Doom's Kheldian Builds [Updated 03.02.2021] 10 builds posted to date.

13 hours ago, Zepp said:

Also remember, binds work in reverse order (right to left). So it is actually better to do HumanPower$$ToggleOff$$ToggleOff than the other way around to drop out of forms into a human form power.

Also, you can keybind number keys...

True, they do work right to left and that is best practice as the power on the right gets checked first. If it were any other AT, or I was using a bind or macro to switch between toggles, I would insist that the right to left order is maintained.

However, for using binds or macros to drop out of forms to use human powers (or vise versa), binds/macros with the opposite order still work fine and still require 2 key strokes to activate (one to drop out of form, another to activate the power).

For instance... regarding the Eclipse bind per my last post; even though the human form power is on right of the bind string, I can't use Eclipse in Nova or Dwarf anyway (obviously) so it doesn't fire but it still detoggles either form power on 1st key stroke dropping you into human form, the 2nd keystroke fires Eclipse. 

I've found the same to be true even if you're trying to utilize a form power while in human form.

Both /macro NBLAST "powexec_name dark nova blast$$powexec_toggleon dark nova"

and

/macro NBLAST "powexec_togglon dark nova$$powexec_name dark nova blast"

operate much the same way, snapping you from human into (and out of) nova for a split second, allowing you to fire off dark nova blast while visually in human form. This of course, still requires 2 key strokes.

As for keybinding number keys, sure if you want. I don't really recommend but ymmv.
I typically use 1-4 for main attack chain keys, 5 for Dwarf Taunt
Q,E,R,T,C,V for other utility powers, self buffs, longer defensive cooldowns etc.
alt 1-4 for other aoes, 5 for Quasar
ctrl 1-5 for additional utlity space.

I only currently use crtl+1 for Black Dwarf Heal. Using THAT from human form via a macro is crazy strong as it will still scale with Dwarf's larger HP pool... but I didn't tell you that...🤫

• 1 month later

Doomrider, do you have an updated build for your tri form ? Or is it still the same as it was in 2019? Going to farm a load of inf and level a warshade for the first time.

love the visuals, worried all this macro business will scare me off.

can you post the ones used for this build ? 

Cheers.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:47 PM, Doomrider said:

True, they do work right to left and that is best practice as the power on the right gets checked first. If it were any other AT, or I was using a bind or macro to switch between toggles, I would insist that the right to left order is maintained.

However, for using binds or macros to drop out of forms to use human powers (or vise versa), binds/macros with the opposite order still work fine and still require 2 key strokes to activate (one to drop out of form, another to activate the power).

For instance... regarding the Eclipse bind per my last post; even though the human form power is on right of the bind string, I can't use Eclipse in Nova or Dwarf anyway (obviously) so it doesn't fire but it still detoggles either form power on 1st key stroke dropping you into human form, the 2nd keystroke fires Eclipse. 

I've found the same to be true even if you're trying to utilize a form power while in human form.

Both /macro NBLAST "powexec_name dark nova blast$$powexec_toggleon dark nova"

and

/macro NBLAST "powexec_togglon dark nova$$powexec_name dark nova blast"

operate much the same way, snapping you from human into (and out of) nova for a split second, allowing you to fire off dark nova blast while visually in human form. This of course, still requires 2 key strokes.

As for keybinding number keys, sure if you want. I don't really recommend but ymmv.
I typically use 1-4 for main attack chain keys, 5 for Dwarf Taunt
Q,E,R,T,C,V for other utility powers, self buffs, longer defensive cooldowns etc.
alt 1-4 for other aoes, 5 for Quasar
ctrl 1-5 for additional utlity space.

I only currently use crtl+1 for Black Dwarf Heal. Using THAT from human form via a macro is crazy strong as it will still scale with Dwarf's larger HP pool... but I didn't tell you that...🤫

Can you copy paste your macros for the tri form WS please ? And has the build changed since 2019 

3 hours ago, PhoenixV117 said:

Doomrider, do you have an updated build for your tri form ? Or is it still the same as it was in 2019? Going to farm a load of inf and level a warshade for the first time.

love the visuals, worried all this macro business will scare me off.

can you post the ones used for this build ? 

Cheers.

The builds are still viable as posted. I've gone through a lot of iterations of my own build and do so fairly often so I don't generally post those here as it change too often.

