New Costume Pieces Request

drgantz

On 6/2/2020 at 8:35 AM, ArchVileTerror said:

Aww, gendered limitation, @Shadowsleuth?  I'm shocked.

The twigs/branches in the earlier post can work for either gender & this headpiece I was thinking this would be good for either gender as well.

1648734220_CrownCollage6.thumb.jpg.8369e4f56c2b98975e16ae6e5b58a7e8.jpg

296063606_FlowerCrownCollage8.thumb.jpg.cb104779e42b60dcadba839b2fe0a9b5.jpg

1316565460_Flowercrownmale4.thumb.jpg.f80e6d3d9e61d1b5cefb11a1d05601c2.jpg

Edited by Shadowsleuth
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

The first search result for your first link gave me:

49379232442_dff79bea45_c.jpg

. . . what?

But, yeah.  More costume pieces appropriate for Natural-origin characters is always a good thing, in my books!

weird....links still work for me....google search tactical gear and female tactical gear

• Like 1

I just realised that Praetorian police has some sick-looking uniforms (I don't know if they are just recoloured of normal PCP since I don't walk up close to them).

Note to self. take a screenshot before posting.

I'm not talking about this: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Praetorian_Police_Costume_Set

It was something like https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/File:SWATEqualizer1.jpg

Edited by Oginth
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later

* Full matte fix for the monochrome head option (it has a slight shine)
* An earless option so animal ears don't double up with humanoid ears that you don't hide with hair
* The Ouroboros set pieces
* The wax-head dude outfits/heads from Night Ward - ESPECIALLY the heads and the bobby hat
* Headset you see on a lot of forlorn
* Serene's outfit
* Right/left color options for hand auras
* Heck, any/all of the mob pieces that are low-effort to add
* Maybe tagged categories for pieces, making them easier to sort/filter
* More RL backpacks. Particularly stuff a soldier or merc might wear
* More cop stuff
* More kid stuff
* A LOT more clown stuff
* Anything for MM pets, even if just colors

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later

It occurs to me that certain props are not available in certain configuration: Jacket body is missing the "gear" shoulder, Only Hat head has the long-skull mask. I wish they are made "universal", I don't mind some clipping.

EDIT: Wait, I shouldn't have posted this here, it was some random thoughts that popped up in my mind. Hope you guys don't mind my rambling.

Edited by Oginth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh! Better idea is emotions for faces so it's not always the same face everyone chooses. Can that be animated with chat emaote commands?  I like some faces but they are always scowling and that's not how they always feel.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Patti said:

Oh! Better idea is emotions for faces so it's not always the same face everyone chooses. Can that be animated with chat emaote commands?  I like some faces but they are always scowling and that's not how they always feel.

I don't think the can do that now let alone with tech from 2004.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

eeeh . . . it -might- be doable, actually.

Not a trivial amount of work, to the point that we'd probably need about 10 to 30 more graphic artists to pitch in to get any traction on the idea, and part of the issue is that flat textures can't express as much a range of emotion as modified 3D geometry, so players would need to switch costumes to do things like an eyebrow rise . . . buuuuut . . . yeah, this is definitely something which -could- be done.

Integrating a slash command to change the texture might take some doing, but it would still only be a one to three coder task.  Again, like face shape, the "best" solution there (read:  The solution with the least impact to development time and resources) would be to use costume slots for the other face textures to express emotion.  Of course, at that point, we're right back to needing more costume slots!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1