Give us 'grindy' stuff (like vanguard) and costume unlocks back

Summerspark

That just makes it harder to make a comparison.

Regardless, trying to paint free access to costume pieces as exclusionary is still disappointing. The only thing being excluded is one alleged way to play that is essentially a form of gatekeeping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HelBlaiz said:

We can just go with 'access to resources' in general? Everyone technically has access to any resource they want, they just have to put in the time and effort to get it, through money or mining/gathering it themselves. That sort of works? At least in simulating what you're looking for. Yes, technically anyone can run a piece of content (earn enough money to buy something) but those people with more time (money) can get it rather quickly while those without much time would need to do it over a longer period of time ('save up') or wait until they have the time free (wait for a tax return or a bonus). But even THAT isn't a good a good comparison because the devs could literally just give it to everyone free with zero cost and avoid the class divide entirely. It'd be like the government waving a magic wand and giving everyone a sub sandwich in real life, where magic doesn't exist.

That seems fair enough, let's go with that.

Unlike real life, when ever someone makes a character, they all start off on the same foot with everything available to them the same way.

The only real resource difference could be time, where I could totally see being a have/have not if costume unlocks were behind doing a long taskforce all in one day, or if every costume unlock was per character and not global.

Personally I'd be okay with that, but to compromise I ask that any costume unlock be global and not behind extreme gates.

So what if someone is able to spend time on one day doing a story arc for va costume peices, and it takes me time spent durring 3 days?

They'll probably also be lvl 50 and incarnate before me too, and that's just how it goes.

In the end we'll still have the same things, but I had the option of enjoying the journey.

Edited by Hero_of_Light
  • Like 1

• Lead Game Master

OK dokes folks, we don't seem to be adding anything new to what's already been said so I'm going to lock this one down. @Summerspark was quite correct with the slightly controversial views this would bring out (which, of course, is not a reason to avoid the discussion). But bottom line is, some people would like to have the option to have more "grindy" goals to work towards, others feel differently... and that... is OK.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

Ways to Contact Me: Here is the link to the Homecoming Discord  and I am GM ColdSpark

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!