I did see your comment about having a tw/bio from your other thread and how you're struggling to find something else that will compare to that performance. 
If that is the case, I'm going to stop you while you're ahead.
While WS has pretty decent aoe damage output, the single target damage will pale in comparison to most scrappers and TW is no exception.
Getting similar or better performance out a TW/BIO will be 10x easier there than doing it on a WS, plain and simple. That and you'll have a much easier time soloing AV's on a TW/BIO; soloing them on a WS requires lore pets, daggers and procs out the ying-yang and even then it's a slog.

I don't recommend WS or PB to people looking for pure power comparative with other meta combos as it usually ends up in frustration, especially if you are not intimately familiar with the classes already, which is generally what my builds are more catered towards. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but I am just being honest.

That being said, if I mistaken in any of this, feel free to correct me and I can provide you with some the more common/useful binds and macros for shades.

2 hours ago, Doomrider said:

The builds are still viable as posted. I've gone through a lot of iterations of my own build and do so fairly often so I don't generally post those here as it change too often.

I did see your comment about having a tw/bio from your other thread and how you're struggling to find something else that will compare to that performance. 
If that is the case, I'm going to stop you while you're ahead.
While WS has pretty decent aoe damage output, the single target damage will pale in comparison to most scrappers and TW is no exception.
Getting similar or better performance out a TW/BIO will be 10x easier there than doing it on a WS, plain and simple. That and you'll have a much easier time soloing AV's on a TW/BIO; soloing them on a WS requires lore pets, daggers and procs out the ying-yang and even then it's a slog.

I don't recommend WS or PB to people looking for pure power comparative with other meta combos as it usually ends up in frustration, especially if you are not intimately familiar with the classes already, which is generally what my builds are more catered towards. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but I am just being honest.

That being said, if I mistaken in any of this, feel free to correct me and I can provide you with some the more common/useful binds and macros for shades.

What I meant was, I made the mistake of already now having a maxed out tw bio at like vet level 150

im hoping the enjoyability factor of the WS will compensate for the sheer OPness of the scrapper. I love how the WS looks and have just levelled one to 50

im now looking at which build to use, I’m fine with using macros to form shift, but I’d need them to copy and paste 😛

i usually play in teams anyway and don’t solo.

thanks for the quick reply.

i was thinking of just using the tri form WS build you posted, so you think this is still the best build to go for? I see it said it’s the one you currently use but that was two years ago nearly 😛.

4 hours ago, PhoenixV117 said:

What I meant was, I made the mistake of already now having a maxed out tw bio at like vet level 150

im hoping the enjoyability factor of the WS will compensate for the sheer OPness of the scrapper. I love how the WS looks and have just levelled one to 50

im now looking at which build to use, I’m fine with using macros to form shift, but I’d need them to copy and paste 😛

i usually play in teams anyway and don’t solo.

thanks for the quick reply.

i was thinking of just using the tri form WS build you posted, so you think this is still the best build to go for? I see it said it’s the one you currently use but that was two years ago nearly 😛.

Fair enough. I'll need to get back to you on binds/macros when I get a bit of time to sit down and do a small write up. I will post here in response when I can.

Yeah I don't use that exact build anymore, but it's still a great build. It helps shore up some of the weaknesses of WS by supplementing some additional ST damage into Dwarf Form through procs and additionally lets you utilize Dwarf Form when mezzed (like normal) but without losing too much damage in the process. The added s/l defense isn't totally necessary but it is really nice for exemping below 33 when you don't have eclipse, allowing you can soft cap s/l defense with 1 small purple inspiration.

1 hour ago, Doomrider said:

Fair enough. I'll need to get back to you on binds/macros when I get a bit of time to sit down and do a small write up. I will post here in response when I can.

Yeah I don't use that exact build anymore, but it's still a great build. It helps shore up some of the weaknesses of WS by supplementing some additional ST damage into Dwarf Form through procs and additionally lets you utilize Dwarf Form when mezzed (like normal) but without losing too much damage in the process. The added s/l defense isn't totally necessary but it is really nice for exemping below 33 when you don't have eclipse, allowing you can soft cap s/l defense with 1 small purple inspiration.

If you could send the one you use more recently that would be great. Noticed there was 2 Armageddon chance for fire damages in this one you posted and don’t know what to swap one for. I always feel better knowing somethings the latest version 😛 cheers again

12 hours ago, Doomrider said:

Regarding AVs, I've been doing the Shadow Shard TFs solo with a Def based build for my WS. (I got a lot of help from analyzing Doom's builds)

Don't underestimate the power of Temp Power Summons along with your Lore pets.

