Fire/ ?

jneely7

I think anything can work. Pick what you like.

Answers like this tend to be wishy-washy on other ATs, but the SCORE devs did a great job balancing Sentinel secondaries to be mostly even across the board.

IMHO, /bio will give you the maximum damage. and /invul will give you the maximum survivability.

Edited by nihilii

I would probably go for /Radiation, /Fire, /Bio, /WP, or /Ninjutsu.

Fire Blast is a powerful set with high endurance costs.

There is an entire thread dedicated to the damage potential of a Fire/Rad Sentinel. It hits hard and has solid protections.

Fire/Fire is the “Rise of the Phoenix is part of my combat rotation” meme. Less defense and some really nice bonus offense.

Bio would give you a nice combination of hybrid protections and added damage alongside bonus recovery. It’s an extremely active, clicky powerset, though.

Willpower is really tanky and likewise grants bonus recovery. It lacks the added damage of /Bio, but compensates by being extremely easy to play. You set your toggles and forget about your defenses unless you decided to pop a heal.

Fire/Nin would combine the damage of Fire Blast with pure defense, which is probably the strongest PvE mitigation available. You also get a baked-in stealth power, plenty of places to slap in LotG: Recharge IOs, and both a click heal as well as a click endurance recovery power on short cooldowns. It’s less optimal, but I really like Sentinel Ninjutsu and all I’m doing right now is giving my opinions anyway. 😛

1 hour ago, Mercurias said:

It’s less optimal, but I really like Sentinel Ninjutsu and all I’m doing right now is giving my opinions anyway. 😛

Easy now.  We've got a lot of Ninjutsu fans in here that may not take to kindly to folks saying "less optimal".  😉

• Like 2

I love my fire/rad Sentinel.  I can't give you stats, or how close it is to 'uber' (I suspect not very close), but I love playing that character.  Solid damage with great animations and a couple of good PBAoE attacks with solid survivability.  I really couldn't ask for more 🙂.  Oh, and endurance management is very easy, which is also nice 🙂 

8 hours ago, slacktech.oz said:

I love my fire/rad Sentinel.  I can't give you stats, or how close it is to 'uber' (I suspect not very close), but I love playing that character.  Solid damage with great animations and a couple of good PBAoE attacks with solid survivability.  I really couldn't ask for more 🙂.  Oh, and endurance management is very easy, which is also nice 🙂 

Yeah... I rolled fire/fire and I took me a long time to balance out my endurance. I'm at vet level 28 now and It's finally stable and I can just rely on consume when things get dicey. I might try Fire/Rad at some point.

On 10/24/2019 at 1:49 AM, jneely7 said:

thanks for the advice I decided to go fire/rad.  I was looking at builds in general and noticed that leadership was  in all of them and was wondering is really that necessary or just a really good idea. 

People are pushing for softcapping defense at least partly, and that needs leadership and weave if you're working with a non defense secondary. Personally I don't bother on the resistance sets. They have good enough damage mitigation as long as you don't decide you need to be a tank. Don't solo huge spawns or eat large alphas, and don't tank AVs and usually just tough to top up your l/s resistance is good. 

My ice/rad is my lowest sentinel, so I can't claim to be expert on rad, but I don't think it looks to play a whole lot different from my fiery aura or electric armor ones. 

• 2 weeks later

Loving ninja so far. No need for a travel power other than ninja run or beast run and a jetpack for harder to reach areas. Built in stealth. Easy to cap out defense so less need for winter sets so you can focus on recharge and resists. Self heal and endurance recovery as well.  You can go crazy and get even more defense to acr as a buffer for the lower DDR if you like instead.