSD: WD Black SN750 1TB

Running 1 Monitor ( HP 25f   1920x1080 @ 60Hz)

CPU Temp 34C

GPU Temp 42C

Running game at max settings. No issues.

Mac Pro M1 14"

GPU: Mac  🤘Metal  🤘  GPUFamily Apple 7

CPU: Mac M1 Pro 8-core CPU

Mobo: Mac 820-01700
Memory: 16GB

Fans: 2x internal fans + USB-powered external riser/heatsink pad with twin 4" fans

SSD: Apple AP0512R, 496GB

Monitor: builtin 3024x1964 Retina XDR

Running at High settings, no issues other than odd bit of network lag.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND MEDIOCRITIES!

Look out for me as: Miss Dream Weaver (Corr-Psi/Emp), Ranger Emily (Blaster-AR/Dev/Mun), Dr Amy Weaver MD (Corr-DP/Emp/Power), Dr Regan Sprungler (Sentinel-Beam/Ninja), Agatha Heterodyne (MM-Robots/Devices), Powerstar Gold (Blapper-Energy/Energy/Elec/Chaos/Puns), HarveyTWonderhamster (Tank-Rad/Titan) Elsa Van Arendelle (Domi-Ice/Ice/Showtunes)