A Shivan is unbelievably helpful in a pinch.

Edited by PluckySidekick
Clarity

I hadn't really planned on releasing this build as it is probably the strangest iteration I've made to date. It does however serve to provide an alternate way to set-up and play a Warshade that differs from the typical tray-swap bind set-up.
I don't expect many people to pick up and play this build as-is. I do think it has some clever use of macros and rewards a very aggressive playstyle that bends what a typical Warshade can do, letting us break free of our reliance on bodies and sustain through other means.

This is my current build as of this date and since I need come up with a name for it, I dub it:
The Changeling Warshade.
Part 1.) Theory, bar setup and macros.

This is really less of a build, and more of a playstyle that centers around a few key elements. 
1) More emphasis on Macros than binds to allow us to use form powers without having to manually shift into their respective form first.
2) A full fledged shifting attack chain that utilizes all 3 forms simultaneously.
3) Key procs in the form powers to give us a surprising amount of additional sustain, letting us become more self contained and lessening our reliance on bodies to recover.

First; the bar set-up...

1550536485_Doomswarshademacros.thumb.png.5272e78d5b8b9832da57356b9afaa8f1.png

We do not use tray swaps for this playstyle at all. Instead, we create macros for every single one of our attack powers we utilize. Leaving only Eclipse, Stygian and Sunless with traditional key binds.
We also do not use every power available to the individual forms but rather select specific ones from each form, including human, to form a custom attack chain, that we will utilize to great effect by way of macros.

Highlighted above, we see our macros are housed within our first 3 bars on the right and the corresponding powers are left in alternate trays (4 & 9) placed in center of the screen. This is so we can monitor powers as they become recharged and to allow the macros to work as we need them to.

I set up my macros in the same configuration and order as the powers in bars 1-3 to help foster muscle memory. We activate the macros with key presses as noted in the above graphic just like we would normal powers, but we write the macros specifically to allow us to utilize even form powers, without the need the manually shift (explanation and macros to follow). Eventually you won't even look at bars 1-3 where the macros are housed, and rather only at bars 4 & 9.

The Macros:

These are honestly quite simple and you can set them up in a few different ways:

To set up a macro for a human power (ie. Gravity well) and have it so that upon activation; it drops you out of your current form and activates, we write the macro as so:

/macro GWELL "powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_name gravity well"

Usually you would want to have the first power you activate in the chain be the last part of the chain like:

/macro GWELL "powexec_name gravity well$$powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_ dark nova"

but either will work, though I have had more success and reliability with the former than the latter. Use whichever you find works for you.
With any of the macros I list in this post, they will require 2 key presses to achieve the desired result and  there is some finesse involved, to using them smoothly. This will come with time with enough practice. I cannot emphasize this enough. It does seem a bit awkward at first and it does take some getting used to, but once you do, it will really open up how you play your Warshade.

For setting up a macro for a form power (ie. Dark Nova Blast) the macro is very similar but we want to use 'powexec_toggleon' instead, like so:

/macro NBLAST "powexec_toggleon dark nova$$powexec_name dark nova blast"

This will turn on Nova Form with the initial key press, and fire Dark Nova Blast with the second press. 
Again, though the macro may look backwards to anyone who uses Macros frequently, it will still operate in the way we need, regardless.

List of other macros the build uses:

/macro DSMITE "powexec_toggleon black dwarf$$powexec_name black dwarf smite"
/macro DMIRE "powexec_toggleon black dwarf$$powexec_name black dwarf mire"
/macro TAUNT "powexec_toggleon black dwarf$$powexec_name black dwarf antagonize"
/macro GRAV "powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_name gravitic emanation"
/macro NEM "powexec_toggleon dark nova$$powexec_name dark nova emanation"
/macro NDET "powexec_toggleon dark nova$$powexec_name dark nova detonation"
/macro DRAIN "powexec_toggelon black dwarf$$powexec_name black dwarf drain"
/macro FLUFF "powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_name dark extraction"
/macro UP "powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_name unleash potential"

Binds (typical)

To manually swap into Nova Form:
/bind q "powexec_toggleon dark nova" 

To manually swap into Dwarf Form:
/bind e "powexec_toggleon black dwarf"

To drop out of either form:
/bind alt+e "powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_toggleoff black dwarf"

To drop out of form powers and activate the following in human form:
Sunless Mire:
/bind ctrl+e "powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_name sunless mire"

Eclipse:
/bind c "powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_name eclipse"

Stygian Circle:
/bind v "powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_name stygian circle"

Quasar:
/bind f "powexec_toggleoff dark nova$$powexec_toggleoff black dwarf$$powexec_name quasar"

End of Part 1.  

Posted (edited)

Part 2.) Build and tactics.
Doom's Changling build 03.02.2021 - Warshade (Umbral Blast).mxd

This build will look similar to my previous submissions but has a few distinct differences.
1) Our attack chain will revolve around Dark Nova Blast, Black Dwarf Smite, Gravity Well and Black Dwarf Mire.
2) We are only running 21% s/l defense in this version. We make up for that a bit by running Power Transfer: Chance for heal in both Nova and Dwarf forms as well as our Stamina passive.

Okay, so why do we run a shifting chain? It sounds like a lot of work and it will look silly.
Well, the macros will take care of the work part with practice, but yes, sometimes it does look silly but shifting into different forms every 1.5-3 seconds has it's advantages and it lends itself to the name of the build. You are constantly changing forms, and I do mean constantly. 
This takes the all-forms-at-all-times mantra, and puts it on steroids. 

Advantages come in part with the slotting. Bottom line; you're going to want to weave Dark Nova Blast(s) in-between every other attack when focusing a Single Target to
capitalize on frequent Gaussian's proc rolls in addition to the added heal and chance for endurance the other procs bring.

Here's the why and how it works but first the chain:

Essentially it is Black Dwarf Mire -> Dark Nova Blast -> Black Dwarf Smite -> Dark Nova Blast -> Gravity Well -> Repeat. 

giphy.gif

You will also weave in Nova Aoe's, Gravitic, Quasar, etc. as the situation dictates, but this chain will be your core attack chain.

Okay, now the why and how:

We slot Power Transfer: Chance for Heal, Performance Shifter: chance for Endurance and Gaussian's: Chance for build-up in our Nova Form.
- While the latter 2 do not have a great proc chance under normal circumstances as they are both 1 ppm, the frequency in which we will roll for these procs to fire while using this chain will push their usefulness up a fair bit. That being said I have had instances of Gaussian's double stacking during my attack chain so it can be quite potent and it will help give us some added burst through bonus damage which is especially useful in instances where we cannot saturate our Mires, lessening our reliance on bodies further.

So because the chain is shifting in and out of Nova, we're essentially granting our build a chance of rolling each of these 3 procs everytime we fire our Dark Nova Blast macro.
How? Each time we fire that macro, the Nova Form toggle triggers off and on behind the scenes.

What this does is gives us a chance for the build up, a chance for 10% endurance return and a 54 hp heal, again roughly every 1.5 - 3 seconds. This may not seem like much, but the more aggressive you play, the more these will proc. 

Why power transfer? 54 hp is whatever Doom, I can just heal full off of these bodies with Stygian.

Sure, but what if there are no bodies?
Because we also slot Power Transfer in our Dwarf form toggle and our Stamina passive, we now we get a good chance for that 54 hp heal, nearly every attack we make in our chain. Meanwhile the power transfer proc in Stamina is running behind the scenes, along with Panacea in Health, checking every 10 seconds with a very good proc rate granting us about 108 hp every 10 seconds when both Panacea and PT fire.

It's hard to properly emphasize how useful this can be, but to use a personal example: 
I ran Power Transfer similarly on my Peacebringer and was able to solo a pylon with zero defense in my build, without really needing to use any my active heals, just the passive heals I was getting from the PT procs while doing my chain. EVEN DESPITE THE LIGHTFORM CRASH(S), I could still sustain myself. 

Another trick for helping us to sustain without bodies is going to be our Black Dwarf Drain macro.

Yes this is a trick actually. When the macro is used timely, it will pop you in and out Dwarf Form and back to Human but firing the Black Dwarf Drain attack.

Why is this a big deal? Because Black Dwarf Drain scales with Dwarf HP and has a much higher base value heal than human form Drain Essence and you get that huge heal applied to your HUMAN HP BAR.

giphy.gif

Combine this with a heal boosting alpha like Vigor or Spiritual Core, this turns Black Dwarf Drain into a 400 HP heal every 5-6 seconds, not to mention you will likely trigger PT proc making that a 454 HP total return, which is crazy. Most Warshades in human form are going to average 1200-1400 hp. So you're getting nearly 1/3 of your health back when needed, from a live target. Again, no bodies required.

End of Part 2.

