Doom's Kheldian Builds [ARCHIVED] No further updates.

Doomrider

I'll keep this short and sweet as no one really wants to wade through a wall of text...

I probably spend too much time in mids which has resulted in a lot of builds being created, specifically Peacebringer and Warshade builds. So I thought I'd start posting them here, hoping they could either be put to use in their current state or be helpful templates for people needing assistance with their own builds.

I will post a build every so often and give a quick run down on the build. If anyone is interested in a particular build after it's posted and have questions on that build, feel free to DM me.

UPDATE 03.02.2021: The first 9 builds will likely not receive further revision until Warshades receive any significant updates/changes. I have however, included my latest Warshade build to the batch which is the most experimental to date.

UPDATE 03.02.2022: Last few legacy builds have had data chunks removed from posts. New upload files added.
All build downloads should be working again.

UPDATE 08.24.2022: New Toggles Suppression Friendly BIFORM Warshade build added. 

UPDATE 04.23.2023: Due to a recent decision by the on-going development team behind this Fan Server, my "preferred playstyle", lets call it, is being stealth nerfed. As a result, my continued involvement in the community is uncertain.
Thanks to everyone who supported this passion of mine for Kheld builds and have contributed to the community similarly, but everything comes to an end at some point. Pending any reversal of this stealth nerf, I don't intend on coming back to HC but we shall see.

UPDATE 04.24.2023: Stealth nerf temporarily adverted. /stow pitchfork. 

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9

First up is a build I posted in the Peacebringer channel on the Homecoming discord earlier today. It's a Human Form build, designed for all around tankiness.

and the build...

Tanky Human-form Peacebringer (32.5 def to positional defense)

Doom's 32.5 Tanky Humanbringer.mxd

image.png.c7b219da1be54d74cd8a73e361800392.pngimage.thumb.png.6911183b5b09d2c701e109f32c784644.png

Features:
32.5+ def to positionals. (softcapped w/ 1 small purple inspiration)
54.8% psi resistance
Perma Lightform
165% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
Hasten is perma as long as you trigger FFB via Solar Flare once or twice during combat.
Aoe KB is converted to KD with the exception of Seekers.

Notable easy power substitutes:
- Can sub shining shield and quantum acceleration for tactics and vengeance.

This build is designed for end-game play primarily but can exemp down while retaining most of the builds strengths until 33. Not designed for sub-Lightform play.
I perfer more procs in my builds personally, but if someone is looking to build a Tanky as hell human only PB, It probably doesn't get much better than this.

Edited by Doomrider
Non-mids users, request for screenshots.
  • Like 2

Budget Tri-form Peacebringer  (32.5+ s/l defense in all forms)
No purple IO's, only affordable sets and ATO's.

Doom's 32.5 budget Tri-form - Peacebringer (Luminous Blast).mxd

image.thumb.png.e628a9a5a056b599901f4d47d1b42bc5.png

image.png.31d0cfbecefa793468ec649a5fb072f6.png

Features:
32.5+ def to smashing/lethal dmg (softcapped w/ 1 small purple inspiration)
26.5% psi resistance
Perma Lightform

165% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
Hasten is perma as long as you trigger FFB (Force Feedback) via Solar Flare OR Nova Det once or twice during combat.
All AoE KB is converted to KD.
Vengeance taken early, used often. Great for exemping down, it will ensure you never have a team wipe again.

Human ST chain ideal for DPS (Radiant/Gleaming/Incan + Glinting for filler if req'd)
Nova used primarily for it's aoe attacks
Dwarf for tanking/healing (ST attacks are still usable)
FFB in both Solar Flare and Nova Det ensure high uptime of 100%+ Recharge buff that FFB provides. 
FFB also ensures while you're knocking everyone on their asses, it's speeding up the recharge of your heals. FFB has the added bonus of allowing you to soften/counter any recharge debuffs that may land on you.
This build can Tank well and no one will whine about Knockback since you don't do any!

Great burst aoe dmg chain opener: Inner Light to buff dmg and trigger Gaussian's build-up proc -> Seekers -> Dawn Strike. No scatter on this build as all knockback converted to knockdown.

