Logout Timer

Is there any way to remove the "any keypress cancels the logout timer" nonsense that's been in the game since day 1? Make it so that only, say, escape will cancel it? I know it's less than 20 seconds at the most, but being able to tab while it counts down is handy... Staring at the screen unable to touch my keyboard even that long is stupid, IMO.

You can just go to a safe place and you'll be able to log out instantly.  Places like a train station, city hall, super group base and the like.  Click on log out, then no countdown timer.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

You can just go to a safe place and you'll be able to log out instantly.  Places like a train station, city hall, super group base and the like.  Click on log out, then no countdown timer.

It's an unnecessary annoyance even if it is only a minor one. I don't mind having a timer, it's the fact ANY keypress cancels it that annoys me. Having to take longer than the timer to move to a special place to logout with no timer is absolutely not a solution.

Edited by THEDarkTyger

• Retired Game Master

I suspect the fact that any key interrupts it is an artifact of the binding system where you can make any key activate an ability. Arguably, this is lazy design. It would be nice if only certain types of commands issued by the client interrupted the countdown (chatting, power activation and movement primarily). I've always found it obnoxious that you can't alt tab out of the game without interrupting the countdown. There's ways around that, but it's still annoying.

For reference, the way around the timer stopping when you alt-tab, is as follows:

1.) open quit menu (the one with three buttons, 'quit to login screen,' 'quit to character select,' and 'quit to desktop.')
2.) press and hold alt

3.) click your desired quit button

4.) Press tab -- window loses focus, preventing the tab key from interrupting the timer.