Character Creation Will Not Offer Allignment Option

KyuteKitti

After creating a character, there is supposed to be a message asking if the character will be a hero or villain and if I would like to do the tutorial. Neither of these options pop up and it goes straight to asking if I am ready to start. After selecting "yes" I am taken to Atlas Park with a new hero character even though I was trying to make a villain.

I tried recreating the character by using the saved costume and by recreating it from scratch. I tried this after logging in and out of another villain character to see if it would automatically put me in the villain area. This started yesterday and it is the sixth account I have made (though it does not currently exist because I keep deleting it to try again). This happened to the previous character as well, but I did not notice at the time because it was intended to be a hero from the start.

I hope this can be resolved. Thank-You so much for putting in your time and efforts toward CoH!

I appreciate your response.

Unfortunately, the tutorial option is not appearing. Only the "Complete character creation and enter game? - YES  NO" message will appear for me now. Selecting "YES" takes me directly to Atlas Park.

Just to make sure, you aren't by any chance making a Warshade/Peacebringer? The WS/PB/AW/AS epic archetypes do not get a choice for their starting alignment.

Ohhh. I did not realize that. So both must be hero characters then. I tried a Peacebringer which automatically made my character a hero, and then I attempted to make a Warshade character with the villain alignment. It was the Warshade that disappointed me by not giving a villain option. I guess I'll have to rethink the character concepts a bit. Thank-you so much for clearing this up!

Ohhh. I did not realize that. So both must be hero characters then.

Here's a breakdown:

• HEATs (Warshades and Peacebringers) must start as Heroes
  • VEATs (Arachnos Soldiers and Widows) must start as Villains
  • Both of the above categories can switch alignment after creation.
  • Praetorians do not get the Hero/Villain alignment choice until they leave Praetoria around level 20

I tried a Peacebringer which automatically made my character a hero, and then I attempted to make a Warshade character with the villain alignment. It was the Warshade that disappointed me by not giving a villain option. I guess I'll have to rethink the character concepts a bit.
You don't have to rethink the concept at all. Create the Warshade as a hero, get to Pocket D and talk to Null The Gull to switch your alignment.

I wanted to play a Hero Widow and reworked the concept to play her villain. I have to say the decision was awesome as the plot lines she has been following, particularly in the First/Night Ward have seen her become more and more heroic, giving an in game reason for the switch. Though with all the things she has seen the "good guys" do, she might just go rogue/vigilante.

I am absolutely not saying that you shouldn't just go villain right away in Pocket D; I'm just describing how gradually moving along the alignment scale can be fun too.