Mule Powers: (Powers you don't use so you can keep them off your tray, they're just their for their slotted bonus)
- maneuvers
- tactics
- brawl (yes brawl is slotted for s/l def bonus)
- shining shield
- grant invis

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 2

Budget Tri-Form Warshade build (32.5+ s/l defense in all forms)
No purple IO's, only affordable sets and ATO's.

Doom's 32.5 Budget Tri-form.mxd

Features:
Perma Eclipse

160% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
Hasten is perma as long as you trigger FFB (Force Feedback) via Gravitic Emanation, Shadow Blast OR Nova Det once or twice during combat.
All AoE KB is converted to KD except Gravitic Emanation which we'll use to stun and re position groups. (This is also proc'd out, hello cosmic shotgun)
Vengeance taken early, used often. Great for exemping down, it will ensure you never have a team wipe again.

ST Attacks in all forms are usable. Ideal attack chain would require shifting, attacks would include; Gravity well, Shadow Blast, Dwarf Mire, Dwarf Smite.
FFB in both Gravitic Emanation and Nova Det ensure high uptime of 100%+ Recharge buff that FFB provides. 
FFB in Shadow Blast ensure high uptime even during extended fights versus hard targets (AV)

Mule Powers: (Powers you don't use so you can keep them off your tray, they're just their for their slotted bonus)
- maneuvers
- tactics
- gravity shield
- grant invis

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 4

Next one is a bit of departure from the above posted builds... this is Doom's hypothetical toggle suppression Tri-form Warshade build:

Hypothetical Toggle Suppresion Tri-form Warshade (Theory only)

Doom's hypothetical toggle supression build.mxd

Disclaimer: While this build would technically function on live, it is built around toggle suppression being a thing (which it currently isnt) and to be able to seamlessly swap between forms without

OD, Inky or defense toggles dropping.

Features:
32.5+ to positional def while in human form (softcapped w/ 1 small purple inspiration)
Perma Eclipse

152.5% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
Hasten is perma as long as you trigger FFB (Force Feedback) via Shadow Blast OR Nova Det once or twice during combat.
All AoE KB is converted to KD except.
Vengeance taken early, used often. 
Proc'd out Drain Essence (Doomdrain) and proc'd out Gravitic Emanation.

ST Chain while in human form, hover taken so you can use Nova for travel and drop to human for combat.
Nova taken for Aoe's and Dwarf for Dwarf mire.
FFB in both Shadow Blast and Nova Det ensure high uptime of 100%+ Recharge buff that FFB provides. 

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 1

Human form shade 32.5 s/l/f/c/e/n defense

Doomrider Human 32.5 slfcen.mxd

32.5+ to typed def s/l/f/c/e/n instead of positionals (softcapped w/ 1 small purple inspiration)
Perma Eclipse

132.5% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
Hasten can be made perma easily with an aggressive playstyle. Gravitic Emanation procs FFB basically upon nearly every activation (even against Single Targets).Dark Det can also be cycled on cooldown to keep the 100% recharge bonus up fairly regularly. 
All AoE KB is converted to KD except Gravitic Emanation
Proc'd out Drain Essence (Doomdrain) and proc'd out Gravitic Emanation.
Has provoke for keeping aggro off Essences.
Burnout because if you haven't tried burnout on a shade, you really ought to. Eclipse just missed because someone nuked the mob? No it didn't, burnout. Wanna start this mish with 2 fluffies (up to 4 easily), burnout. You get it...
Better end management for a Human form build since we didn't need to dip in the fightning pool for Weave which also allowed us to take all AoE attacks available to a Human Form only build.

*Small note: The global recharge does look quite low at first glance, but it's actually more manageable than people realize when you leverage things like FFB regularly. I find the proc's uptime is at least 50% or more which will already pushes the recharge into perma hasten territory. We're also taking Agility alpha this time around for the defense bonus but the recharge bonus is also helping.

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 1

Dwarf focused Tri-form shade build

Doom's Dwarf Focused Triform shade (11.02.2019).mxd
318091630_Screenshot(528).thumb.png.97d4f5bcd1ce562436567532b7fcd7f6.png
822119688_Screenshot(530).png.35cb18821fdb0f6531200a2dbd9e1f1e.png1954056253_Screenshot(531).png.3926f2fe64cc46c163abec4a5d5855d7.png

Features:
Perma Eclipse

153.75% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
Hasten is perma as long as you trigger FFB (Force Feedback) via Gravitic Emanation, Dwarf Smite OR Nova Det once or twice during combat (which is easily done)
All AoE KB is converted to KD except Gravitic Emanation which we'll use to stun and re position groups. (This is also proc'd out, hello cosmic shotgun)

ST Attacks in Dwarf are favored and proc'd out. Ideal attack chain would require shifting, attacks would include; (G. Well, D. Mire, D.Smite, D.Drain)
FFB in both Gravitic Emanation and Nova Det ensure high uptime of 100%+ Recharge buff that FFB provides. 
FFB in Dwarf Smite ensure high uptime even during extended fights versus hard targets (AV)

- maneuvers
- tactics
- gravity shield
- grant invis
- stealth

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really helpful builds and rundowns in here. This can be a great resource not only for players who are learning the AT, but also for players who have been playing it for a fair bit and could use some additional optimization that they might not even know about. You should consider changing the format into a build philosophy guide with examples. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2019 at 8:04 AM, Septipheran said:

Really helpful builds and rundowns in here. This can be a great resource not only for players who are learning the AT, but also for players who have been playing it for a fair bit and could use some additional optimization that they might not even know about. You should consider changing the format into a build philosophy guide with examples. 

What do you think would be better; seperate (new) threads with build philosophy and examples/how-to's or building upon the initial run down's in each post above w/ added examples and such? I always fear thread bloat as nothing turns me off more from reading a well put together post than walls upon walls of text so I tend to do the opposite of that, short and concise. Though, if I were a new player the kind of run downs listed above may seem like another language altogether.

• 2 weeks later

Next build is an interesting one. It's a Triform Warshade Tank build, designed to be more self-sustaining with less reliance on stygian for extended fights.

Tri-form Warshade Tank build (45% s/l def in all forms)

Doom's Triform shade tank.mxd

Features:
45% def to smashing/lethal dmg (softcapped) in all forms.
Perma Eclipse

143.75% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
Hasten is perma as long as you trigger FFB (Force Feedback) via Gravitic Emanation, OR Nova Det once or twice during combat (which is easily done)
All AoE Knockback is converted to Knockdown as to not scatter enemies.

Achilles in Weaken Resolve, Annihilation in Gravitic Emanation and Fury of the Gladiator in Dwarf Mire allows you to also soften up mobs for teams to mow down. 
With Reactive core the -res threshold for this combo is 65.48% -res which is quite significant.
All 4 aoes (Dwarf Mire, Quasar, Nova Emanation and Nova Det all Knockdown (Knockdown procs added to Nova Det and Dwarf Mire) for added control.
Gravitic Emanation should be used on cooldown (about every 12-13 seconds due to FFB proccing at roughly 90% chance) to take minions and lieutenants out of the fight . Interesting side note, Annihilation chance for -res also carries roughly the same proc chance in this slotting configuration making this debuff nearly every target hit in the mob.

- maneuvers
- tactics
- gravimetric snare (though if you really need to immob an AV, you can)
- grant invis
- invisibility.
- shadow cloak
- brawl
- Essence drain

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 1

This build is my current Peacebringer build. It's a Triform flex build. 20% positionals in all forms. 32.5% to all positionals w/ defensive toggles up for hard target fights since our ST chain is all human.

Doom's Current Tri-form 'Flex' Build (20 positional def in all forms; 32.5 to positions def in human w/ toggles)

Doom's Current Tri-form Peacebringer proc chain 20% positionals 32.5% human flex build.mxd

image.thumb.png.1d74ec7d9f4bfa26572648fe90b6ffc7.png

image.png.b4d29832b5cfb4f033466638538fd409.png

Features:
20% def to positional defense in all forms. 32.5% in human when defensive toggles on. I use this during AV fights since my ST chain is all human.
Perma Lightform*

140% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
*Hasten and Lightform are made perma utilizing the recharge bonus from Cross Punch (10% per enemy hit) and FFB proc in Solar Flare which is constantly up when we're cycling aoe's due to Solar Flares good proc rate.
Optimal ST attack chain Gleaming / Radiant / Crosspunch -> Repeat, fully proc'd for maximum ST damage. Achilles and FotG procs in the chain help push dps and soften up hard targets.

Inner Light takes L21 gaussian's set to maximize the BU proc chance by keeping the enhanced recharge value as low as possible while still benefiting from the positional set bonuses. This way this turns Inner light into essentially Build up + Aim for 5 seconds which really allows you to maximize your aoe burst. (ie. Inner Light-> Dawn Strike -> Solar Flare; with this combo most mobs will be dead at which point you can wipe up stranglers with Nova form Aoes)

Edited by Doomrider

• 3 weeks later

Yo, just wanted to say thank you for sharing these builds. I've made a lot of builds over the years, I used to hop on Mids every now and then when CoH shut down on live and making builds on Mids was my way of "playing the game." I never built or played a Warshade on live and in all those builds I made over the years!

Thanks for giving me some inspiration to start from, I've been loving my Warshade so far and wanted to share the build I want to be my final. It looks like it might be pretty good!

-30% defense to Smash/Lethal (I sacrificed a bit of defense here for a more offensive approach)

-175% Recharge rate 70% Hasten/105% Global

-27.5% Global Dmg bonus

-Perma Eclipse

-Force of Will pool powers... I'm really excited to test using this power pool on a Warshade, I think this is potentially a great buff and perfect for a Tri-Form Warshade! It's a 1 minute buff to Regen/End Recovery/Defense AND Recharge.. All of which compliment everything about this build. On a high recharge build you have a decent up time to down time ratio!

-You have literally every travel option! Superspeed, Super Jump, Fly, Teleport... It's so fun to be able to choose exactly how you want to move throughout the game and I've never had more fun getting to and from places..

Anyways, thanks again for helping me make heads and tails on making a Warshade! This is the most thought I've had to put into building anything and I loved it.

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Warshade
Primary Power Set: Umbral Blast
Secondary Power Set: Umbral Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ebon Eye -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Apc-Dam%(11)
Level 1: Absorption -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 2: Gravity Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 6: Dark Nova -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(50)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Mighty Leap -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Sunless Mire -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(13), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Obl-%Dam(17)
Level 14: Shadow Cloak -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 18: Gravity Well -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(21), Hct-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Black Dwarf -- ResDam-I(A)
Level 22: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(23), HO:Membr(25), HO:Membr(25), Heal-I(50)
Level 24: Stygian Circle -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 26: Gravitic Emanation -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27)
Level 28: Unchain Essence -- SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprEssTrn-Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Quasar -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Dark Extraction -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40), SlbAll-Build%(42)
Level 38: Eclipse -- Acc-I(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 41: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 44: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Stygian Return -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Dark Sustenance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Shadow Step -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45), Mrc-Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(43), PrfShf-End%(45)
Level 6: Dark Nova Blast -- SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg(A), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprKhlGrc-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprKhlGrc-Rchg/FormBuff(5)
Level 6: Dark Nova Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 6: Dark Nova Detonation -- SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg(A), SprEssTrn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprEssTrn-Rchg/Global Heal(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg(48), Ann-ResDeb%(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 6: Dark Nova Emanation -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(37), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dam%(39)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Antagonize -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Drain -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(46), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Mire -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(31)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Smite -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(36), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Step -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(34), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(36), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Spiritual Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
------------
------------

Edited by cazden121
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cazden121 said:

Yo, just wanted to say thank you for sharing these builds. I've made a lot of builds over the years, I used to hop on Mids every now and then when CoH shut down on live and making builds on Mids was my way of "playing the game." I never built or played a Warshade on live and in all those builds I made over the years!

Thanks for giving me some inspiration to start from, I've been loving my Warshade so far and wanted to share the build I want to be my final. It looks like it might be pretty good!

-30% defense to Smash/Lethal (I sacrificed a bit of defense here for a more offensive approach)

-175% Recharge rate 70% Hasten/105% Global

-27.5% Global Dmg bonus

-Perma Eclipse

-Force of Will pool powers... I'm really excited to test using this power pool on a Warshade, I think this is potentially a great buff and perfect for a Tri-Form Warshade! It's a 1 minute buff to Regen/End Recovery/Defense AND Recharge.. All of which compliment everything about this build. On a high recharge build you have a decent up time to down time ratio!

-You have literally every travel option! Superspeed, Super Jump, Fly, Teleport... It's so fun to be able to choose exactly how you want to move throughout the game and I've never had more fun getting to and from places..

Anyways, thanks again for helping me make heads and tails on making a Warshade! This is the most thought I've had to put into building anything and I loved it.

No problem :). I'm glad you could take some inspiration from these builds. 

Just to note; in your attached build it it shows you've taken project will and wall of force instead of mighty leap and unleash potential. I assume that was a mistake give your the description above?

Unleash can be quite good on Khelds due to our most builds being relatively high recharge in nature and our easy of slotting FFB procs to further boost our global recharge. My recommended slotting for unleash would be:
Luck of the Gambler: Defense/7.5% global recharge, Defense/Rch +5.
Any other defense set: Defense/Rch +5 
Generic rch io+5.
That should get def/rch into yellow ED cap territory (Red for recharge since you're running spiritual)
If you want more regen/recovery you can use the last 2 slots for that. I find sustain is fine on a Warshade so I don't see as much value in boosting it as the base regen and recovery in the power is already plenty.

Gaussian's chance for build up would make more sense for a Tri-form slotted into dark nova as you have to have tactics toggled to see benefit from it and on a tri-form you're seldom going to use it. I would swap your tactics and dark nova slotting. The Build-up proc will have a chance to fire everytime you swap to Dark Nova just fyi.

Annihilation -res proc in Nova Det has quite a lot chance to proc at that level of recharge. Basically it'll trigger against 1 in every 5 enemies. You could save a slot by taking the 2 pcs Annihilation out for overwhelming force dmg/KD and put Sudden Acceleration KB->KD in Quasar instead.

2 hours ago, Doomrider said:

No problem :). I'm glad you could take some inspiration from these builds. 

Just to note; in your attached build it it shows you've taken project will and wall of force instead of mighty leap and unleash potential. I assume that was a mistake give your the description above?

Unleash can be quite good on Khelds due to our most builds being relatively high recharge in nature and our easy of slotting FFB procs to further boost our global recharge. My recommended slotting for unleash would be:
Luck of the Gambler: Defense/7.5% global recharge, Defense/Rch +5.
Any other defense set: Defense/Rch +5 
Generic rch io+5.
That should get def/rch into yellow ED cap territory (Red for recharge since you're running spiritual)
If you want more regen/recovery you can use the last 2 slots for that. I find sustain is fine on a Warshade so I don't see as much value in boosting it as the base regen and recovery in the power is already plenty.

Gaussian's chance for build up would make more sense for a Tri-form slotted into dark nova as you have to have tactics toggled to see benefit from it and on a tri-form you're seldom going to use it. I would swap your tactics and dark nova slotting. The Build-up proc will have a chance to fire everytime you swap to Dark Nova just fyi.

Annihilation -res proc in Nova Det has quite a lot chance to proc at that level of recharge. Basically it'll trigger against 1 in every 5 enemies. You could save a slot by taking the 2 pcs Annihilation out for overwhelming force dmg/KD and put Sudden Acceleration KB->KD in Quasar instead.

Thanks for the heads up on the chance for build up proc, I could have sworn I saw people say it’s a global proc and will work in Tactics regardless of it being toggled. I thought it was that way too but had not tested it. I’ll look into maybe messing with swapping IOs around in Detonation although I am pretty dead set on keeping the Dmg/KB to KD IO in Quasar to reach damage enh cap without having to +5 any of the IOs slotted in it. I definitely did not take Project Will or Wall of Force, there must be an error in the data chunk because it’s showing up for me in the actual post itself, but I have not clicked my own link to confirm this. 

I’ve since made some tweaks to the build. Put some more KB protection in the various teleports and changed my intitial slotting in Unleash, right now it’s a LoTG 7.5, 2 Membrane HOs and Numina’s Heal, Numina’s Heal/Rchg both +5. This gives it max defense enh, max recharge and almost 90% enh to heal outside of Spiritual Alpha. 

Edited by cazden121

With more play testing and Incarnates experience I’ll probably move some more things around. My goal for the build is sustain and max recharge with occasional 60 second windows where I become nigh unkillable (When Unleash, Ageless and Melee +def/regen are all active) I’ve had a lot of good luck with Unleash/Ageless +debuff resistance builds and have high hopes for this one!

57 minutes ago, cazden121 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the chance for build up proc, I could have sworn I saw people say it’s a global proc and will work in Tactics regardless of it being toggled. I thought it was that way too but had not tested it. I’ll look into maybe messing with swapping IOs around in Detonation although I am pretty dead set on keeping the Dmg/KB to KD IO in Quasar to reach damage enh cap without having to +5 any of the IOs slotted in it. I definitely did not take Project Will or Wall of Force, there must be an error in the data chunk because it’s showing up for me in the actual post itself, but I have not clicked my own link to confirm this. 

I’ve since made some tweaks to the build. Put some more KB protection in the various teleports and changed my intitial slotting in Unleash, right now it’s a LoTG 7.5, 2 Membrane HOs and Numina’s Heal, Numina’s Heal/Rchg both +5. This gives it max defense enh, max recharge and almost 90% enh to heal outside of Spiritual Alpha. 

It may be just be an issue with me opening the datachunk in Mids Reborn. 

8 hours ago, Doomrider said:

DISAGREE.

Gaussian's Build Up is a 1 PPM proc.

Dark Nova has a 0.5s activation and a 1s recharge and affects only self.  With zero recharge slotted into Nova you get the following performance profile:

• 1 * ((1 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 0.5) / 60 = 6.5% proc chance (Pre-clamp: 2.5%) upon toggling on Nova form
  • 1 x 10 / 60 = 16.67% proc chance every 10 seconds while toggled on

Compare that to the standard performance profile you can get out of Tactics while toggled on ...

Tactics: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control (1 PPM)

• 1 * 10 / (60 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 40000)) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp: 2.15%)
    • Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)1 = 6.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-16: 1 - (1 - 0.065)16 = 65.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-24: 1 - (1 - 0.065)24 = 80.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-32: 1 - (1 - 0.065)32 = 88.3% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-40: 1 - (1 - 0.065)40 = 93.20% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-48: 1 - (1 - 0.065)48 = 96.03% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-50: 1 - (1 - 0.065)50 = 96.53% chance to proc every 10 seconds

Note that when in Team-3 or higher conditions, you'll get more procs out of Tactics than you will out of Nova form (and in League play there's just no contest).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

16 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

DISAGREE.

Gaussian's Build Up is a 1 PPM proc.

Dark Nova has a 0.5s activation and a 1s recharge and affects only self.  With zero recharge slotted into Nova you get the following performance profile:

• 1 * ((1 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 0.5) / 60 = 6.5% proc chance (Pre-clamp: 2.5%) upon toggling on Nova form
  • 1 x 10 / 60 = 16.67% proc chance every 10 seconds while toggled on

Compare that to the standard performance profile you can get out of Tactics while toggled on ...

Tactics: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control (1 PPM)

• 1 * 10 / (60 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 40000)) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp: 2.15%)
    • Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)1 = 6.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-16: 1 - (1 - 0.065)16 = 65.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-24: 1 - (1 - 0.065)24 = 80.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-32: 1 - (1 - 0.065)32 = 88.3% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-40: 1 - (1 - 0.065)40 = 93.20% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-48: 1 - (1 - 0.065)48 = 96.03% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-50: 1 - (1 - 0.065)50 = 96.53% chance to proc every 10 seconds

Note that when in Team-3 or higher conditions, you'll get more procs out of Tactics than you will out of Nova form (and in League play there's just no contest).

Cool math. Doesn't change the fact that the build posted doesn't use a human form attack chain and thus wouldn't properly utilize tactics. Nice flex tho... Not really applicable here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Doomrider said:

Cool math. Doesn't change the fact that the build posted doesn't use a human form attack chain and thus wouldn't properly utilize tactics. Nice flex tho... Not really applicable here.

I tested it out, when I put it in Dark Nova I can control the proc in a sense. If you toggle Dark Nova on and off you have a chance to proc every time. I was consistently double stacking the proc this way. Interesting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cazden121 said:

I tested it out, when I put it in Dark Nova I can control the proc in a sense. If you toggle Dark Nova on and off you have a chance to proc every time. I was consistently double stacking the proc this way. Interesting.

It's a nice little trick you can do when going from mob to mob and Dark Nova is a good one slot wonder for that.  If you ever consider a human form Shade, then Redlynne is correct that the proc would be better served in Tactics (assuming you take tactics) and will see better uptime while teaming when that toggle is on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Here is the final build I ended up with. Not a lot of changes but enough to make a noticeable difference. Been having a lot of fun with it. Run +4 ITFs and +4 Miss Liberty TFs quite frequently on Excelsior and I can freely jump into any mob with little consequences. Overall, one of my favorite characters and glad I made the leap! Now on to my proposed PB build after I make some other non-Kheld and kit them out as well. Thanks for the advice! Cheers!

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Warshade
Primary Power Set: Umbral Blast
Secondary Power Set: Umbral Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ebon Eye -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Apc-Dam%(11)
Level 1: Absorption -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 2: Gravity Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 6: Dark Nova -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Mighty Leap -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Sunless Mire -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(13), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Obl-%Dam(17)
Level 14: Shadow Cloak -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 18: Gravity Well -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(21), Hct-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Black Dwarf -- ResDam-I(A)
Level 22: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(23), HO:Membr(25), NmnCnv-Heal(25), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(50)
Level 24: Stygian Circle -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 26: Gravitic Emanation -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27)
Level 28: Unchain Essence -- SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprEssTrn-Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Quasar -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(34), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(34)
Level 35: Dark Extraction -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40), SlbAll-Build%(42)
Level 38: Eclipse -- Acc-I(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 41: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(50)
Level 44: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 49: Stygian Return -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Dark Sustenance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Shadow Step -- Range-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45), Mrc-Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(43), PrfShf-End%(45)
Level 6: Dark Nova Blast -- SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg(A), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprKhlGrc-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprKhlGrc-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprKhlGrc-Rchg/FormBuff(5)
Level 6: Dark Nova Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 6: Dark Nova Detonation -- SprEssTrn-Acc/Dmg(A), SprEssTrn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprEssTrn-Rchg/Global Heal(48), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(48), Ann-ResDeb%(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 6: Dark Nova Emanation -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(37), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), PstBls-Dam%(39)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Antagonize -- Acc-I(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Drain -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(46), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(46), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Mire -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(31)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Smite -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(36), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(37), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Step -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 20: Black Dwarf Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(34), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(36), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Spiritual Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Melee Radial Embodiment 
------------
------------

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's been awhile since I last posted; I have a few more builds theorycrafted ready ,some I have already begun to have test. This next build is kind of a response to what I've been hearing from people in regards to Human PB performance and their reliance on Lightform to have meaningful resists, especially when exemping down.
So in response to that... I present my Human PB Brawler build

Doom's Peacebringer - Luminous Blast - Luminous Aura Human Brawler Build.mxd

DISCLAIMER: Though the build attached was made with exemping in mind, it is NOT A LEVELING BUILD. This for those who enjoy playing Human form PB and have reached level 50 but want a more robust build that's still serviceable while exemping down.

This build utilizes 2 of the 3 resistance shields that normally aren't taken, in order to give us a decent amount of smashing, lethal, energy and negative resistance while playing below Light Form range. We only take these shields because we can fire/cold resistances easily through IO set bonuses at no cost to our build goals. This should grant us a significant resistance base for our inherent to work off of when teamed with other damage dealers. We don't devote many slots to these 2 shields, rather due to their naturally lower end usage, we use them for their base resistance values and also to mule crucial unique IO's, giving us some decent psi resistance levels due to the Aegis unique and Impervium Armor 6% psi resistance pieces.
image.thumb.png.9363b19021179d8717ebfc17b197e575.png

image.png.dc768e9e6f0b010035582d14a028054d.png

Features:
48-49% s/l/f/c/e/n/psi resistances without Light Form. (Again, this is your resistance base. While teaming your inherent will really shine and push your resistance to scrapper levels when on teams with other damage dealers.
Perma Lightform**

