[Villainous] [25-33] Condemning Croatoa - Arc ID: 25869

Ankylosaur

Arachnos has been interested in the magical potential of Croatoa for some time, but can't gain access to the area. Rather than let the heroes get their hands on it, Arachnos wants to help the Red Caps shift Salamanca completely to the Spirit Realm. Will you be the one to help them? 

---

Finally just accepted there would not be a way to get more slots and published this under another account. Great to have it live! 

This story was sort of the reverse inspiration of my arc that brought the Coralax to heroes; this brought Croatoa to villains (back before any of the alignment options). Your contact is Veluta Lunata, who is slowly working her way back up into Ghost Widow's good graces. https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Veluta_Lunata 

She wants to help the Red Caps complete their plan (that basically heroes are constantly thwarting) and needs your help to make it happen.

SPOILERISH

As with most of my arcs I tried to do some things new for me at the time. I set up a scenario where you solo a Giant Monster with ally support. While it is quite possible to defeat him and worked, it was time consuming to collect the allies, so I have since made that optional. (I'm even thinking of scrapping it altogether). I also had some fun with destructible objects and triggered events. Plus it was fun to create a bunch of in-game well known named NPCs that don't appear in stories, here, as enemies for you to encounter. Hoping you'll enjoy it!

Feedback welcome and encouraged!

• Like 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

• 2 months later

Kyksie did a run through of this arc and posted in a different thread - just linking it here...

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

• 4 months later

I recently moved it to a new arc ID # to consolidate under one account. Its new ID is 25869 - updated the title of this thread too. The old number had two 5 star reviews - shame to lose those, but what can you do...

Old review of this... http://web.archive.org/web/20120905124437/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showpost.php?p=4353952&postcount=729

Edited by Ankylosaur

• Ankylosaur changed the title to [Villainous] [25-33] Condemning Croatoa - Arc ID: 25869
  • 1 month later

Condemning Croatoa has finally gotten its first play since I moved it to my main account and I received an awesome comment! I obscured the global but thank you for the kind words! 

Makes an authors day. 

image.png.91fe0dc1c67bd25e43ad8b686856b9f7.png

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 1