Confront Question

loyalreader

I'm building a scrapper who will have no ranged attacks. I'm trying to decide between Air Superiority and Confront to mitigate flying enemies. My question is... would Confront work to pull fliers into melee range or would they still attack from outside of melee range. If the latter then I think I'd be better off getting Air Superiority. What say you? 

How about giving yourself flight so you can get at them in the air?  Oh, and a Tanker's taunt won't bring flying mobs to the ground although it does cut their range so they'll come a bit closer so Confront won't bring them down either.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

No ranged attack I'm aware of is certain to bring floaties like Rularuu, Seers, or Mu into melee range.  If it's possible to break line of sight after attacking them you might manage to make them come closer.  But your Nemesis Staff or Blackwand will work just as well for that purpose without burning a power selection on Confront.  I can't imagine taking Confront on a scrapper; it's a single target taunt that needs an accuracy/to-hit check.  No one is going to expect a scrapper to be taunting anything. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'd go with Air Superiority. If you jump up and tag a foe with it they'll fall to the ground. It just works, it has an appealing animation and the #s on it are just solid for a filler attack.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

12 hours ago, Heraclea said:

No ranged attack I'm aware of is certain to bring floaties like Rularuu, Seers, or Mu into melee range.  If it's possible to break line of sight after attacking them you might manage to make them come closer.  But your Nemesis Staff or Blackwand will work just as well for that purpose without burning a power selection on Confront.  I can't imagine taking Confront on a scrapper; it's a single target taunt that needs an accuracy/to-hit check.  No one is going to expect a scrapper to be taunting anything. 

FYI, Confront is autohit in PVE. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel