How to fix Electric blast

19 minutes ago, Troo said:

Trick Arrow

Still a great source of debuffs + oil slick arrow

16 minutes ago, Troo said:

Wow, folks get to choose what they want. If a player skips Rage on SS, is that not 'okay'?

This is a touchy subject but... I would argue no it's not. SS was designed to "work" with rage running much like MM sets are meant to have pets.

Can you do it? Sure! Will it make everything way harder than it should be? Yes.

4 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Still a great source of debuffs + oil slick arrow

This is a touchy subject but... I would argue no it's not. SS was designed to "work" with rage running much like MM sets are meant to have pets.

Can you do it? Sure! Will it make everything way harder than it should be? Yes.

TA is fairly bad though, I might even say in worse shape than electric blast. Four of your nine powers are significantly worse than the Tactical Arrow equivalent, and Flash Arrow is more or less the same (a whopping 1% more to-hit debuff for defenders). It's debuffs also aren't anything spectacular, lacking -regen, -special, -hp, or anything to make it stand out from the other debuff sets that offer more utility. Radiation does in two powers what TA can barely accomplish in four, and offers a lot more. 

All TA really has going for it is Oil Slick Arrow, and Bonfire on a blaster is better anyways, with 2/3 the recharge and a massive radius of 25 vs Oil Slick's 5' radius.

Edited by Bossk_Hogg
  • Sad 1

I just want to see the Elec pet last as long as the Dark Defender pet, an the hold buffed to either do on par DoT damage like Ice does, or give it a chain AoE effect.

I'm not opposed to other buffs, but if these two changes are made, I will be tickled pink.

If these two changes are made, I think the set will work just fine and shine its own light.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crysta Clear said:

Um. Making Tesla Cage chain is a ridiculously huge buff. Please do not do this. Blasters don't get to have AoE 3-magnitude holds on such a tiny recharge, when even Controllers and Dominators have 120-ish seconds on their AoE holds!

Weirdly enough, blasters have 90 second recharge on their mag 3 AE holds/stuns (vines, radioactive cloud, etc), while controllers have 240 second recharge on theirs. This should probably change, but that's the current situation.

I think Tesla Cage chaining a sleep would be OK, though of very questionable use. I'm more in favor of getting what sentinels got - moderate damage on their hold. 

Edited by Bossk_Hogg

2 hours ago, Crysta Clear said:

Please do not do this. Blasters don't get to have AoE 3-magnitude holds on such a tiny recharge

Not the hold, a damage chain reaction only. It was mentioned in more detail earlier in the thread.

• Like 1

1. Make Tesla Cage deal actual damage
  2. Boost Voltaic Sentinel in some way to make it either just better or more user friendly 
  3. Eyeball Short Circuit and TB animations or recharges

These seem to be the consensus so far

Stretch goals:

1. Add in a chain lightning ability. Currently, Zapp seems to be the forerunner for something that could chain attack but Tesla Cage has had mention too
  2. Change Aim into a new power with more thematic boosts to electric attacks.
  3. Tag all elec attacks as "EMP" to show robots who's boss
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:
  2. Boost Voltaic Sentinel in some way to make it either just better or more user friendly 

Stretch goals:

1. Add in a chain lightning ability. Currently, Zapp seems to be the forerunner for something that could chain attack but Tesla Cage has had mention too
  2. Change Aim into a new power with more thematic boosts to electric attacks.
  3. Tag all elec attacks as "EMP" to show robots who's boss

Sounds about right to me. Thanks for the recap update, Galaxy.

2 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

There is also the lack of difference between the various percentages of endurance drain across various archetypes, specifically defenders and corruptors, which stands out in comparison to all other debuffs from ranged powersets.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2019 at 7:29 PM, Bossk_Hogg said:

TA is fairly bad though, I might even say in worse shape than electric blast. Four of your nine powers are significantly worse than the Tactical Arrow equivalent, and Flash Arrow is more or less the same (a whopping 1% more to-hit debuff for defenders). It's debuffs also aren't anything spectacular, lacking -regen, -special, -hp, or anything to make it stand out from the other debuff sets that offer more utility. Radiation does in two powers what TA can barely accomplish in four, and offers a lot more. 

All TA really has going for it is Oil Slick Arrow, and Bonfire on a blaster is better anyways, with 2/3 the recharge and a massive radius of 25 vs Oil Slick's 5' radius.

Oilslick is NOT 5 ft radius.

1 hour ago, Leogunner said:

Have you ever even played Trick Arrow?  5ft is melee range!

Yes, to 50. I'm well aware it's bad. Have you played it? I note you still havent posted the levels of your electric blaster, defender or corrupter.

I ALSO note you STILL haven't addressed that four of the nine powers are worse than Tac Arrow's and one is essentially the same, and Bonfire is a pretty damn good replacement for it's one cool trick, with 2/3 the recharge.

How big do YOU think it is? The graphic is noticeably smaller than Disruption arrow, and the graphic for the burn is smaller than the slick. But dear lord, let's not make a QoL feature to have the slick light easier! 

Edited by Bossk_Hogg

3 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

Yes, to 50. I'm well aware it's bad. Have you played it? I note you still havent posted the levels of your electric blaster, defender or corrupter.

I ALSO note you STILL haven't addressed that four of the nine powers are worse than Tac Arrow's and one is essentially the same, and Bonfire is a pretty damn good replacement for it's one cool trick, with 2/3 the recharge.

Well if you have, you'd know the number displayed in MIDS is obviously wrong. By comparison, ice patch from ice melee is 10ft and it's obviously smaller than oil slick. I don't think electric blast has anything to do with that fact. 

As for Tactical Arrow, I've never played it. Still has nothing to do with oil slick not being 5'. 

As for Bonfire, that is a whole other can of worms and likely should be adjusted down or the effect of the IO altered. It's an overprerforming power mainly when coupled with the KB to KD IO compared to a lot of other similar powers like ice slick, ice patch, etc. Pushing that power to light to prep up your point is the exact definition of power creep : using the level of power of other sets and powers to justify other boosts. 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, Bossk_Hogg said:

You're wrong though. COH has a formula for damage powers, ntaking into account radius, recharge + arcanatime, and AT modifier. Range, animation time, and damage type aren't actually a factor, but even if they were, T Blast should deal more, with its long animation and shorter range than the other ranged nukes (60- vs 80).

Given that the area is the same for all the "standard" nukes, you can simply divide the total damage by recharge to find the coefficient.

Overcharge/Geyser (ranged): 219/125 = 1.75

Blackstar/Nova/Psychic Wail/etc (PBAE): 250.2/145 = 1.72

Thunderous Blast: 250.2/170 = 1.47

Based on the damage formula, thunderous blast deals about 85% of the damage it should do. This is an objective fact based on the rules of the game's design. Will you please stop fighting us on this? Sentinel Electric blast already has the right recharge, we just need the other sets to fall in line.

Good point.

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

6 hours ago, Leogunner said:

As for Tactical Arrow, I've never played it. Still has nothing to do with oil slick not being 5'. 

No, the question was what levels have you played Trick Arrow and Electric Blast to, and on what AT's. And how bug do YOU think Oil Slick is. 8' radius? 10? 15? It's not 25 as near as I can tell, and the burn is smaller. 

Also, relative performance is a valid metric for requesting buffs. The set is lackluster compared to other defender options and appallingly, a blaster secondary. Just like electric blast's damage is weaker but its survivability isn't substantially higher. And once everything is on relatively equal footing, we can add higher difficulty tiers to challenge everyone. Because if everything was dragged down to TA's performance level, people just wouldn't invite defenders...

Edited by Bossk_Hogg

8 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

No, the question was what levels have you played Trick Arrow and Electric Blast to, and on what AT's. And how bug do YOU think Oil Slick is. 8' radius? 10? 15? It's not 25 as near as I can tell, and the burn is smaller. 

Also, relative performance is a valid metric for requesting buffs. The set is lackluster compared to other defender options and appallingly, a blaster secondary. Just like electric blast's damage is weaker but its survivability isn't substantially higher. And once everything is on relatively equal footing, we can add higher difficulty tiers to challenge everyone. Because if everything was dragged down to TA's performance level, people just wouldn't invite defenders...

It's 25 ft.

If you weren't trying to be a damned miserable twat and just logged onto your supposed Trick Arrow character you have at 50 or just the test servers like I did, maybe you could see with your damned eyes rather than forcing me to download the whole damned game on this old laptop of mine on a fucking slug of a hotel wifi speed.

oilslick1.png.3d79bbba0d2fec27a72193d6a15c2844.pngoilslick2.png.5a61c1888d6d0525e79f3f9865f98527.png

Edited by Leogunner

7 minutes ago, Dragon Crush said:

Fun Fact - Intentionally being a jerk isn't a good way to get people to listen to support your positions.

Also, fire area at least appears much smaller than slick area.  Don't have a TA anything so can't say if visuals are off or if it in fact covers a smaller area.

Well frankly, I don't care.  I tried to simply correct the incorrect fact that Oilslick Arrow is 5ft radius (as you can clearly see).  Maybe had I not been called a troll, constantly had the point deflected by how many TA characters I currently have or whatever other bullshit and then spent MY TIME proving an obviously incorrect statement (I mean, does anyone, beyond a shadow of a doubt, believe Oilslick Arrow has a smaller radius than a armor-set damage aura like Death Shroud, which is 8ft radius, btw?), perhaps I would give a damn about being polite lol

And just incase you're in doubt, I made Defenders too just to make sure the AoE was the same and it is.  With controllers, I could lay down an Ice Slick (25ft) right over an Oilslick and they match sizes (with Oilslick looking a bit larger because the visual fx gradiens at the edges), the -def portion shows up on those foes at the edge of the ice all the same, which is the doing of the oil, not the ice.

Right, so back on topic of helping elec blast, I'd say triple the length of the -rec on most powers, make the +end for self proc more often, make short circuit activate a bit faster, up tesla cage's damage to match abyssal gaze's or improve it in another way and either make TB recharge faster or have it repeat the end drain a second later and 10 seconds of -rec so it can drain survivors on it's own.

I'd also like to see voltaic sentinel get several upgrades/tweaks to make it more worthwhile.

1) Double duration at least (if corresponding increase in recast goes with it, so be it).

2) If possible make it focus on your target

3) Increase it's move speed so it can better keep up

4)Have it provide a small buff while it's up, like +10% damage and +10% recharge. Fact that you can only have 1 sentinel at a time will prevent self-stacking.

4b) Or no buff, but allow us to have as many out as we can summon within duration.

5)Add more attacks to it's rotation, I'm thinking chain induction and jolting chain, with jolting chain perhaps having damage increased and KD chance dropped to 25%.

Edited by Dragon Crush
  • Like 1