New Costume Pieces Request

drgantz

Here are a few pieces I'd like to see:

Barbarian rugged gloves to match the boots of the same name.

Carnival masks for male & huge characters.

Carnival masks in the hat category.

Gunslinger 01 & 02 head detail 2 options for male & huge characters.

This one may sound weird, but I think it'd be a great option:  Add short sleeve and classic steampunk sleeves options to the "sleeveless" categories, since they don't extend to the elbow and thus wouldn't cause any clipping issues.

The barbarian chest option is weirdly missing from the jacket option with sleeves, but is present in the sleeveless one.

Several of the hats, like military or official, have yellow/gold parts that are both hard to match to the existing color palette or otherwise limit options.  I would like to see alternatives where these parts either take on the secondary color or are simply black.

I would love to see an alternative version of the 2-pointed jester hat where, instead of left & right colors, it'd be front & back.

I like the matey & swabby hats, but would like options without the dots/circles.

Classic steampunk hat without the goggles.

I think that's enough for now!  Thank you for reading!

Edited by biostem
typos
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later
On 5/31/2021 at 8:30 PM, Christopher Robin said:

While I might like to see it I think that is the only missing item?

What would stop people from making a full on Tsoo character then?

Also hey welcome to the best part of the forums @MIGHTYMOUSE1981 zb7XgP0P_o.png

I mean I can make a longbow character almost identical I've seen some good statesman cosplay costumes 

Edited by MIGHTYMOUSE1981
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stronger looking Female Aesthetic and stance {Let's make this happen}

Superhuman Assault (Super Strength port for Dominators idea)

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33605-superhuman-assault-super-strength-port-for-dominators-idea/

• 4 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

Thought I'd add:

There are two of the backpack options (Apocalypse 2 and 3, I think) that look like air tanks, but they have the biohazard symbol on them.  Can we get a plain version of these to use as breathing/SCUBA tanks?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:02 PM, Shocktacular said:

Thought I'd add:

There are two of the backpack options (Apocalypse 2 and 3, I think) that look like air tanks, but they have the biohazard symbol on them.  Can we get a plain version of these to use as breathing/SCUBA tanks?

I second this, and would go a step further, and like to see versions with no hoses or tubes - just the tanks.

• Like 2

First a simple request:
Tyrant's Star as a chest detail option.
Tyrant-(Emp-Cole).png

More far out there requests are more non-humanoid headshapes like the devouring earth:
DevEarth_Deathcap.jpg
And the 'wood' parts to the devouring earth avatar?
image.png.36c1c0f61fcd802f6545b68e2ecca334.png

The light blue 'pustules' from the underground trial as some options would be great too
Obj_avatar_back.jpg

Stone armor's Granite customization to include the Igneous's Magmite Lord and Slag Golem
Magmite_Lord.png

Non in game stuff that I would love to see included but don't expect it are more robes type clothes, but I understand the clipping issues involved.

Edited by MidnighterClubPatron
  • Like 4

On 9/4/2021 at 5:22 AM, MidnightClubPatron said:

Stone armor's Granite customization to include the Igneous's Magmite Lord and Slag Golem
Magmite_Lord.png

Non in game stuff that I would love to see included but don't expect it are more robes type clothes, but I understand the clipping issues involved.

I'd really support this to give Granite some options but I'd also add a crystalline body option to match the various Stone Armor customizations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• 2 weeks later

I’m a little confused by this thread. I figured it would be a “wouldn’t it be cool if” sort of thing, but most of these posts read like genuine requests for new art and animations.

Is that a thing? I was under the impression Homecoming was run by dedicated fans of CoX who know how to keep the extant game running but there aren’t any “developers” like an active MMO has. No artists, no animators, no writers, just folks who know how to repurpose existing content in new forms, akin to using the AE in godmode for the entire game. Such as that new zone that was added, comprised of existing art in a new configuration, or figuring out how to decouple shoulder options for asymmetrical designs, but not adding new art assets to the game.

