Sorry not sorry

Gravitus

On 11/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, Erratic1 said:

No. Lists and "house rules" are absurdities you've introduced. Most everyone else is able to go by common sense sociability rules regarding behavior in groups that were inculcated in childhood.

Actually you seem to have that backwards as I am very much one on the side of the rules of conduct as written, while some others keep mentioning some unwritten set of rules that grants the leader a divine right to mistreat others and act like a dictator.

Any attempt to force or pressure another player into playing in a way they dont wish to that is not considered exploiting or cheating at the game is very much against those rules of conduct. If you want to boot someone fine, do it quickly and quietly without saying a word, and put said player on ignore before you end up in a chat that qualifies as harassment or belittlement for how they play. Thats still very rude and uncivil but really the best option. However if you do that a few missions into a TF, you then could be reported for griefing because you wasted taht players time and denied them a shot at the reward they have already put a fair share of time into.

Ultimately the only real way for someone who just can not tolerate and get along with other players based on their play style is to stick to a tight social circle and never pug. Because when you pug part of that is accepting you wont always get like minded play styles. For myself that can be as simple as people not being into RP that respects the lore of the game world. However if it really grates on me I wont ask the non RPers to be quiet, nor leave the team I built. I will because that is the only actual civil recourse to remove yourself not try to bully, pressure others into siding with you out of fear of being kciked as well etc.

Part of the issue in this thread stems from thinking starting the team makes it your team. Your just one person still. And acting a startator can indeed intimidate some into siding with you because they lack the confidence to stand up for themselves and fear the threat of blacklisting etc. One very vocal person on this thread has admitted to that very behavior by actively creating a list of players rather then just putting them on ignore.

Starting to feel like this thread is more about getting the last word than anything else. I'm pretty sure most of us players who stick to the old school MMO teaming code has finished trying to convince you guys a couple of days ago, hence nobody posting anymore. That doesn't mean your opinion trumps ours, it just means we have recognized that this conversation is deadlocked. I vote to let this thread die. There is nothing more anyone can add to the conversation that has not already been covered, in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Actually you seem to have that backwards as I am very much one on the side of the rules of conduct as written, while some others keep mentioning some unwritten set of rules that grants the leader a divine right to mistreat others and act like a dictator.

Since I did not quote you, I think you are confused.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:02 PM, Gravitus said:

Guess what’s better than having defenses maxed out? Actually not getting hit at all.  Which is what happens when you put your pets in the air. Non flying enemies can’t melee you. Even with defenses maxed out, enemies are still strong enough to kill your pets regularly if you don’t maintain them.

At no point in the BAF did I actually hinder the teams ability to beat it with GF. On the prisoners section I made sure to keep distance from others just Incase they didn’t turn it off. (Because quite frankly we all lose if the prisoners get away) as for the rest of the BAF, GF doesn’t hinder anyone in any meaningful way. So no, I’m not going to announce my powers every time I team just because someone doesn’t like to float. If you hate floating that much make a point to have turned off just incase. Thats what most of the folks on the BAF had already done.

Imagine having to keep a canned message on standby because you have to accommodate someone else’s lazy or forgetfulness because “oh nooooz I’m floating on the tennis courts”. No thanks .

Wait wait wait...+Def means not getting hit as well at all(minus strikebreaker). Do...do you think they cant aim up? How the HELL did you get into a BAF?

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 11/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, Solarverse said:

Nah, you can have it, lol

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid.

Daisy... Daisy...

• Haha 2