Patch Notes for October 23rd, 2019

The Curator

• Developer

Stability

• Minor adjustments to particle physics in an attempt to prevent or mitigate a crash happening deep in the internals of the PhysX library. As we have not yet been able to reproduce the crash under controlled circumstances, this may or may not have an effect.
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you want to reproduce the crash (at least if it's the one I'm thinking of), just "damage farm" some non-sapper malta. They'll leave a buttload of bullets everywhere which seems to cause a crash after a couple hours. It's probably a "There should be this X number of things" vs "The computer can only show Y number of things" issue. Of course, that may also depend on hardware and drivers, so it may not be catch-all =/

the single greatest fix to all my crashes has been the move to the 64bit client.  99.99999% elimination of "Insert Random COH File Name" has run out of memory.  

I know the client should not make the graphics look better, but..... stuff seems to move less jerky and I cannot think of any other changes on my PC in last 6 months.  TOT on a league and all the monsters coming out doors or a visit to Rikti ship raid seems smooth and yes no crashes on 64 bit client.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 10/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, duane said:

the single greatest fix to all my crashes has been the move to the 64bit client.  99.99999% elimination of "Insert Random COH File Name" has run out of memory.  

I know the client should not make the graphics look better, but..... stuff seems to move less jerky and I cannot think of any other changes on my PC in last 6 months.  TOT on a league and all the monsters coming out doors or a visit to Rikti ship raid seems smooth and yes no crashes on 64 bit client.

The jerkiness was possibly caused by continuous memory swapping. With more memory (as the 6bit version has access to more memory) it wouldn't need to do that.

Edited by turnerxei
added parenthetical about 64 bit programs having access to more memory