If I’m incorrect, that’s cool, and I love to know if that’s the case. (Because I have ideas, believe me.) But I’d think the best we might hope for under the circumstances is if they somehow figure out a way to port existing NPCs over to the character creator, so we could play as Carnies or Devouring Earth, or perhaps have Jaegers as pets.

This energy might be best directed toward the crew making Ship of Heroes, so they can add these ideas to that. (I mean, I still don’t understand why it’s a spaceship and why there are cars on a spaceship, but at least it’s an updated version of a superhero game that needs support in order to become viable.)

But if we have the ability to add new art and animation to the game, please let me know, because that would be amaaazing.

New development is on-going, @Trike.

While Homecoming has been exceptionally cagey about certain types of new content (particularly costume pieces), other servers have demonstrated some significant additions in terms of 3D assets for costuming (check out the Reddit group for the other servers; there are frequently screenshots when new stuff gets shared there).

Even outside of costume pieces, though, Homecoming has created some new stuff:  Power Sets, Quality of Life Features, Story Arcs, Enhancement Sets, and Power Sets.  There's a major update in the pipeline right now which is purported to include a Redside Strike Force including new optional Difficulty gameplay mechanics, a couple of rock Power Sets (word is that they're a Blast and a Manipulation), and an inflatable donut raft emote.  Other stuff too, probably.  Not that any of this is guaranteed, of course.  Just what's supposed to be nearing completion.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later

I just really want more Back options.  Id love to see the metallic neck ring that is attached to the cosmic corsair backpack as a separate costume piece you can use.   Id also love to see just some general tech type stuff as backpack options.  It would also be great if we could get some of the chest piece armor options that dont have a back, either mirrored as a back option, or just some generic back armor options that could be used in conjunction with them to create a more complete look. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

I'd love to be able to use Hero 1's shoulder/cape mantle thing. It's probably not a separate asset though. Or furry shoulders/cape mantles. You can get close with female barbarian stuff plus bolero but no male/huge options.

Actually, more body fur parts would be great. Not just skin texture, but large modeled fur for shoulders/arms/hands/boots. For playing feral werewolfy guys.

Spirit_of_Hero_1.jpg

• Like 1

If it hasn’t been mentioned before, Megaman style Arm cannons. It’s not fair that a mid level Council boss gets one and we don’t.

4FEB1ED6-41DB-4057-99A7-B2F155DC9618.png

BF733664-D087-432D-8B26-5597DC384D40.jpeg

Edited by Optimum_Man
  • Thumbs Up 4

You pay to play, having fun is ok, kill Skuls or kill Crey, hunt at night or in the day, black or white or shades of gray, play it your way, we have no say.

2 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Vandal takes great offense at being called a "mid-level Council boss." He prefers "Council's dollar store Bane."

You think you know the caves, but he was born in them.

Thats it, his new name is Dollar Tree Bane.

• Thumbs Up 1

You pay to play, having fun is ok, kill Skuls or kill Crey, hunt at night or in the day, black or white or shades of gray, play it your way, we have no say.

• 2 weeks later

Being able to add a 'glow layer' would be amazing, even moving glowing items glow, to this position could allow the wearing of non-glowing, without multiple parts.

Ex:

(       Chest       )

< Base Shape > 

< Color Layer >

< Glow Layer >

Hmm not sure how coloring the glow would work though could be a 3rd selector? Most glow layers would have to be a little conservatives as not to detract from Aura's. They'll glow in the dark, but not be bright shiny like Aura's or powers. The idea would be to allow better, natural active/feel to an outfit, instead of counting on Aura's, especially tech. Could even make them increase in intensity a little, when in combat.

• Like 1

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

On 11/2/2021 at 2:36 PM, Xoza said:

Being able to add a 'glow layer' would be amazing, even moving glowing items glow, to this position could allow the wearing of non-glowing, without multiple parts.

Frankly, I'd love to be able to limit what glows on some pieces.  For instance, I'd like to see a version of the Imperial Defense gloves where the actual glove part is black, and the secondary color only applies to the glowing part.  Similarly, the Ascension belt could benefit from a similar treatment, where the "ribs" were just black and only the center jewel took the secondary color & glow effect...

imperial defense gloves.jpg

ascension belt.jpg

• Like 4