Blaster Secondaries: Why?

Herotu

spacer.png

Yes, blasters can solo strike forces, archvillains, and giant monsters. Back on live, the easiest blaster build that could do this was Fire Blast/Mental Manipulation. Drain Psyche debuffs for -250 Regen and Recovery, and it can be made permanent with high recharge. On Homecoming, the following builds can solo AVs:

Fire Blast/Martial Combat

Fire Blast/Atomic Manipulation

Fire Blast/Tactical Arrow

Fire Blast/Temporal

All of these can be built with capped Smashing, Lethal, Energy, Fire, and Cold defenses. They can also be built for positionals if a blaster wants to rely upon hovering and stay out of melee range. I'll even share a couple of builds:

Fire/Atomic: modest-fireatomic-solo-avs.mxd

Fire/Martial: modest-firemartial-solo-avs-v2.mxd

Both have ~1400HP on Homecoming at level 50, which places them at a level competitive with Stalkers and Scrappers. They also both have mez protection. Clarion adds an additional level of protection when needed. Both are safe in melee and at range. I'd also like to add that there are blasters on these forums who build for much higher survivability than my builds.

Spoiler

1918784250_ScreenShot2019-10-30at7_07_43PM.thumb.png.7274285fee14cb647e027ee361a87a18.png

Spoiler

1659642369_ScreenShot2019-10-30at7_07_13PM.thumb.png.c9391cfa02da9176eb53ad7a1bd8f179.png

I don't think anyone is going to be faking ITF solos for cool internet points over a like fifty-thousand year old videogame. I've solo'd Rommy on a tanker thanks to Envenomed Daggers and lore pets. A blaster, with strategy, could easily solo him, too. If you don't believe me, I'll gladly perform it for you sometime. I'll livestream it, even.

Edited by Moka

9 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

Look TFs were designed to be a challenge for TEAMS right? The easiest TFs in the game were recommended for a minimum of 4 players right? You want me to believe that 1 player can do the job of an entire team and you wander why I think it's impossible? That logic, those facts, have totally escaped your level of comprehension.

Can we agree that, since some of the TFs were first added to the game, that the power level of players, especially top-tier ones, has gone up?  Maybe even significantly?  Could it, hypothetically, have increased to the point that such a player could complete what was originally meant to be challenging for 4 players, solo?  It's not like they're forcing you to have 4 players through some sort of "click X distant items simultaneously" mechanic or anything, so why not?

Edited by biostem

On 10/26/2019 at 3:03 AM, RialVestro said:

This is just flat out wrong. Blasters and Stalkers have the lowest HP in the entire game. And the idea that you can ever get anywhere close to a Tanker which has the highest HP in the game is just laughable.

I looked at the base HP of every Archetype in game back on live. I don't remember the exact numbers at this point but the difference between a Blaster and Tanker is HUGE.

I'm going to call BS on that. ITF absolutely requires a team to do. No one can solo that beast. Even with a full team that final mission is difficult as hell.

You either need a couple good tankers to hold the Lesser Nictus away from Romulus or enough DPS to overcome his regen even with the Lesser Nictus around him. Neither of which is possible by any solo character. The rest of that TF maybe... that's all easy, but that last mission with 5 freaking AVs at once, no way in hell. Even +0x0 you couldn't do that and you've made it even more unbelievable by turning up the difficulty on an already difficult Task Force.

Your wrong. I not only did ITF solo but I did Master +4x8 Solo on my Ice/fire blaster weeks ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1