Thugs/Kin - Competitive 8v8 Arena PvP Video

M3z

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share this PvP video of a competitive 8v8 arena match on my thugs/kin MM!

We played on Skyway and were running 2 emps, 1 mm, 3 blasters, 1 dom, 1 defender (nature). The general idea behind this lineup is we gather around every 2 minutes to buff the entire team with kinetics/nature buffs. My role is to mess up the enemies ability to target (when they tab they must tab through my pets) to disrupt the enemy offense and to provide extra damage on targets via pets and my shark attacks/KO blow. If anyone has any questions about what's going on in the vid let me know!

Edited by M3z

reads as a solid plan. if names and costumes were all similar between the pets and players it would be a nightmare, until someone figured out how to target next player rather than pet.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Troo said:

reads as a solid plan. if names and costumes were all similar between the pets and players it would be a nightmare, until someone figured out how to target next player rather than pet.

Regarding the names, same name teams aren't allowed (they're called barcode teams) because at one point (long time ago probably around i10 or so) some teams were doing just that on the test server pvp ladder. Running entire teams where their names would be variations of IIIlIll, IIIIlIlI, etc. Everyone agreed to ban it because that strategy would quickly become the only viable strategy and would remove one of the fun parts about competitive pvp in this game (coordinated targeted spiking).

Anyway just a little brief pvp history lesson about barcode teams heh, if anyone wants to use my build I've attached it to this post.

THUGS KIN 10-19-21.mxd

Edited by M3z
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, macnolias said:

M3z, thank you for creating the city of spine/fire brutes haha.

With this MM, would you stick with the same primary slotting, pool/epic for PvE?

Hey macnolias, no problem.

For pve you can probably drop stealth/invis/phase and pick up fulcrim shift, siphon speed and instead of leviathan you can go mu mastery for thunderstrike and electrifying fences.

Mez, thanks for the response. This will be off topic a little further, secondary dark. 

As far as Epic...

Chill mastery: flash freeze, hoarfrost and frozen armor. Frozen armor does provide the ability to slot def and res enhancements. So between it and hoarfrost I can literally slot every special def/resist(proc) enhancement avail. That and frozen armor does provide a more universal protection than charged armor in MU.

Question is, is electrifying fences alone better than all of chill mastery?

EDIT: RECHARGE TIME OF Electric Fences!

Edited by macnolias

• 2 weeks later