146.25% global recharge (hasten's bonus included) 
Hasten is perma as long as you trigger FFB (Force Feedback) via Solar Flare OR Luminous Det once or twice during combat. (though they should be firing much more often)
All AoE KB is converted to KD with the exception of Luminous Det. (you can replace one of the dmg procs with a sudden acceleration if you wish to neutralize the KB)

When playing in Light Form range, you can turn Shining Shield and Quantum Shield off to save endurance since Light Form will be already capping your resistances. The IO's slotted will still grant you their bonuses, even if you are not using them.

Ideal exemp range is as low as 23, though you could easily play this build lower with proper inspiration usage.

ST Attack chain ideal for DPS (Radiant/Gleaming/Cross Punch); leveraging procs in Gleaming and Cross punch to push DPS beyond typical PB DPS levels.

A couple notes about Cross Punch.:
- You may think, why did you skip Incandescent Strike?

Well, comparing the two powers and given the same slotting the DPS will be fairly similar. What does this mean though? They will do roughly the same damage when the damage is divided by the time it takes the power to animate. Since Cross punch is faster, it allows you to deal more damage within a shorter time frame (by way of fitting more attacks in a shorter period of time), thus increasing your overall dps.

- The other advantage of Cross Punch is it grants you +recharge and +tohit per enemy hit up to a max of 5 targets.  +5% for each if you've taken boxing or kick and the two stack, so you can substitute tough for kick if you want the better buff from Cross Punch at the loss of tough. We only use tough as a mule, so the only trade off is 6% psi resistance.

NOTES:
**FFB in both Solar Flare and Luminous Det ensure high uptime of 100%+ Recharge buff that FFB provides. 
**FFB also ensures while you're knocking everyone on their asses, it's speeding up the recharge of your heal. FFB has the added bonus of allowing you to soften/counter any recharge debuffs that may land on you.
**FFB is also utilized to keep things like Hasten, Essence Boost and LF permanent. Though the downtime, if at all, is minimal. While on missions and during aggressive play there should be no gaps at all and these powers should recharge before they expire.

- grant invis (7.5% lotg io)
- brawl (3.75% s/l def)
- boxing (3.75% s/l def)
- tough (6% psi resistance)

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Doomrider changed the title to Doom's Kheldian Builds [Updated 01.02.2019] 9 builds posted to date.

That's a really cool idea and it definitely addresses a fairly persistent complaint, that human only PB's can't exemp well. What's extra impressive is that you were able to fit everything in to add that functionality while not really sacrificing level 50 performance. 

Edited by Septipheran

On 1/5/2020 at 7:00 AM, Septipheran said:

That's a really cool idea and it definitely addresses a fairly persistent complaint, that human only PB's can't exemp well. What's extra impressive is that you were able to fit everything in to add that functionality while not really sacrificing level 50 performance. 

Thanks. I think it's fair to say most people glaze over the shields when you know you'll eventually build perma-Light Form anyway so I was trying to figure out a way to utilize the shields without feeling like I was sinking too many slots into them. In doing so still allowing their slots to be purposeful when playing end game content, even if you just use LF at that point. I wish i could have gotten more defense into the build to be honest, but I wanted to make endurance manageable without bogging the build down with too many toggles.

The idea for this build came from when I was looking at just how much fire/cold resistance one can build from purples/winter sets, it dawned on me that Thermal Shield could be entirely skipped. Having basically 50% resistances to all for a measly .48 end is a steal.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later

I can't help but come back to this thread any time I'm looking for inspiration for a Kheldian build. I posted my Warshade build that I made with direct inspiration from you.. And I'm here again trying to piece together a PB build now. It's been many months.. But I'm finally doing it! Man... Kheldians can be a bit overwhelming to slot, but rest assured.. you have, in my opinion, some of the best builds around. So thanks again!

• Like 2