Edited by Doomrider
gifs
  • Thanks 1
On 3/3/2021 at 6:16 AM, Doomrider said:

Part 2.) Build and tactics.
Doom's Changling build 03.02.2021 - Warshade (Umbral Blast).mxd

This build will look similar to my previous submissions but has a few distinct differences.
1) Our attack chain will revolve around Dark Nova Blast, Black Dwarf Smite, Gravity Well and Black Dwarf Mire.
2) We are only running 21% s/l defense in this version. We make up for that a bit by running Power Transfer: Chance for heal in both Nova and Dwarf forms as well as our Health passive.

Okay, so why do we run a shifting chain? It sounds like a lot of work and it will look silly.
Well, the macros will take care of the work part with practice, but yes, sometimes it does look silly but shifting into different forms every 1.5-3 seconds has it's advantages and it lends itself to the name of the build. You are constantly changing forms, and I do mean constantly. 
This takes the all-forms-at-all-times mantra, and puts it on steroids. 

Advantages come in part with the slotting. Bottom line; you're going to want to weave Dark Nova Blast(s) in-between every other attack when focusing a Single Target.

Here's the why and how it works but first the chain:

Essentially it is Black Dwarf Mire -> Dark Nova Blast -> Black Dwarf Smite -> Dark Nova Blast -> Gravity Well -> Repeat. 
You will weave in Nova Aoe's, Gravitic, Quasar, etc. as the situation dictates, but this chain will be your core attack chain.

Okay, now the why and how:

We slot Power Transfer: Chance for Heal, Performance Shifter: chance for Endurance and Gaussian's: Chance for build-up in our Nova Form.
- While the latter 2 do not have a great proc chance under normal circumstances as they are both 1 ppm, the frequency in which we will roll for these procs to fire while using this chain will push their usefulness up a fair bit. That being said I have had instances of Gaussian's double stacking during my attack chain so it can be quite potent and it will help give us some added burst through bonus damage which is especially useful in instances where we cannot saturate our Mires, lessening our reliance on bodies further.

So because the chain is shifting in and out of Nova, we're essentially granting our build a chance of rolling each of these 3 procs everytime we fire our Dark Nova Blast macro.
How? Each time we fire that macro, the Nova Form toggle triggers off and on behind the scenes.

What this does is gives us a chance for the build up, a chance for 10% endurance return and a 54 hp heal, again roughly every 1.5 - 3 seconds. This may not seem like much, but the more aggressive you play, the more these will proc. 

Why power transfer? 54 hp is whatever Doom, I can just heal full off of these bodies with Stygian?

Sure, but what if there are no bodies?
Because we also slot Power Transfer in our Dwarf form toggle and our Stamina passive, we now we get a good chance for that 54 hp heal, nearly every attack we make in our chain. Meanwhile the power transfer proc in Stamina is running behind the scenes, along with Panacea in Health, checking every 10 seconds with a very good proc rate granting us about 108 hp every 10 seconds when both Panacea and PT fire.

It's hard to properly emphasize how useful this can be, but to use a personal example: 
I ran Power Transfer similarly on my Peacebringer and was able to solo a pylon with zero defense in my build, without really needing to use any my active heals, just the passive heals I was getting from the PT procs while doing my chain. EVEN DESPITE THE LIGHTFORM CRASH(S), I could still sustain myself. 

Another trick for helping us to sustain without bodies is going to be our Black Dwarf Drain macro.

Yes this is a trick actually. When the macro is used timely, it will pop you in and out Dwarf Form and back to Human but firing the Black Dwarf Drain attack.

Why is this a big deal? Because Black Dwarf Drain scales with Dwarf HP and has a much higher base value heal than human form Drain Essence and you get that huge heal applied to your HUMAN HP BAR.

Combine this with a heal boosting alpha like Vigor or Spiritual Core, this turns Black Dwarf Drain into a 400 HP heal every 5-6 seconds, not to mention you will likely trigger PT proc making that a 454 HP total return, which is crazy. Most Warshades in human form are going to average 1200-1400 hp. So you're getting nearly 1/3 of your health back when needed, from a live target. Again, no bodies required.

End of Part 2.

That generally covers the basics of the build. If there is more interest in this sort of thing I can get into more advanced tactics, but that's about all the gas I have left in the tank for tonight.

Looks good, I’ll get on building it and sorting the macros when I’ve finished work, cheers for all that very in-depth 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Okay...I made it and got all the enhancements, and it’s so fun, cheers dude 10/10 

Edited by PhoenixV117