Arachnos Soldier RP Questions

Fista

I'm currently playing a AS and created additional uniforms for different occasions. I'd like some options on them and to know if anyone else has done this. Additionally how to you RP (rationalize) coming out of hid for attacks and the "Poison Ray"?

0XluXTs.png?1  zx9OGEDl.png?1

Official Occasions                                                            Training/PT

For use when the traditional or duty uniform is inappropriate.

Edited by Fista
  • Like 2

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

14 hours ago, Fista said:

how to you RP (rationalize) coming out of hid for attacks and the "Poison Ray"?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, here:  It seems, that at least in the CoH universe, attacking from a hidden state *always* reveals your location, even if just for a short period of time.  The "poison ray", as you put it, could either be a an energy blast, that when hitting a target, causes some sort of reaction that results in toxic byproducts/damage, or it could actually be a sort of tightly held magnetic "bubble" that contains a quantity of some toxic substance.

I may be wrong, but  the Westin Phipps arc in CoV mentions some degree of psychic ability in the bane spiders.

"Dr. Nova also explained how the Bane Spiders worked, that they had their own mental powers turned inward so that they mind controlled themselves, then linked them to the rest."
Which could explain their stealth powers and placate as some kind of psychic cloaking. Which makes sense considering how place works.

As for poison ray, maybe it's radiation based, as that would essentially be energy based poison, and its -def fits with game mechanics for rad blast.

15 hours ago, Big Lunk said:

I may be wrong, but  the Westin Phipps arc in CoV mentions some degree of psychic ability in the bane spiders.

"Dr. Nova also explained how the Bane Spiders worked, that they had their own mental powers turned inward so that they mind controlled themselves, then linked them to the rest."
Which could explain their stealth powers and placate as some kind of psychic cloaking. Which makes sense considering how place works.

Bane spiders are linked together in a psychic network, if one of them breaks free from that network Arachnos does not let the thing happen without a reaction. There is in fact a rogue alignment mission that involves helping, for money, one of these Bane spiders flee to Paragon City with the aid of Longbow. They are a bit like the Seers from Praetoria in that regard.

As for the stealth power they get it is called "cloaking device" so I believe it is some sort of technological instrument, at least in the developers' intentions.

From Paragon Wiki: 

In the case of more rare and valuable skills such as psychic powers [Wolf Spiders] can be promoted to the ranks of the Bane Spiders, or those with Mu blood may be transferred to the Mu Mystics. [...]Lord Recluse has had Arachnos gathering psychic children for years, and built two great forces, each army part of his strategy to fully control the forces that destroy all conquerors. The children, their powers are remade: their powers are forced inward. 

So, I guess they use their psychic powers to make themselves pass under the notice of people around them. Attacking breaks the illusion because they're drawing attention to themselves and therefore "bursting the bubble". 

For the poisonous ray... radiation? Vaporised toxins channelled with gravity-focusing technology? 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas